Solo: A Star Wars Story

Ford is not interested in the history of movies/cinema. Agents are sending script, he finds one that interest him and does it. That's it, that's all. All he wants to do is fly and putter around his ranch with the horses;)

You mean he's not interested in telling us serfs what to do, what to buy, and how to live? He is avoiding his extremely important role for the most intelligent of us all, actors? The nerve of that man!

I think in this movie's case, Lucas stopped by because he's been friends with Ron Howard for 45 years, at least. I wouldn't be surprised if any SW set would welcome his visit just because he's the creator of it all. I would hope that they would be asking him questions like "Would Luke do something like this?" you know, the stuff Rian Johnson didn't ask...

And this is where SOLO will be buried when the movie flops. (Although, I'm sure it will do fine.)

screen-shot-2018-02-14-at-5-11-20-am.png

You know, it just struck me that if TLJ was "successful" on the grounds of "It doesn't matter if it felt like Star Wars; it amused me" (even by some Star Wars fans), then I have to believe that by that measure, SOLO could have a huge potential upside.

I like that Falcon, that might be under the tree in Jan. for my son. He doesn’t have one and is starting to get into the bigger toys like the R1 Walker.

In an attempt to re-rail things after I derailed them (sorry)... I found this image to demonstrate was saying about the Y-Wing in TCW vs the OT.
y-wingcomparison_zpsb614456d.jpg

Like fenders on a car-- I recall Lucas giving the direction in ANH that the Y-wings should be like hot rods missing their hoods-- that Rebel engineers make modifications and repairs so often, they never bothered putting the body panels back on. I don't think TCW design was thought of back then-- but that was the genesis of how they decided to portray the ship.

It makes sense to me that Han would basically do the same thing given all the tweaks and hot-wiring he does to the Falcon.

It was well over a year and a half ago and I have no idea what thread it was. I don't need to go searching for it when every other post you make is essentially the same thing. Just scroll up on this page.

You're a very confused person. I only introduced SWIQ to the RPF less than 9 months ago. You shouldn't make accusations if you can't get your facts straight. And if you can't provide evidence.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back