Punisher (Bernthal) Daredevil Season 2

I haven’t seen any up close pics but after seeing a couple pics it looks close to a Levi’s JACket Costco sold last month, same jacket another character wears in the show but in black

The boots in episode one and possibly the first couple episodes are different from the ones later in the season.

Boots are Bates 6.2 8 inch side zip boot and the discontinued Bates 8 inch Zero Mass. The Zero Mass boots were used in Season 2 of Daredevil and make an appearance again in this season of Punisher.

View attachment 778166

In this photo you get a good look of the front and side angles of the boot.
Here is a photo of the sole and front of the 6.2 series.
View attachment 778167
punisher boot 2.jpg
The front looks convincing but if you look closely at the zipper there is a velcro tab going across the shoe, the 6.2 has a nice stretchy material over the zipper instead.. The sole for the 6.2 matches perfectly to the shoe that is shown later in the season.

Now here is a comparison of the Zero Mass Front and Side similar to the reference.
punisher boot 4.jpgpunisher boots 3.jpg
As you can see, from the front, the 6.2 and Zero Mass are quite close and from the side view there is a velcro tab going across the zipper to secure it. The 6.2 series has a line on the very front which aren't on the Zero Mass or the screen grab I posted either. The 6.2 series is a replacement of this series as far as I can see. The Zero Mass has a different sole from the other, and with the screen grab of the scenes from later in the season, they clearly match the 6.2 and not the Zero Mass which is why I'm pretty sure that they used 2 different sets of boots.
Also, for the jacket in the photo, I'm fairly certain it is indeed Levi's. The Levi's Men's Washed Cotton Two Pocket Military Jacket in black. (With logo removed)
punisher jacket.jpg

Last edited:
But what I wanna know is who's gonna be making that Vest!?! Just finished the series and I can imagine seeing that vest with the 2 bullets lodged in the skull hanging in a nice shadow box frame on the wall. Anyone know if its made for the show only or looks close to a real tactical vest?

But what I wanna know is who's gonna be making that Vest!?! Just finished the series and I can imagine seeing that vest with the 2 bullets lodged in the skull hanging in a nice shadow box frame on the wall. Anyone know if its made for the show only or looks close to a real tactical vest?

Vest is custom, Costume Replica Cave makes a good one, I'm sure you could get a battleworn version if you asked for it.

there is a guy on Etsy by the name of artnwearablethings that makes a pretty nice vest for a good price. It's not 100% accurate but easy to do some mods and get up to snuff. You can get it with the skull painted on or without, I went without since I was going to mod some stuff, I painted the skull on once everything else was done. Here are a few pics from a photo shoot I did with a friend back in October.
received_10212048003493916.jpegreceived_10212267556342600.jpegreceived_10212267632344500.jpegreceived_10212267608543905.jpeg

I've had an eye on that Etsy vest but had some concerns with the quality. After seeing your pictures though I think I'm going ahead with ordering one.

What's the name of those pants you are wearing in the shoot?

I've had an eye on that Etsy vest but had some concerns with the quality. After seeing your pictures though I think I'm going ahead with ordering one.

What's the name of those pants you are wearing in the shoot?

pants are Emerson Military Tactical G2 airsoft pants with detachable knee pads. I grabbed them off Amazon, they look really close to the pants he wears in the last few episodes, obviously with the knee pads removed.

the vest is nice quality for the price and he gets it to you in about 40 days, mods took me maybe 3-4 hours. I shortened the eye plates and added the clip things to them, and added the material with snaps to the ends of the eye sections, sanded and painted the plastic teeth section at the bottom and replaced the rivet detail at the sides of the bottom side pieces with snaps, I also added 3" black elastic for the ammo holders, very simple to do I added it with liquid stitch then once that was dry added a few stitches here and there for support. The painting of the skull was probably the most time consuming to be honest.

Now I need some of those Bates boots and I can call this one pretty well finished.

Loaded up some of the best pics I could find of Bernthal's jacket in the TV sires. Definitely has the M65 feel. I can agree with the above that it has the same style as the Levi pictured... is that Levi all cotton or is it denim? Bernthal's definitely does not have a denim feel atleast not from these pics.

. bernthal.jpg

gallery-1475760867-gettyimages-612917302.jpg

jon-bernthal-punisher-set-shaved-head-beard.jpg

jon-bernthal-starts-filming-the-punisher-first-set-photos-04.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else think that it's odd that Frank Castle wears his pants bloused? I get that it's a military thing but when he's out and about New York as a "civilian" I feel it makes him stick out.... which is something the Punisher wouldn't want.

Loaded up some of the best pics I could find of Bernthal's jacket in the TV sires. Definitely has the M65 feel. I can agree with the above that it has the same style as the Levi pictured... is that Levi all cotton or is it denim? Bernthal's definitely does not have a denim feel atleast not from these pics.

. View attachment 779103

View attachment 779104

View attachment 779105

View attachment 779106

The jacket is cotton, the question now is weather it's the sherpa version or standard. Both have same volume of padding and price.

The jacket is cotton, the question now is weather it's the sherpa version or standard. Both have same volume of padding and price.

So far, on amazon when ti comes to the Lvi's washed cotton two pocket military jacket.... I've only found the sherpa lined version.

Is there a "standard version"?

So far, on amazon when ti comes to the Lvi's washed cotton two pocket military jacket.... I've only found the sherpa lined version.

Is there a "standard version"?

Yeah, actually, a couple years ago, I liked the jacket in olive green and it was a Christmas gift maybe 3 years ago. This one is a sherpa lined one. I saw the jacket and immediately noticed it. I had a gift card for Amazon so I attempted to buy the sherpa lined one in black, but they didnt have it in my size. So, I went with the other one. It's basically a padded stitched diamond pattern. On the inside. Just as thick and just as warm.

I am wondering what's the tacticle sweater that he wears in the new series? I want one!

Do you have a pic of this tactical sweater? My guess, without seeing an image, is that it's not a tactical sweater but just a military issue or military style sweater.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back