Solo: A Star Wars Story

I really liked the quick bit between Alden and Amilia where she says she know’s what he is and he says,”What’s that?” The first word is delivered with a smirk and some cockiness but then it evaporated into some real vulnerability when he says ‘that’. I think that’s what we are going to see, a Han whose youth and confidence bellies his fears and insecurities.

Dude, totally. And the last bit, with the "I thought we were in trouble there for a second, but..." admittedly has me a bit tingly. Spoken with AT LEAST as much conviction as Ford's "Watch this" moment. But no comparisons here, I hope to just enjoy on merit.

I'm buying. All the way.

Good God I hate this already, why oh why do they put in rubbish like that clip where the Millennium bats the tie fighter into the rocks don't people realise just normal sequences work. The more real the better in fact.

Anyone have any thoughts on the blaster? Looks like traditional ANH style.

View attachment 792772

Yeah I have some thoughts on the blaster. That's the exact same world war I German Mauser inspired blaster that Han has in the original trilogy, same exact handle and shape. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome !!! gets me even more excited for May now :) :)
Still no signs of Fett though :p
and instead of a space slug we get an even bigger space kraken this time :) :)

Yeah they really need to show Boba Fett in at least one of the TV spots or future trailers for this movie. :D

I’m not referring to any particular person in this thread, but I really wish people would grow the **** up and stop whining about all the different ways AE is not Harrison Ford.

Don’t get me wrong - Harrison Ford’s Han Solo is iconic. In terms of characterization and charisma, he’s really really hard to beat. “Lightning in a bottle”, one might say. No argument there.

That having been said, we cannot go back in time and bring back a 25-year old Harrison Ford to play young Han Solo. We cannot clone a young Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford is 75 years old. Even if he were so inclined to play young Han Solo (and I would bet my life he would be 100% uninterested), I’m not sure even the de-aging wizards at Lola could make that work for 120 minutes, at least not without sending the already large budget into the stratosphere and doubling the film’s post-production time.

Accept that Harrison Ford will never be Han Solo again, and quit bitching about the hair, the voice, the face, etc. Whatever the whole truth is behind the “acting lessons”, I would much rather have a great Han Solo movie that nails the character, than some slavish devotion to creating a Harrison Ford facsimile.

Donald Glover looks nothing like a young Billie Dee but people seem willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It’s all about the character not the haircut.

No sir, I don't like it. I wanted to but I just feel 'meh'. Dialogue seemed cheesy and was delivered cheesy and this is the best they have to show us to hook us in? Like anything else I'll take a 'wait and see' approach.

Seeing the new images of the Falcon, does anyone think the longer nose is for increased speed and stability?

I know that normal aerodynamics has no place in the Star Wars universe.

I'm more than willing to give it a chance and keep my perspective in check with a grain of salt.

That said... They are actors. It's called acting. If AE cannot ACT like Han Solo (aka- the same way HF portrayed him), then he is NOT acting like Han. Then all this is, will be AE interpretation. And honestly, I find that completely nonsensical. These big ACTORS get paid big bucks to ACT. Not be themselves. Well, unfortunately that's exactly what a lot do get paid to do now. Just be you and put your spin on something. And we won't actually write the script until the day of.

Anyway, the only reason I bring that up is because nothing Han did in this trailer, felt like Han. And a trailer is supposed to peak our interest- not dissuade us from wanting to go see something.

These are cool.

Attachments

• EF78E8FD-5F20-40D0-A93D-807DB5658E2A.jpeg
    EF78E8FD-5F20-40D0-A93D-807DB5658E2A.jpeg
    750.5 KB · Views: 169
  • A28B549C-BB63-4ED2-AD04-B1A6232F3C00.jpeg
    A28B549C-BB63-4ED2-AD04-B1A6232F3C00.jpeg
    693.2 KB · Views: 148
  • E22F1FAC-ACA8-492F-BD22-7C4904B4F276.jpeg
    E22F1FAC-ACA8-492F-BD22-7C4904B4F276.jpeg
    774.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 059E1400-3BEA-4098-8CA2-B48C5FA25A1E.jpeg
    059E1400-3BEA-4098-8CA2-B48C5FA25A1E.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 149
Folks, it really is ok to just allow a Star Wars film to be simple fun. And it’s ok to sit back and enjoy the ride rather than burning calories hating something you haven’t seen yet. Give it a chance.

Amen. And don’t slam filmmakers and actors for how a studio’s marketing department splices together scenes and clips of dialogue (often, completely out of context) to put together a trailer.

I don't think they're too worried about emulating Harrison Ford. At least it doesn't seem the case to me. It seems like he's doing his own thing, playing the character his own way. Which is the way it has to be.

I liked the teaser, and this trailer well enough. But I really can't escape the feeling of "Hey, they made a movie about Han's kid brother. Cool."

No sir, I don't like it. I wanted to but I just feel 'meh'. Dialogue seemed cheesy and was delivered cheesy and this is the best they have to show us to hook us in? Like anything else I'll take a 'wait and see' approach.

Agreed, when are we going to get some of that great non-cheesy OT dialogue, like "laser brain" and "laugh it up fuzzball"?

That was cheesy too. Most everyone accepts the OT cheese for whatever reason. A New Hope is not my favorite SW film mostly because of the bad acting, bad dialogue and cheesy deliveries. If A New Hope came out today I'd probably say 'meh'.

I guess I wanted to watch that trailer and go "Oh cool!" But it didn't make me feel that way. Maybe I'm just jaded. I hope it does well and people like it but I have a feeling I just won't be into it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back