Solo: A Star Wars Story

Not sure what to make of this. It doesn't look great but it doesn't look terrible either.

I will stand by my assessment that Donald Glover's casting was spot on! He has that Billy Dee swagger and charm. That guy is so freakin talented!

This does look pretty damn good. There's an awkward moment there when AE says something but other than that the rest of the cast seem good.

Looks like a lot of fun from that trailer. Hoping this is good. You know what.....after The Last Jedi I think no matter what this will be a pleasant surprise.

The trailer was put together well (They managed to create a high energy montage), but the content feels off.

Maybe the most animated we've seen Chewy since esb.

I disagree about Glover. While his visual presence isn't bad, his delivery is as close to Lando's as AE's is to Han's.

The villain (?) Looks more mad max than Star Wars, and the wild west train thing doesn't fit...

I dunno, I'm skeptical. But I bet five bucks it's "well received" at the festival though.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I disagree about Glover. While his visual presence isn't bad, his delivery is as close to Lando's as AE's is to Han's.

Totally agree, I don’t want to judge his performance on 3 seconds of dialogue, but it felt off. I hope it works.

Loved seeing Chewie slam a dude.

And I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I hated the “I’ve got a good feeling about this” line.......

Thought this looked way better than the teaser that aired during the Super Bowl and I'm a lot more excited about the movie now. Looks like it could just be a really fun sci-fi adventure flick.

Also, it's nice to see Chewie actually given stuff to do rather than being the glorified extra we saw in TLJ. :thumbsup

Was ok, the look is first class but the fact that AE exudes none of the qualities that Ford gave the character is a big problem for me, Glover is going to steal it. If the theme of "Have a good feeling about this" and "Push it" is throughout the whole film then it will be a big mistake but time will tell. Still have no intention to run out and see it in the first couple of weeks.

Thought a lot of the trailer looked bad, BUUUT.... Donald Glover Landon flying the pristine falcon is the movie I wanted, so I guess I got it.

And i looooved all the falcon and Lando stuff.

Hmmmm. Liked a great deal of this , if it didn't exactly have the snap and click of the teaser.

I'm passed worrying about AE as "Kit Solo" , there were better choices but there may have also been worse ,we'll wait and see. The robot sounded a bit too much like Phasma, and some of the dialogue was very ropey, but Chewie and Lando were way better than I'd hoped and the visuals (as expected) were wonderful and well in line with the same kind of R1 and OT vibe which was absolutely great.

There definitely look to be three distinct acts, Han as a cadet where it looks like Emilia leads him astray and thus presumably booted out of the Imperials, then the formation of the Firefly gang, whoops , I meant SW train heist team that looks like it goes horribly wrong (Emilia again?????)and then the third ,which is likely the Kessel run, where I'm guessing all the Wookies are rescued (and the Falcon starts to get very dirty, inside and out with the dozens of mucky Wookies crammed into her ). Anybody want to gamble who will be in the MF nose cone when it gets blown off ?

Overall a great deal to like if not unconditionally love, it looks fun and way better than I had hoped. Again I'm reminded of the R1 "disaster" predictions that proved to be mostly baseless and inaccurate. This is going to be far better and stronger than many of us might have anticipated, despite the worries over AE, the rest of the cast and story may admirably shoulder the bulk of the movie ( though memories of how wrong I was about TLJ still haunt me).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back