BLADE RUNNER Deckard TRENCH Coat pics needed

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Just as the title says.
Anyone have any good pics they want to share?
Front, side, back...close up's of details and materials? Interior lining??

Anything you may have would be very helpfull. I may be making this as I do have a production gap coming up that I need to fill. This could be fun to do and probably quick to get going and out the door.
Potential interest in this see the J/Y. I want to keep this for research only.

****New Info***
I want to do the tweed Jacket/Blazer he wears underneath the Trench coat also. A good link to the actual one is posted below. Thanks Spinner 44.
Check it out and if you think it's also cool then drop me a line in the J/Y so I can see if there is enough to make that as well.

Thanks.

David

David,
Along with the pics that someone already posted in the JY, here's another:
It shows good detail of the quilting along the collar portion of the coat.

deckard.jpg

Hope that's useful.

Hmm, just found this on Google image search as well. Seems to be a description or something of the coat. Or maybe a handwritten COA for the Profiles in History auction:

COA.jpg

I think it reads, "Bonhams Nov 99

To whom it may concern.
Lot 110.
The russet silk ??????
jacket was specifically
designed for Harrison Ford
in the film "Blade Runner
by myself.

Charles ???????

Originally posted by NEKROFANATIC@Jan 16 2006, 08:53 AM
travel -or- tweed ?
[snapback]1160391[/snapback]​

Tweed. Of course, duh. . . that's what it is.
You know, come to think of it, this letter probably pertains to the 'suit jacket' and not the trenchcoat. Deckard's suit jacket was tweed.

Originally posted by superjedi+Jan 16 2006, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(superjedi @ Jan 16 2006, 02:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NEKROFANATIC
@Jan 16 2006, 08:53 AM
travel -or- tweed ?
[snapback]1160391[/snapback]​

Tweed. Of course, duh. . . that's what it is.
You know, come to think of it, this letter probably pertains to the 'suit jacket' and not the trenchcoat. Deckard's suit jacket was tweed.
[snapback]1160572[/snapback]​
[/b]

I would lean towards agreeing with this. The trench coat doesnt seem to be tweed.
Still, a great find having that letter there.

David

It's actually "trech jacket" http://media.bladezone.com/contents/film/p...stumes/deckard/

The coat was made of a very fine egyptian cotton, that is what it has so many wrinkles on it. Not desigened to be waterproff or anything. If there was any lining at all it was just for the upper part, there are many pics of the Zhora chase scene that show how the cotton is not lined from the hips down and in fact its translucent.

I think Phil S. had some very good info on the coat and sure he'll be willing to help you. It's actually strange he hasn't posted yet.

Regards

Wasn't there a copy of the coat available once on "Trench Man's" now defunct site, Trenchco? Not a bad copy, but I guess demand exceeded supply, and the site got gobbled up by the web...

Is there an accepted collar height? I get 3.5" when I scale it based off a 0.75" button on the collar.

That makes the buttoned pocket 5" high and 1.125" wide, and the strap 1"x2".

Any thoughts?

Here is the photo I was using.
[attachmentid=6095]

Last edited:
Originally posted by moviebuff5@Jan 19 2006, 12:06 PM
Is there an accepted collar height?  I get 3.5" when I scale it based off a 0.75" button on the collar.

That makes the buttoned pocket 5" high and 1.125" wide, and the strap 1"x2".

Any thoughts?

Here is the photo I was using.
[attachmentid=6095]
[snapback]1162924[/snapback]​

Good call. :)

Wait 'till you guys see what I'm cooking up here. :):):)

I may also make the tweed jacket to go along with it.....

David

Originally posted by nick daring@Jan 19 2006, 07:32 PM
The coat and jacket. You are truly after my heart.

Nick
[snapback]1163279[/snapback]​

Eh...I'm thinking about it. There is a lot of reference material on that also so I figured what the heck. We'll see though. If people seem interested in that also then I'll go ahead with it, otherwise I dont want to invest time, resources and mulah into something not many will want. The cool thing is if the community is up for this also, then I'll make them both at the same time.

I just dont know if for peoples displays or wearing if they will go as far as to get the jacket also. I suppose we'll see.....:)

David

I was looking at the image again, and I must have rescaled the image when I scrolled down. The pocket seems to be 1.375"x6.0" with the strap 1.25"x2.375".

Using that scale on another picture with the collar unbuttoned makes the collar appear to be between 4.0" and 4.25" wide/high.

Trench is in the works.
What I need is some image/s of the interior. Even if it's just a small part of the trench open showing the inside.
I'd like a good look a the lining and just how far it goes. If it's a standard 'partial' lining or not. I'm guessing it is though.
Any details here would really help.

This trench as some very particular details. Collar and pockets mostly. I used to make garments for Canali, and they had many trench coats. Similar fabrics to this one. As long as the details are accurate and properly positioned on my end, getting it done right is not going to be the issue.
Things of concern on my end are the color...VERY important. If the color is off it'll throw the entire look off. Details and what not are equally important obviously but those are easily seen thanks to the images some here have supplied me with. Big thanks to you all.
If I nail the color, that's easily 75% of this project out of the way. The rest is simple garment construction based on accurate interpretation of reference materials. I'm hoping my use of the words Accurate Interpretaion is just that.....:)

Regarding the Blazer Jacket, in all honesty, I'm on the fence. I dont know if there is enough interest to get that going too. Maybe, maybe not...hoping the Interest thread in the JY will get more comments about the jacket too. I dont have any plans to make the tie, shirt or pants....that's for sure. B)

More to come..

DAvid

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back