Solo: A Star Wars Story

Or we defeated NAZI Germany and Imperial Japan and that was the end of those evil entities forever.

Yes, the Allied forces defeated fascism and while the horrid idea remains as a fringe today. The remnants of that evil are not relevant for discussion.

But, the Axis never controlled the world as the Empire controlled the galaxy. The old Republic was wiped out and replaced by the Empire.
To find a similar example, please consider a micro example from the aftermath from WW2.

The Wiemar Republic was replaced by Nazi German. Nazi German was then defeated by the Allies.
Life in West Germany immediately after the war was not good. Things for West Berlin were bad and even worse for Eastern Germany.
Western Germany didn't recover until the 1960 and Eastern Germany never really did until after reunification.

I agree that the characters from Star Wars and veterans in general deserve a peaceful and happy life after surviving a conflict. When Star Wars is viewed with a basis of reality and not fantasy, reality doesn't like to conform to modern mythology of happy endings.

For those that are more literally inclined, please assist, but I don't think there ever was a happy ending in any Shakespearean or Grecian story.
Let us even consider the likes of King Arthur, magical sword, adulterous queen, ******* son with your half sister. That is just grim.

Plus happy and bright worlds in Star Wars only exist in the prequels.
Alderaan may have been as nice as Naboo but we will never know if restricted to the OT. From the OT, we see that nice things don't last long in the Star Wars universe.

Bespin didn't last long either and that is assuming it is pleasant for all.... Which requires ignoring the Marvel comic when ugnaughts felt subjugated, sabotaged Lobot and Cloud City was abandoned.

I wish I could reset my Star Wars clock to 1977. The same way I ignore Crystal Skull but I can't.

I do know, that I too want a story far away from the Brady Bunch in Space that is the Skywalkers.

I always thought the cuban missile crisis was the closest we got to nukes flying?
We had more public safety films about what to do in the event of a nuclear attack back then.
They eased off in the eighties and became more the subjects of various pop culture references.

Last edited:
Its really crazy how threads evolve and are allowed to go so off topic here. I really dont get why there is a treatise on the Cold War going on in the middle of a Star Wars movie thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

The Russian guy at the bunker just died recently - I read about him. Crazy story!

There’s a lot like this, tense times man.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't think of any right off bat, but it might be this one where the sun was shining on the Russian satellite and gave it false readings. The guy didn't call it in because it was like two or three missiles and he knew we wouldn't launch that few. There was another involving a Russian submarine where they lost contact and the captain didn't launch his missiles. I don't recall anything like that on the U.S. side. We did have a possible UFO shut down all the missiles in Montana in 1967 (I think that's the year).

It will be revealed that Chewie was born completely bald in this film, making him an outcast amongst his people. He meets Han in High School and they become great friends. Han will help him on his quest to obtain that luxurious fur he has in the OT. It’s really the origin story of Chewie’s fur :) Oh, we’ll also find out where he bought that cool bandolier as well. Got to tie up all the loose ends.

It will be revealed that Chewie was born completely bald in this film, making him an outcast amongst his people. He meets Han in High School and they become great friends. Han will help him on his quest to obtain that luxurious fur he has in the OT. It’s really the origin story of Chewie’s fur :) Oh, we’ll also find out where he bought that cool bandolier as well. Got to tie up all the loose ends.

Maybe we'll find out Chewie's fur is a full body toupee.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back