Relevance

PHArchivist

Master Member
Is JD really so popular that we need a dedicated forum on the film?

Or...

Was if possibly just one of the more popular films out at the time we decided to create dedicated forums?

I mean, really; think about it - we have a dedicated Judge Dredd Forum, and we don't have an Indiana Jones forum.

As so many like to claim, "Just sayin'..."

Is JD really so popular that we need a dedicated forum on the film?
"

i agree one film dose not warrant it, yeah there was a mad stage when everyone was to coin a phrase DREDD'ING it but that passed. separate ones for things like MARVEL,DC and STAR WARS make sense as there big franchise but Dredd so far stands alone till i hope other 2000AD characters emerge on the big screen.

Another that is lacking (and way bigger than Dredd) is that little-known space series called Star Trek.

But I can see how Halo and Dredd blow that out of the proverbial "popularity water"! ;)

I agree, but it is nice to see JD stuff not getting lost in the mass of everything else. If there is a JD separate forum then why not Indy and Star Trek?? Maybe we need more separate forums, not less.

Separate forums for separate films make sense. The Dredd forum breaks down the costume to analyse where every part came from. I can't see how this isn't useful to all genres?

I see your point but I do wonder what happens if a forum "goes away". Beyond the organization being lost I wonder if the fans of that franchise won't feel a bit neglected or hurt in some way.

I don't know what the answer is. I hate boards that have a milliopn forums, but I cn also see the benefit for more specific forums in some cases. I think it may encourage those fans to dig deeper and post more (hopefully) relevant things in regard to the costumes. It is also nice in that it focuses searching and can make the information easier to find.

Maybe the solution is that we need to get another Dredd film made. :)

L~

And to be clear, I have nothing against Judge Dredd, but I do feel it may have been a bit of a "flavor of the month" when these dedicated forums were initially spawned.

Also, not trying to get it taken down or anything either. I suppose my point is to simply question/remind that the concept of a dedicated forum really needs to apply to the biggest of the big; the best of the best.

Many other far more significant franchises out there than Halo, or Judge Dredd. Bond...? Jurassic Park? LOTR? POTC?

Harry Potter...

Another way of looking at it (especially considering some of the truly historic franchises that do NOT have dedicated forums), it almost seems like the mods had this super cool idea of dedicated forums, threw a couple up (some that were merely popular titles at the time), then just forgot about the whole concept...

The RPF seems to be too popular to not have separate forums, otherwise you'd have to search the site constantly and that blows.....Why not have 20 or 30 sub forums??....or whatever it takes. I can see why they've done it...it just needs more definition.

A sub forum topic (bond, dredd etc) might wax and wane popularity wise, but I do like the defined variety.

The RPF seems to be too popular to not have separate forums, otherwise you'd have to search the site constantly and that blows.....Why not have 20 or 30 sub forums??....or whatever it takes. I can see why they've done it...it just needs more definition.

A sub forum topic (bond, dredd etc) might wax and wane popularity wise, but I do like the defined variety.

Agreed...

Another would be Terminator...

It would make sense to have seperate forums for every genre & subforums in those. At least then people can peruse other forums as the fancy takes them.

Do the math....if more forums equals more ads equals potentially more ad revenue, then it's win/win for the RPF owner peeps

The argument is that it dilutes the core structure/purpose/brand....but I actually think it's the opposite.

While the Dredd forum seems quiet dead, when I come here I tend to want to contribute more to help it grow....which is a more focused thing compared to hitting the 'new post' button

See, I'm always trying to help...;) ......now where's my check for my share of the ad revenue stream:lol

While I agree the Dredd forum has gone quiet it is still an invaluable source for reference {as long as people don't take their pictures down} which in itself will bring people to the forum. When I first started researching Dredd the RPF was invaluable in helping me. I'm looking at putting together a second costume & once again the RPF will be my go to forum for research.

Having access to screen pulled items from the originals for nearly the entire costume, i've never seen that, having all the info in one place ? Amazing !! I'm so thankful to have it :)

Thank You RPF !

The RPF forum was invaluable when I started to make my very first dredd outfit. Without you guys, I would never of finished my armour in time for comicon.
cheers guys and gals

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back