Batman cowl from batman arkham knight with mechanism.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegI just finished silicone molding and ultracal mothermolding(if there's such a word) of the piece that i sculpted in the post before

I was worried about having to pay another $150 on silicone.but then i saw that i had a left over 3kg of ultracal and after research and a question thread i found out that i could use it to make a mold for resin casting

Here are some more pics of my progress: i finished all the electronics and only need to cast one more piece thenn put it all together,the forehead piece broke so i had to make one out of polymorph image.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 128
Hry guys,just finished the forehimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegdiece and backpainted the clear resin pieces.Because the resin is clear painting the back only makes a beautiful color in the resin.

Hey guys,sorry for the late update,i just finished molding the horns with silicone and i started making the mothermold with ultracal,i went to get the hose to clean my bucket and then i hear this gushing water sound,i look over and the ultracal had leaked and spilled absolutely everywhere,turns out there was part of my clay wall that was very thin and the weightof the ultracal ripped it open,anyway now i'm going to get some plaster cloth and use that as my mothermolding material,will post some pics soon

Here is image.jpegimage.jpega pic of the silicone horn mold and as you can see there is only a silicone jacket on the horns,i also did some more refining on the forehead piece

Just finished molding the head pieceimage.jpegimage.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry its only supposed to be 1 photo

- - - Updated - - -

And if your wondering what the crater on his forehead is for,its a pour spout

OP delivers!

WP, but I was wondering, once you cast all of the pieces, how are you going to ensure accuracy, i.e. when you assemble the pieces, are you going to wet and dry paper/ sand paper them or something else?

OP delivers!

WP, but I was wondering, once you cast all of the pieces, how are you going to ensure accuracy, i.e. when you assemble the pieces, are you going to wet and dry paper/ sand paper them or something else?

I'm not getting what you mean by accuracy,do you mean like how much it looks like the actual mask?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back