Solo: A Star Wars Story

You're a very confused person. I only introduced SWIQ to the RPF less than 9 months ago. You shouldn't make accusations if you can't get your facts straight. And if you can't provide evidence.

The Wook

Apologies if the timeline is wrong, maybe it wasn't you and I'm thinking of different posts. My memory ain't what it used to be... I can own that. That said, my point remains. You use SWIQ to talk down to people and dismiss their opinions. You do it on a nearly daily basis. You've done it in this very thread.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that there seems to be a "Mystery Disk" in place on the side of young Han's blaster in the new film. Here's pics of the action figure and a promo illustration. I know that's not a screen shot yet. But I would love if the prop department was meta enough to solve the Mystery!

g2.jpgg1.jpg

Anyone else notice that there seems to be a "Mystery Disk" in place on the side of young Han's blaster in the new film. Here's pics of the action figure and a promo illustration. I know that's not a screen shot yet. But I would love if the prop department was meta enough to solve the Mystery!

View attachment 795638View attachment 795639

I'm more of a lightsaber expert than a blaster one-- but I THINK this is the same DL-44 Han had in TFA. That one was meant to resemble the ANH version, but was off of course. There would be some chronological logic in them using the same hero prop.

Apologies if the timeline is wrong, maybe it wasn't you and I'm thinking of different posts. My memory ain't what it used to be... I can own that. That said, my point remains. You use SWIQ to talk down to people and dismiss their opinions. You do it on a nearly daily basis. You've done it on this very page.

This from someone who posts two rants about me for hating TLJ then admits after being called out for it that you hated the PT so much that you joined the internet just so you could rage against them and ruin them for everyone else. :facepalm

Apologies if the timeline is wrong, maybe it wasn't you and I'm thinking of different posts. My memory ain't what it used to be... I can own that. That said, my point remains. You use SWIQ to talk down to people and dismiss their opinions. You do it on a nearly daily basis. You've done it on this very page.

Since you've admitted to having a defective memory, let me tell you how and when I use SWIQ:

1) To praise a post. I might say, "That was a high-SWIQ observation.".
2) To rip non-members. I might say, "Rian Johnson is a low-SWIQ hack.".
3) To playfully take jabs at members. I might say, "Don't be a deadbeat low-SWIQ Dad. Give your kid the real Falcon.".
4) To non-playfully jab a member who drew first blood by attempting to belittle me and the concept of SWIQ.

What I do NOT do, is go around telling every member who I think makes a low-SWIQ comment that they have a low SWIQ. But even if I did--which I DON'T--how would that be any worse than delivering the same message without the use of SWIQ?

How is this...?

"You really think that Mamma joke exchange between Poe and Hux was funny, and befitting the seriousness of the moment, and befitting a Star Wars movie, in general? Wow, I'm sorry, but you lose a lot SWIQ points for that"."

any worse than this...?

"You really think that Mamma joke exchange between Poe and Hux was funny, and befitting the seriousness of the moment, and befitting a Star Wars movie, in general? Wow, I'm sorry, but you just don't get "Star Wars"."

The correct answer is, that neither is offensive.

The Wook

Last edited:

View attachment 795638View attachment 795639

Yes!
and the disk was present in TFA.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f3/TFAHanSoloBanner.jpg

It is also on the Evike AW custom airsoft DL-44.
https://www.evike.com/images/large/awcus-64312.jpg

The Black Series DL-44 also has the two mounting screws on the bottom of the bull barrel shroud just like the TFA blaster.

I can understand cost wise reusing the TFA prop but the TFA DL-44 is not the same as the ANH DL-44.

Edit: Unfortunately the Evike is a mash-up of TFA mystery disk and magazine, with ANH bull barrel, and a selector switch present on neither.

https://www.evike.com/images/large/awcus-64312-aux1.jpg

The DL-44 prop treads highlight even more differences.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=265343

Last edited:
Yup, but the Disc was missing in TFA ... Such a cool detail if they add it for the first time in Solo.

I went into full on nerd-meltdown realizing they used the wrong saber for Vader in Rogue One. If somebody on these movies starts paying attention to detail I'd be thrilled!

I stand corrected. *backs silently into bushes*

Yes!
and the disk was present in TFA.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f3/TFAHanSoloBanner.jpg

It is also on the Evike AW custom airsoft DL-44.
https://www.evike.com/images/large/awcus-64312.jpg

The Black Series DL-44 also has the two mounting screws on the bottom of the bull barrel shroud just like the TFA blaster.

I can understand cost wise reusing the TFA prop but the TFA DL-44 is not the same as the ANH DL-44.

Edit: Unfortunately the Evike is a mash-up of TFA mystery disk and magazine, with ANH bull barrel, and a selector switch present on neither.

https://www.evike.com/images/large/awcus-64312-aux1.jpg

The DL-44 prop treads highlight even more differences.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=265343

Nope, sorry Bryan. They invited him to set specifically to throw him under the bus after the movie comes out. That logic is 100% sound and level-headed. It's all an elaborate conspiracy. Also, Hoth is flat. The Death Star was an inside job. There was a second shooter in the Death Star throne room.

Disney knew about John Lasseter (Pixar) since the 90's. But we're all just finding out about it because of the effective denial machine. This is a financially interested corporation that has done some pretty harsh things to keep their profits up.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/disney-john-lasseter-harvey-weinstein-scandals-1202624219/

But the mere suggestion that George is brought back for some publicity is crazy conspiracy? How's that, Seth?

Do you actually believe that Disney is an open and honest business that would never manipulate the public into seeing a movie or buying a product?

Disney knew about John Lasseter (Pixar) since the 90's. But we're all just finding out about it because of the effective denial machine. This is a financially interested corporation that has done some pretty harsh things to keep their profits up.

It's a problem at literally every studio.

But the mere suggestion that George is brought back for some publicity is crazy conspiracy? How's that, Seth?

The theory of George being brought back for an afternoon and giving one note to the scene he saw being shot just so if it bombs they can blame it on him? Yes. That is absurd.

Conversely, I also don't buy that they are trumping his visit as some form of goodwill to make fans think all is well either. After the PT, Lucas is equally revered and hated among fandom, and Lucasfilm knows it. They'd do just as much damage as switching directors by saying IT WAS ALL GEORGE'S IDEA! Especially when all the press is clearly pointing to Kasdan and son as chief architects.

He mentored Ron Howard and started development on the movie before he sold-- why wouldn't he show up for a day to see what was up? That's all it is. Simple as that.

Do you actually believe that Disney is an open and honest business that would never manipulate the public into seeing a movie or buying a product?

Not for one second. But acknowledging they are just as shifty as every other big business or studio whose bottom line is their money doesn't mean I have to buy into some sort of ridiculous fanboy theory.

Six years and three films and nothing but tumble weeds and crickets from McDisney about George Lucas and then within two days he`s suddenly directing a small scene and thought of the SOLO movie, what a joke. I wish someone asked him from Disney Weekly how he feels about the name Star Wars being dropped from a movie title for the first time ever.

Ever since the Disney acquisition the amount of George Lucas revisionist history among fandom is truly staggering! Perhaps if fans had showered him with this much affection over the years he never would have left. Pubicly traded companies have a fiduciary responsibility to always act in the best interest of their shareholders, as such predicting their behavior is relatively simple.

If anyone takes issue with the Kasdan Solo story, feel free to call him a liar, that came from him not Lucasfilm.

I have always shown nothing but respect to George Lucas and it seems shareholders have a fiduciary responsibility to always act in the best interests of their company.

It's a problem at literally every studio.

The theory of George being brought back for an afternoon and giving one note to the scene he saw being shot just so if it bombs they can blame it on him? Yes. That is absurd.

Conversely, I also don't buy that they are trumping his visit as some form of goodwill to make fans think all is well either. After the PT, Lucas is equally revered and hated among fandom, and Lucasfilm knows it. They'd do just as much damage as switching directors by saying IT WAS ALL GEORGE'S IDEA! Especially when all the press is clearly pointing to Kasdan and son as chief architects.

He mentored Ron Howard and started development on the movie before he sold-- why wouldn't he show up for a day to see what was up? That's all it is. Simple as that.

Not for one second. But acknowledging they are just as shifty as every other big business or studio whose bottom line is their money doesn't mean I have to buy into some sort of ridiculous fanboy theory.

Oh, I don't think he's there to take the blame either. That should actually lie with LF, not GL. But they are obviously using this to get fans excited. People are reacting negatively to the Solo teaser and now they reveal a set visit from the man himself.

Lucas' credit has actually been extended due to TLJ. The PT are being viewed in a new light. IMO, they are cultivating goodwill before the actual full Solo trailer. GL set visit being revealed is a publicity stunt.

Did you know that on Youtube the Solo teaser has 194k likes, 24k dislikes? No TFA teaser or trailer comes close to 1 in 8 dislikes. Same for TLJ, which surprised me.

Oh, I don't think he's there to take the blame either. That should actually lie with LF, not GL. But they are obviously using this to get fans excited. People are reacting negatively to the Solo teaser and now they reveal a set visit from the man himself.

Lucas' credit has actually been extended due to TLJ. The PT are being viewed in a new light. IMO, they are cultivating goodwill before the actual full Solo trailer. GL set visit being revealed is a publicity stunt.

Did you know that on Youtube the Solo teaser has 194k likes, 24k dislikes? No TFA teaser or trailer comes close to 1 in 8 dislikes. Same for TLJ, which surprised me.

If it wasn't intended as a publicity stunt they definitely made it into one, no argument there. They say there's no such thing as bad news and honestly, Lucas is so polarizing to SW fans, whether you are thrilled or filled with dread that he was there, either way fandom is talking about it, and therefor the movie.

Total backside covering job from them. I`m sure that if its a total bomb they will be using his name to deflect, right at this minute they are using it to promote.

"Lando uses it not just to ferry goods, but as a floating party vessel. Sounds about right." So mirrored ceiling, revolving bed, etc.? :lol I like the idea, which people should know, that Han uses the ship's appearance as camouflage. No one is going to think your crappy looking ship can run with or outrun top of the line fighters.

Ever since the Disney acquisition the amount of George Lucas revisionist history among fandom is truly staggering! Perhaps if fans had showered him with this much affection over the years he never would have left. Pubicly traded companies have a fiduciary responsibility to always act in the best interest of their shareholders, as such predicting their behavior is relatively simple.

If anyone takes issue with the Kasdan Solo story, feel free to call him a liar, that came from him not Lucasfilm.

The people that hated the Prequels are fully to blame for Lucas leaving and Disney pitching his ideas for the Sequels into the trash. I can definitely see the flaws with the dialogue, but overall the story is what it was always rumored to be and I thought it worked. People just wanted to watch Anakin kicking space puppies and pulling the wings off of space bugs until they could watch him slaughter people like in Rogue One apparently. It's almost comical because he goes "Okay this is the story of what happened." and then a bunch of fans go "That's not what I thought was going to happen! You're wrong!"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back