Batman Begins closet scene build

gregday

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm slowly, very, very slowly trying to do my own Batman Begins batsuit closet, and I'm using several of the Dullam-Causey photos for tips.

One of the photos shows this hanger:

http://dullam-causey.com/gallery/vi...DbG9zZXQvY2xvc2V0IHNjZW5lIHNob3VsZGVyLmpwZw==

Now if you look in the other photos, it's a very large hanger. The flat neck area on top takes up almost the entire width of the open neck in the suit. That looks like some sort of plush crushed velvet on it -- and that's no problem, I have the fabric. I'm just trying to nail down that exact hanger online and I can't find anything. I've searched for EVERYTHING I think, including specialty wetsuit hangers and mannequin shoulders.

Surely someone knows that exact hanger? Please don't tell me it's custom :confused

Why Don't you just E-mail Bob D...im sure he would answer your question...his and Bobby's E-mail address is on their site.

M.

Well I did, as I have done before. But he only replies to about 1/2 of my emails anyway (can't blame him, he's a very busy man). But I thought maybe someone here could ID it.

Or if he's reading this thread, tell us where it came from, please :)

Re: Dullam-Causey Begins Closet: Hanger?

yeah, Look them up on Myspace too...Bobby C. will often reply there...

M.

Got a reply back. Turns out the hanger is from an original suit. So there's very little hope of finding one JUST like it.

Just out of curiosity, are the drawer pulls easy to find?

The shelves look fabricated (and probably was in the film) but something similar may be available on the net somewhere.

I love a good inernet search! :love

At that first price I was coming up with over $400 for the pulls :confused I am wondering if it would be cheaper to buy one, mold it and cast the 38 pulls you would need.

Absolutely. Unless you plan on making functional drawers, there's no reason to spend that kind of cash-ola.

I decided to make my own. I used a large suit coat hanger and taped the bottom closer to the top, so it curves rather than has a triangle shape. Then I covered it with a layer of black crushed panne velvet.

100_2396.jpg

I think I've changed my plans a bit. I'm not going for a screen accurate Begins closet, but I am aiming for something similar.

I already had a cowl mount created from a paper towl holder, a wooden base, and a large soup ladel.

picture-32.jpg

Tonight I attached that hanger to my existing cowl mount. It wasn't a pleasant thing to do, but first I had to chop off the soup dipper top that I so painstakingly taped, cemented, and plasti-dipped into place months ago.

Then I drilled a hole into the top of the suit hanger and slid it down the steel pole. It goes down far enough that it completely conceals the silver knob.

100_2400.jpg

Ignore that grey gooped up hole in the back. That was from another idea that didn't work out.

Next, reattach the soup dipper top.

100_2399.jpg

There are a few more things that go on the dipper that I didn't photograph. First, there's a black felt bag that just adds a bit of size and friction, then on top of that is an oblong bowl that's perfectly sized and shaped to fill out the cowl and provide support through the skull cap area. On top of that bowl is another bag made from crushed velvet, matching the fabric on the suit hanger.

The final result is:

100B2412.jpg

Hopefully this week I'll be able to put the torso on that hanger. The cowl will hover about 10 inches above it, and most of the display fixture neatly fades into the background.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back