GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

if its an all female ghostbuster cast why is flow the ghost?? wouldn't it have been SMARTER to have flow be the buster??? ALL the "brand" commercial's I have seen have all been men... and to Coby Bryant "YOU CANT ACT, STOP MAKING COMMERCIAL'S"

if its an all female ghostbuster cast why is flow the ghost?? wouldn't it have been SMARTER to have flow be the buster??? ALL the "brand" commercial's I have seen have all been men... and to Coby Bryant "YOU CANT ACT, STOP MAKING COMMERCIAL'S"

what egon said.

just take a look at that spanish add with the soccer player. if it wasn't for that little clip at the end, un informed fans across the globe would be terribly bait and switched when they saw the actual movie, even if they DIDN'T think a soccer star was in it.

I don't know....everything about this is just the definition of insanity. it would give psychologists years of analyization ;o)

i'm more curious to find out if this new ecto force series is going to be feig and pascal f ree. although, since we are dealing with sony, they probably have other idiots to replace those two there.

My Tobins, movie novelization, Ghosts From Our Past and all the kids books arrived. Loving all of them so far. The Ghosts From Our Past is very much like the Zombie Survival Guide. A mix of real world (as real as it can be) ghost investigation with the movie stuff.

I also got this business card for the restaurant HQ with Past. I have a feeling the number may work soon.

image.jpeg

More bashing of anyone who isn't into this new movie.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/06/ghostbusters-fans-sexism-debate

I'm glad they settled that with plenty of insightful thought.

For the record, I loved Bridesmaids and everyone of the female cast has made me laugh at some point, and laugh with them. I'm tired of this sexism excuse. I'm sure there are people out there that hate the female cast, but i don't care about it. I don't think this movie comes close to ruining my childhood. I think that kind of thinking is silly. The originals still exist, it's just that this one looks like garbage.

"As McCarthy told The New York Times: “It is good to remember, it is a tiny, tiny fraction that screams. Normal, healthy people don’t stand outside, saying, ‘You’re ruining my childhood!’ There’s one nut on every corner in every city that does it. But so what? The other 300,000 people in a town aren’t doing that.”"

300,000 people... .but a 252,865 to 880,848 like to dislike on the first trailer. I'm sure that it would be just as bad if Sony hadn't decided to release new trailers on other youtube channels after that absolute landslide of negative likes.

For the record, I loved Bridesmaids and everyone of the female cast has made me laugh at some point, and laugh with them. I'm tired of this sexism excuse. I'm sure there are people out there that hate the female cast, but i don't care about it. I don't think this movie comes close to ruining my childhood. I think that kind of thinking is silly. The originals still exist, it's just that this one looks like garbage.

"As McCarthy told The New York Times: “It is good to remember, it is a tiny, tiny fraction that screams. Normal, healthy people don’t stand outside, saying, ‘You’re ruining my childhood!’ There’s one nut on every corner in every city that does it. But so what? The other 300,000 people in a town aren’t doing that.”"

300,000 people... .but a 252,865 to 880,848 like to dislike on the first trailer. I'm sure that it would be just as bad if Sony hadn't decided to release new trailers on other youtube channels after that absolute landslide of negative likes.

theres one in the NY Time mentioning sexism too.

honestly. the biggest children here are sony at this point. they've got an angle and they know it.
it's like one big soap opera or bad reality show.

Look, as I've said, this is brilliant marketing jiu-jitsu. You effectively goad people into the theaters (well, people who are at all plugged into this story) by saying "The people who DON'T want to see it are SEXIST." The implication being "So YOU should see it unless YOU'RE a sexist too!" Likewise, it insulates the film from criticism. Or at least, I suppose that's the hope.

What I find most interesting is just how...intense this has gotten. Like, the response from the production team is a full-on press blitz about how this is just sexist trolls who dislike the film. And they talk to as many outlets as possible. It's become the line in response to criticism of the film. "Well, it's just these sexist troll man-babies." There's no discussion of any kind of legitimate criticism. All criticism = sexist temper tantrums. It's smart in some respects.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder what will happen to that line of discussion if the movie comes out and is just objectively not good. Or, what if audiences just give a collective shrug and go watch something else. Not because of sexism, but because "eh, it just didn't look that interesting." Will the response simply be that "Well, it's because the sexist trolls poisoned everyone's minds"? What will the narrative be about this film? What will the history books say, so to speak?

more of the same old nonsense.

i wonder if mcarthy is like rosie. nice in front of the camera, a witch behind it.

'nothing cynical went into making this film'
bull ****

'there's no other agenda with this movie than make them laugh'.....
better go into a nother business then.

they've got their standard interview talk down now, nothing new.

Why, in every interview, do the women have to stroke paul's ego? he's so great at this, he can do this, he's a natural at this.

From the NY Times Article..
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/movies/whos-afraid-of-female-ghostbusters.html
Oh Paul Fig Newton......how many blatant lies are in this statement?
especially about the secret lunch pascal invited you to behind reitmans back? how come so few people are telling the REAL story of how and why this got made?

>>PAUL FEIG Ivan [Reitman] had a sequel script he was excited about and asked if I wanted to do it. The idea was the other Ghostbusters were going to hand off the technology to a new group. Then Amy Pascal [the former Sony studio chief] called me to lunch, and she was like, “Why don’t any of you comedy filmmakers want to do this?” Because it’s this sacred movie, and it’s scary to take on those guys. But she [said], “There’s this great franchise sitting there.” That stuck with me. Funny people in peril, fighting the paranormal with technology is such a good idea. So I [thought], how would I do it? Oh, all the funny women that I work with and am dying to work with, that makes me excited for this. Should they be their daughters? [No, because] they’re being handed something. Oh, if I could reboot it!>>

Last edited by a moderator:
I also find it funny that when all 4 were on Kimmel before one of the nba finals games they were all like we are all best friends and this was the best movie ever being able to work with eachother when we know they had to do script rewrites when some of the cast were **** ed off they did not have as many lines as the others. Such b.s. come from all 4 of their mouths.

I especially love this line...

>>>JONES They redid “Roots,” and everyone was saying, ‘Oh, it shouldn’t have been done.’ I was like, it definitely should have been done. Because it needs to be refurbished for the new generation, so they can understand it. When we did this reboot, I thought “Ghostbusters” fans would be so excited: “They’ve got the new technology — the ghosts are going to look real now.” These kids are not going to get the jokes that Bill and Dan told. There has to be a new story.>>>>

What is dated in the original movie?
why don't the ghosts look real? cause it's not some crappy CGI? do they not know how long it took young me to even be able to LOOK the librarian head on?

meanwhile, in this one, they'll probably mention so many social media outlets trying to be 'current' and it'll be out dated 6 months after it comes out ;o).

It's funny how they turn from praising the original movie, to bashing it.

Neither this nor Roots needed remade, the problem is everyone except hollywood can see that some things don't need remade. The original Roots was far more powerful because at the time nothing like it had been made, the new one is just another rehash of history with nothing new to be offered. It's not like they found notes from Alex Halley saying he found new info. A cash grab is a cash grab no matter what. It's the same in the game industry with remakes. I actually just last night saw the first and only commercial for Ghostbusters on tv and didn't see it again. Amazon has a game on preorder but I'm not sure if it's based on this movie or not.

The first sensible post in this entire thread!
Well done, sir!

surprise surprise this mess is going to be PG-13

>>PG-13 for supernatural action and some crude humor.>>

SOME Crude humor? feigy is known for nothing BUT crude humor.

Read through the Star Wars episode 8 and rogue 1 threads...

Most of us here are more judgemental about all things SW than we would ever be about a GB movie.....

There are 2 lead females for BOTH of the next 2 SW movies... While a few of us think YES it's pretty obvious what the trend in hollyweird is with shoehorning PC-ness.........

We all think the female leads look strong and awesome!!!! And that the movies are looking and sounding awesome!!!

Yet 90% of these same RPFers.... Think the new GB is a travesty. And in no way looks like it has remote potential to be even passable.....

What say you hate-haters?

MIC DROP.

Last edited:
someone interviews idiot, idiot says stupid things.

I like the imdb lists of his accomplishments ;o)

>>>Tom Rothman, the guy who:

1. Greenlit Josh Trank and Fant4stic
2. Cancelled Firefly
3. Transformed Daredevil 2003 from an r rated gritty movie into that campy *beep* (Yes, it was originally meant to be more like the netflix series)
4. Stopped the Deadpool movie from coming out
5. Cut the original two fantastic 4's budgets
6. Transforming Die Hard 4 into a PG-13 movie

And even more...>>>

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-rothman-spider-man-plans-904849

I hope someone spray paints ' i thought it was gonna be he man over them all'
13432416_1049997265036119_4897898220408341435_n.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back