The Batman

Extremely keen on a heady investigation with intrigue and darkness and depth. Sounds phenomenal.

There's a reason Ra's refers to our boy with reverence as "The Detective."

Looking forward to this side of him being fleshed out more on screen - we saw some in BvS, but can't wait for more. I hope its a genuinely solid mystery and it isnt precedented by anything in the comics. Use existing IP to tell a new story, a new mystery.

I've always wished somebody would write the character for film the way Denny O'Neil did in the early 70's comics: smart, analytical, tough when he needed to be. And with just the right amount of humor to offset the serious stuff.

As much as some won't like this I think Batman has suffered the same problem James Bond did before the newer films: Too many gadgets and he veered into the dark and gritty that Frank Miller created so we wound up with a costumed Rambo.....

I don't think Batman shouldn't have gadgets but less action movie and more CSI,he can fight but he should spend more time digging into clues and playing head games with people.

We'll see what happens.

This.

Frank Miller's Batman was a reaction to an image that had gone too far in the other direction. It wasn't the ideal version of Batman when standing alone.

"Make it more dark & gritty" is just as much of a cheap tactic as "make it more of a joke." A better movie would find a balance.

As for the detective angle, I would like to see Batman lean that direction simply because it would force them into writing the movie better.

So Matt Reeves now says The Batman isn't going to part of the DC Extended Universe. What the heck?! Does this mean Affleck is out? I went from being really excited to really pissed!:facepalm

So Matt Reeves now says The Batman isn't going to part of the DC Extended Universe. What the heck?! Does this mean Affleck is out? I went from being really excited to really pissed!:facepalm

Matt Reeves or not, Warner have all the rights !
Ben Affleck is considered too old to play Batman. They want someone younger.
They want to create a new universe.

I'm sad cause I love Ben Affleck and he was writing the script and he has been "fired" (his own project.....)

Matt Reeves or not, Warner have all the rights !
Ben Affleck is considered too old to play Batman. They want someone younger.
They want to create a new universe.

I'm sad cause I love Ben Affleck and he was writing the script and he has been "fired" (his own project.....)

all reports are that Affleck wants out and that WB want him.

Casey (Ben's brother) said (in gist, I hope) that Ben won't do the movie (or movies) after all!:confused He then recanted and said it was a joke. It's been known that the fan's pressures/comments are a huge burden for him (that's why he didn't want to direct any more Bat movies)...and if he feels that the fans are not easing the endless barrage of verbal vomit (better known as V2) he'll bail out of that franchise as fast as saying: "Holy crap Batman":behave

Affleck's been, hands down, the best Batman I've seen on the big screen - and I've seen them all. He's been almost universally lauded for his Batman performance - even if the movies have been less than stellar.

The train of thought on Affleck not wanting to continue as Batman seems to mostly revolve around the idea that the material he's been given to work with has been considered **** poor by many. There's also the idea that he wants to continue his career as a moviemaker making non-franchise, creative films (of which he has a mostly well received track record of) and avoid typecasting.

I was very excited about Affleck's solo Batman film especially now with Matt Reeves at the helm. I don't need a trilogy, one standalone story film with Affleck will suffice.

But I was wondering why distance the movie from the DCEU altogether. They can still make a prequel or sequel to the existing DC films with the focus on Batman during his prime years.

This whole rumor started brewing with Casey's remarks and now with the following statement by THR on their Joker and Harley Quinn Movie article from yesterday.

"Aug. 23, 6:40 p.m. An earlier version of this story stated that Matt Reeves' The Batman was part of Warner Bros.' new label and would star a new actor as Batman, but it is unclear where that project will fall. "

WTF is happening at Warner Bros ? I thought they finally got their act maybe not together, but on the right way after Wonder Woman, but all news coming out at the moment are completely all over the place. Either the rumor mill is running wild with BS, or it's complete chaos in the WB offices with packs of execs green lighting stuff like they're actively trying to burn money.

Nothing about Affleck, but I am glad Matt Reeves has set the record straight about The Batman being part of the DCEU.

36383907550_6a50729d23_o.png

I'm pretty sure Affleck is out. We'll see, but The Batman started out as his project, and then he was in rehab, and then they hired Reeves, now he's not starring in the film, or writing the film, or directing the film.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back