The Batman

Re: New Batman Standalone Film

Affleck/Batman and Leto/Joker both exist just to have their big summer-tentpole showdown. It's obvious. The only question is how many movies will DC use to build each one up before they do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if planning for the next Batman-vs-Joker is what caused DC to fund Suicide Squad and BvS in the first place.

Last edited:

i want red hood story line nothing else just a hard hitting story about Jaso Todd Joker would be needed but not too much and we could be introduced to black mask and maybe a few other charecters all running scared from the new crime boss

Yep under the red hood would be an amazing movie to adapt. However I think it may be an arkham asylum sorta thing where leto's joker has joe mangenello's deathstroke and maybe black mask and a few other characters, harley, bane, maybe mad hatter to lead ol' bats to a final showdown on the docks or heck even arkham itself!

I would adore this movie.
So much.... lol
#Fanboying:)

Leto should never be let near any DC characters. He sucks not just as an actor but as a person. What a d@#$he!

I honestly can't say I've ever seen anything else he has been in. Before Suicide Squad I didn't know him from Adam. I didn't have a problem with his Joker.

I usually just try to not let an actor's personal life or politics get in my way of deciding if I like them in a role or not--and that is REALLY hard with Tom Cruise. I personally know someone whose life was just wrecked by that Scientology crap, so maybe I'm jaded, but I will never watch another Tom Cruise movie.

Yea , I think it was all the stuff Leto pulled during filming that cinched it with me. I already didn't like the look of him as the Joker. Of course I like the tall skinny comic Joker, ;-) I was pleasantly surprised by Heath Ledgers take on him. I mean how can you not like all the great lines. I wasn't expecting to like it at all. Leto is a whole different level of suck. He looks horrible and acts even worse. That line " if you weren't so crazy I'd think you were insane " , what ! Oh well everybody has different tastes. Its just an opinion. And we know what they say about those ;-)
Cheers,

Joe

P.S. To me this is the Joker !

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/50806302016834135/

If I had any control over DC, I'd have The Batman open with Leto's Joker very unceremoniously killed off by the REAL Joker... played by David Harbour.

The sheriff from Stranger Things, you say?
Ok, ok. Hear me out.

A friend posted this comparison and I absolutely agree.. the dude NAILS the look of the Alex Ross Joker. He is big enough to go hand to hand with Batman, is a fantastic ACTOR, and has a great voice. My biggest problem with the Leto Joker.. a side from horrible acting.. is he is a toothpick. Ben Affleck's Batman literally kills people by punching them through floors. Leto's Joker better get on some Bane level roids if he intends to get anywhere near Batfleck.

David would have a much more intimidating and realistic presence.. at least I think so anyways. I wonder how well he can play crazy.
IMG_4099.JPG

Wasn't Ross's Joker just a version of the Nicholson joker? But yeah, if you're going that route I could see this guy doing it, maybe.

That's some of the problem with these comic book characters. There have already been so many incarnations of them, you could never please everyone.

I think it's for the best, given that directing and acting are both full time jobs, and I don't think you can do both at 100%. Especially not on a big film like this.... But it all depends on who they choose now.

Part of the reason WB really went after Affleck to cast him as Batman was to also get him as a director, so much for that :facepalm Both Flash and Batman are going through a lot of preproduction issues, wouldn't be surprised if both films turned out weak. This kinda smells like Affleck is trying to distance himself from a potential trainwreck. I'd love to be wrong but it's not like the DCEU's track record is encouraging. I do think part of the reason Affleck is stepping off the director chair is because he's feeling a lot of pressure trying to follow up Nolan's trilogy and was trying to make the script as great as he can. But the studio simply can't wait any longer which I think is a huge mistake, not that WB hasn't got plenty of those already with their DCEU. Heck it's likely Batman will probably get postponed regardless since a new director will want some rewrites. I don't even think WB will fill in that 2018 slot with a DCEU film at this point.

Ben is, at heart, a regular comic book fan and a bigger Batman fan. I'd expect his statements on this protect to be more colloquial, but the way he parsed his words feels carefully scripted. I honestly think there were creative differences and Ben simply stated he couldn't direct under these circumstances.

Most definitely is scripted. The question is why ?
Either it's because he really meant what said, that he wants to focus on the acting while he's on set, while still having his producer and screenwriter titles. So essentially he wants a director to take care of the technical duties of a director on set.
But he and WB knew that the slightest breeze of rumour, or ill-formulated statement would send the internet in a frenzy, so they tried to craft it so it minimises backlash (which is happening anyway).
Or, the other reason might be that there's indeed something fishy going on behind the scenes. Both are possible, time will tell what it really was ...

Clovefield Matt Reeves will direct "The Batman". Affleck is still Batman and a producer on the picture. Good choice I say!

Capture.PNG

We are in a strange world now where the slightest wobble in pre-production is scaled up to apocalyptic proportions. Mental. We know/see too much to do with the behind the scenes "magic" of cinema now I think? MCU hasn't escaped this sort of stuff either, though as the timeline progresses, anyone building a Cinematic Universe of any kind of popularity is going to face unparalleled amounts of scrutiny and criticism by fans/"news" outlets and bloggers.

But, glad Matt is onboard. Thoroughly enjoyed both Apes movies, his directing holds up against some big names out there. Looking forward to War, and seeing what he does with "The Batman". :thumbsup

Also Nightwing movie. SICK!

Fingers crossed. I have been longing for a film to show how great of a detective Batman can be.

As much as some won't like this I think Batman has suffered the same problem James Bond did before the newer films: Too many gadgets and he veered into the dark and gritty that Frank Miller created so we wound up with a costumed Rambo.....

I don't think Batman shouldn't have gadgets but less action movie and more CSI,he can fight but he should spend more time digging into clues and playing head games with people.

We'll see what happens.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back