Arkham Knight Red Hood

BSD

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I Was waiting for the game to come out before I started this model. I got some amazing reference images from the game. I wanted this to be a epic build. I am also hoping I will be able to make the helmet see through as well as red and mirrored. I have done some testing and I feel this is possible. Since one can not cast a Clear resin from a mold the helmet will have to be vacuum formed. Here is what I have so far.

11731662_1031321160213045_385313440528290238_o.jpg

11144958_1031325050212656_6169362247800403301_o.jpg

11709866_1031284676883360_4854732977986553301_o.jpg

11415594_1031284686883359_5465333605680862791_o.jpg

Thanks and the helmet looks fantastic and I like how to design isn't do dissimilar from the Arkham Knight's helmet.

Looks amazing.
Why do you say you can't cast a clear resin in a mold though? I've done it lots of times (granted, my arms were pretty worn out by the time I was done slushcasting it, but still... haha)

Looks amazing.
Why do you say you can't cast a clear resin in a mold though? I've done it lots of times (granted, my arms were pretty worn out by the time I was done slushcasting it, but still... haha)
What resin did you use? The smooth on guy tolld me it would not be see through. To cast it in silicone would be amazing if I can!

Ive used CrystalCast (9017 I think?) with urethane dye before, it's completely clear. Also Protocast 100, but it's slightly yellow and not quite as clear. Though as thin as you'd be pouring it, clarity and color shouldn't be an issue. Both are by Industrial Polymers.

What resin did you use? The smooth on guy tolld me it would not be see through. To cast it in silicone would be amazing if I can!

Ive used CrystalCast (9017 I think?) with urethane dye before, it's completely clear. Also Protocast 100, but it's slightly yellow and not quite as clear. Though as thin as you'd be pouring it, clarity and color shouldn't be an issue. Both are by Industrial Polymers.

I will give that a shot if my Vacuum forming doesnt do the job. Thank you very much for the tip!

Nicely done. There's an illusion in the first few pics. Looks like it could tilt it back to where the chin covers the nose, and the holes in the cheeks are the eyes.

Soooo... are you going to build arkham knight mask off of this eventually? :popcorn

Nicely done. There's an illusion in the first few pics. Looks like it could tilt it back to where the chin covers the nose, and the holes in the cheeks are the eyes.

Soooo... are you going to build arkham knight mask off of this eventually? :popcorn

Thank you. I might be making that mask. I have thought about it but i have seen a few others already making it. It is still a possibility.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back