Solo: A Star Wars Story

Don't know if it's been brought up, but I wonder if the Mouse would try to get Ford to 'bookend' the movie, as a way to bring in some that have no interest in act other portrayal of the character?

I could imagine a trailer beginning with his voice, explaining the story he was about to tell. That might get a few more butts in seats.

That's what I meant.

There was an episode of Young Indiana Jones that had Ford playing an old Indy. He was on the run, trapped in a cabin, so he told this story in a flashback, then it ended with him beating the guys chasing him.

A cheesy plot device, but it worked.

Usagi, it's funny you mention this, because when You wrote "I don't know if it's been brought up" I immediately thought “well, I know it’s been brought up 4 or 5 times between myself and several of my friends over coffee during the last few weeks!” LOL
I even referenced the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episode “Mystery of The Blues” when doing it, to make my case, too (great -or twisted- minds think alike, buddy!) ;)

Frankly I love the idea if it’s done well -Especially if the Also use Billy Dee and Chewie and clearly bring across the idea of ‘this conversation takes place before the events in TFA’

(I should add that a few of my friends think I’m partly stoked on this idea just because it’ll mean I’ll have yet another HS outfit I can put together if Han’s wearing some different gear in the bookends … and they’re a little bit right, too LOL)

Now, do I think this is the kind of thing Ford would jump at? Not especially, no…
but if they pitch it to him as a “Hey Harrison, what would you say to us making a 30 million dollar donation to (for instance) Conservation International in exchange for 1 day’s work from You and NO obligation to do promotion?”-type thing… then… well, you never know ;)

Just like you said, it would definitely put some butts in seats (and to paraphrase what Mr. Webber wrote, it would definitely be Mouse Money well-spent and create some traction where they’d desperately like to have some)

Oh, and by the way, GOOD job on that, Galactican! I know a good 50% of that was a kinda BS played-for-laughs type thing, but I’m not gonna lie: That whole exchange totally put me in the mood to see this whole Han-Chewie-Lando scene really happen

You never know, I guess (and stranger things have definitely Already happened on this odd little movie-making journey)

Usagi, it's funny you mention this, because when You wrote "I don't know if it's been brought up" I immediately thought “well, I know it’s been brought up 4 or 5 times between myself and several of my friends over coffee during the last few weeks!” LOL
I even referenced the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episode “Mystery of The Blues” when doing it, to make my case, too (great -or twisted- minds think alike, buddy!) ;)

Frankly I love the idea if it’s done well -Especially if the Also use Billy Dee and Chewie and clearly bring across the idea of ‘this conversation takes place before the events in TFA’

(I should add that a few of my friends think I’m partly stoked on this idea just because it’ll mean I’ll have yet another HS outfit I can put together if Han’s wearing some different gear in the bookends … and they’re a little bit right, too LOL)

Now, do I think this is the kind of thing Ford would jump at? Not especially, no…
but if they pitch it to him as a “Hey Harrison, what would you say to us making a 30 million dollar donation to (for instance) Conservation International in exchange for 1 day’s work from You and NO obligation to do promotion?”-type thing… then… well, you never know ;)

Just like you said, it would definitely put some butts in seats (and to paraphrase what Mr. Webber wrote, it would definitely be Mouse Money well-spent and create some traction where they’d desperately like to have some)

Oh, and by the way, GOOD job on that, Galactican! I know a good 50% of that was a kinda BS played-for-laughs type thing, but I’m not gonna lie: That whole exchange totally put me in the mood to see this whole Han-Chewie-Lando scene really happen

You never know, I guess (and stranger things have definitely Already happened on this odd little movie-making journey)

Yeah...I just had this vision of the three of them sitting around, with Han & Lando arguing about the details of a story, be it either the Kessel Run, or the 'winning' of the Falcon. Then Chewie starts the flashback with what really happened. It could play into the comedy vibe most tend to think this movie's going for.

It'd serve two purposes I believe-

We'd catch up with Lando, finally.

Those that were left upset by Han's death in TFA, could get one last upbeat moment with the character.

I'm honestly going to be incredibly disappointed if none of these things happen now. I've fan fictioned myself out of enjoying this thing.

Yep... I'm gonna be bummed now, Too! LOL
Dangit, Usagi! (*shakes his fist*) What have you done?!

yeah, seriously though... it really is too bad that we (so far) haven't had once last little 'Galactic Bros' moment with Han, Chewie and Lando...
ah well

Official synopsis from LFL: http://www.starwars.com/news/official-synopsis-for-solo-a-star-wars-story-revealed

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

Official synopsis from LFL: http://www.starwars.com/news/official-synopsis-for-solo-a-star-wars-story-revealed

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

Wow. I`m starting to think this will not even make it to the theatres and kick off their streaming service after all. I give that streaming service 6 months before closure after debut.;)

That synopsis should have me so excited. A Han Solo film... how on earth did they mess everything up this badly!?
Every decision seems wrong. Everything released, every rumor, it just adds to my feelings that this will be atrocious.

Set it aside. Streaming service... don't **** up the Obi-Wan film..

As I said in the Kenobi thread, we will probably see the Salacious Crumb movie before Obi Wan. Seems like Disney baulk at having to pay established, credible actors for their work.

That synopsis should have me so excited. A Han Solo film... how on earth did they mess everything up this badly!?
Every decision seems wrong. Everything released, every rumor, it just adds to my feelings that this will be atrocious.
The description just makes it sound all soooo... generic. Like, there were a checklist of things that they wanted to see from a Han Solo movie, and they built the movie around that. It's so predictable, it's disgusting. I mean, who here didn't think we'd see how Han meets Chewie, how Lando and Han met, how Han got the Millennium Falcon and made the Kessel run. It's all a checklist of predictability.

For those that didn't click the link for the official synopsis, here's the entirety of the text from StarWars.com page (before they take it down for failure to pay their bills)...

Here’s where the fun begins.

The official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story was revealed today, offering some new details on the upcoming film. Read it below:

While not much else is known about the film, director Ron Howard has documented his experience making Solo: A Star Wars Story on Twitter and Instagram throughout production — with everything from set photos to shots of his morning coffee. StarWars.com has compiled all of his updates in one post, which you can view here.

Solo: A Star Wars Story is slated for release on May 25, 2018.

all seriousness not being sarcastic, but do you think the trailer is actually done or they are still working on it?

all seriousness not being sarcastic, but do you think the trailer is actually done or they are still working on it?
I'm thinking there could be some elements that are part of the reshoot. Possibly.

After so many people complained about the myriad of scenes in the Rogue One trailer, that weren't in the final film, they could just be waiting till everything is filmed & assembled.

Or, as Bryan pointed out, they could just be waiting till Super Bowl Sunday.

I'm thinking there could be some elements that are part of the reshoot. Possibly.

After so many people complained about the myriad of scenes in the Rogue One trailer, that weren't in the final film, they could just be waiting till everything is filmed & assembled.

Or, as Bryan pointed out, they could just be waiting till Super Bowl Sunday.

i didnt think about that!

With a big budget film, it's pretty easy to make a good-looking trailer. Some of the worst movies ever have had good-looking trailers. This movie has an iconic logo (STAR WARS), an iconic ship, and an iconic wookiee to feature in its trailer. I strongly suspect the problem is Alden, and they know it. I think they're dreading the fan reaction the film's trailer, and the actor playing its eponymous character, will receive online. Particularly on the heels of the thrashing they're still getting over TLJ.

As I said in previous post in the OB1 thread, if Anthony Ingruber had been cast, we'd have seen a multitude of promotional shots, production stills, a teaser, and a trailer by now, And fans, myself included, would be salivating over this film.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back