Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Tom1971 is offline Tom1971
    Oct 28, 2015, 10:53 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #26

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psacx0ozjr.jpg

Read post# 19 here : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=40270 and post# 3 and also post# 10 here : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=36797 . . . the picture above is the one lonepigeon speaks of.

Chaim

Awesome pic. Thanks.

It's weird because I had seen those threads and I did not read them all the way through because there seemed to be a lot of disagreement and most the photos are gone.

So we have:

The above promo pic for Jedi showing the Hero ESB Saber on his belt.

The saber on his belt is never actually seen in the ROTJ film.

We have pics that show a dueling saber that is very similar or the same as the ESB hero saber.

We have Dueling ROTJ pics clearly showing the "Episode VI Vader saber" with the cut off blade that has become the "Official" ROTJ Vader Saber

Do I have that all down???

So you could use either an ESB MPP or a Graflex ROTJ version and be fine for a ROTJ Vader saber??????

Thanks again.

Tom
    From
    Germany
    Oct 28, 2015, 12:01 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #27

From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Oct 29, 2015, 1:31 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #28

Now wait just one minute, is that the V2, used as a fencing saber?! I didn't think...I thought it was only a belt hanger, how'd they keep the blade in there? Hell...

Edit: I remember it was used backstage for fencing in ESB, I remember that video now. Still thought by ROTJ it was beat to crap but don't pay attention to me, carry on.....
    Nov 30, 2015, 1:03 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #29

So has anyone tried one of Pastor Jedi’s kits?
    From
    Los Angeles
    Feb 6, 2018, 12:28 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #30

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    So I just wonder ... is this an inquiry about who's making the accurate parts to put together a DV ROTJ G R A F L E X yourself? ... In which case you need to be patient until Roy and I have time to work on all those pieces to see what's feasible to produce, since nobody is offering those at the moment, however if this is just an inquiry about getting your hands on a completed lightsaber then perhaps the WTB section in the Junkyard of this forum is more approriate for that kind of a request, do you agree?

Chaim

Necrobump!!!!

I realized I have a manglked vintage lower and an empty 2.0 upper, so that's a decent start for a MoM/Faux ROTJ hero / stunt / DV6 lightsaber. Did you and Roy do a run of parts? IS Elvis Trooper still doing them? Does anybody have them and want to sell them to me?
  6. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Feb 6, 2018, 2:05 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #31

SethS said: View Post
    Necrobump!!!!

I realized I have a manglked vintage lower and an empty 2.0 upper, so that's a decent start for a MoM/Faux ROTJ hero / stunt / DV6 lightsaber. Did you and Roy do a run of parts? IS Elvis Trooper still doing them? Does anybody have them and want to sell them to me?
    I never managed to create parts for this saber. I did the research and some initial accurate modelling, I even bought the MR limited edition version, but I never managed to arrange the manufacturing of all the parts. And it's quite a few: shroud block, clamp ring, clamp block, D-ring assembly, glass eye replacement knob, counter sunk hex bolts.
    I've been searching a ridiculous amount of hours for the real part vintage circuit breaker/ fuse supposedly used for the clamp block. I never even found anything remotely close. I lost my interest at a certain point.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Feb 6, 2018, 2:09 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #32

That doesn't help me with making my own Roy!

DON'T BE A QUITTER!
  8. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Feb 6, 2018, 2:19 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #33

SethS said: View Post
    That doesn't help me with making my own Roy!

DON'T BE A QUITTER!
    I know. I feel terrible about it. Devastated.

I also forgot to mention the double ball latch. I found the real part (Chaim has it as well) but it's impossible to find a whole batch of them.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Feb 6, 2018, 2:48 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #34

I get it-- it's just one of those mystery sabers.

Anyone know how close the parts on the Korbanth DV6 are? Suitable substitutes?
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    Feb 6, 2018, 2:50 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #35

I specifically bought Romans Gen2 Graflex in the hopes that someday there will be accurate parts available to make this saber. I'll keep hoping.
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Feb 7, 2018, 9:10 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #36

I've got a beat up, shiny vintage top that would be perfect for an RotJ Vader saber. I was hoping there was already an easy solution for conversion that I just hadn't seen yet. Drat.
  12. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Feb 7, 2018, 11:02 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #37

I'm ready to go.... I just need to find a machine shop to drill the holes for me....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4191.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	994.3 KB 
ID:	793586
  13. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    Feb 7, 2018, 10:26 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #38

Yeah, this one haunts my collection. Still a gaping hole there without it.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Feb 7, 2018, 11:17 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #39

So clearly somebody needs to do a run of parts!
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Mar 17, 2018, 10:46 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #40

I found this tire valve at the local Napa Auto Parts -- Item 90-438, online at https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90438 -- and I think it matches the prop's geometry pretty well. Thoughts?

Name:	napa1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	803289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napa2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	803290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napa3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	803291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napa4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	803292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napa5.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	803293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napa6.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	803294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napa7.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	803295
  16. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Mar 17, 2018, 10:51 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #41

Years ago when I was making this saber for myself, the closest thing I ever found was a tire valve just like this, only it was missing that inner taper. This looks right to me! May have to make myself a new one!
  17. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Mar 17, 2018, 11:27 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #42

Hi Drew, great find!
    It looks almost perfect, but not completely perfect. I think the inner bevel is slightly smaller as you can see on this picture:

From
    Rochester, NY
    Mar 17, 2018, 11:46 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #43

roygilsing said: View Post
    Hi Drew, great find!
    It looks almost perfect, but not completely perfect. I think the inner bevel is slightly smaller as you can see on this picture:
    Ah! Right you are, Roy.
  19. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Mar 18, 2018, 12:31 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #44

I think the MR version looked very much like what you've found, which is what is triggering it looking "correct" to us...
    From
    Los Angeles
    Mar 18, 2018, 1:28 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #45

It’s the closest thing I’ve ever seen.
  21. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Mar 18, 2018, 10:23 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #46

Excellent freakn find!!!
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Mar 18, 2018, 11:04 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #47

A (not so) quick comparison photo. I was trying to match the inner bevel to see how closely the rest of the dome would match up.

Name:	close.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	803383

(I used PureRef to hold the original photo in a transparent overlay over my camera's live view fed into OBS Studio over HDMI using an Elgato capture card. I think with a bit of practice it will be an excellent method for getting comparison shots, so I mention it. The software is pay what you like and free, respectively.)
    From
    Virginia
    Mar 18, 2018, 4:30 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #48

I picked one up today to set aside for a future build. Thank you for the heads up, Drew!
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Mar 18, 2018, 6:53 PM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #49

Jediscum said: View Post
    I picked one up today to set aside for a future build. Thank you for the heads up, Drew!
    Glad to help!
    From
    East Riding of Yorkshire...originally from Glasgow!
    Mar 19, 2018, 4:04 AM - Re: Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber? #50

Drew Baker said: View Post
    A (not so) quick comparison photo. I was trying to match the inner bevel to see how closely the rest of the dome would match up.

Name:	close.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	803383

(I used PureRef to hold the original photo in a transparent overlay over my camera's live view fed into OBS Studio over HDMI using an Elgato capture card. I think with a bit of practice it will be an excellent method for getting comparison shots, so I mention it. The software is pay what you like and free, respectively.)
    Dang....that IS close! Really good find Drew!

Rich