Solo: A Star Wars Story

To be fair, I basically don't post outside of the Entertainment forum and the OT forum. I never really had the ability to build props myself. I've bought stuff, and came here in 1999 specifically looking to buy stuff, but then stuck around. I think it's perfectly legitimate to be a member of this community, even if you don't post stuff other than general discussion, unrelated to props. There's plenty I disagree with The Wook about on here, but I don't think he has any less right to be here than anyone else.

To be fair, I basically don't post outside of the Entertainment forum and the OT forum. I never really had the ability to build props myself. I've bought stuff, and came here in 1999 specifically looking to buy stuff, but then stuck around. I think it's perfectly legitimate to be a member of this community, even if you don't post stuff other than general discussion, unrelated to props. There's plenty I disagree with The Wook about on here, but I don't think he has any less right to be here than anyone else.

Word, Dano. :thumbsup

He's not bright enough to argue the merits and demerits of films with me, so he's resorted to claiming I don't belong here. I hope, for his sake, he realizes it only makes him look more foolish.

View attachment 819471

Not into props, never was. Came here to research how to build a Chewie costume 16 years ago. Accomplished that in a couple months, but stayed because of the OT forum, to discuss movies, a huge passion of mine--particularly Star Wars. But it ain't my fault movies suck nowadays--particularly Star Wars.

So suck on that, n00b.
I love it when you belittle “Noob” comments based on post count. Based on that logic my post have almost 2/3 more value then yours, which sounds about right.

If you adjust for inflation, The Last Jedi grossed $200 million less than The Phantom Menace, which pretty much everyone hated. Solo, aka the new woke-ified Star Wars, is projected to open at just $130 million this weekend, and this is a three-day weekend with Memorial Day. The high-end projection is $150 million. Can't wait to see where this film ends up at the end of the two week mark.

The opening crawl is hillarious....
Opening Crawl.jpg

If you adjust for inflation, The Last Jedi grossed $200 million less than The Phantom Menace, which pretty much everyone hated. Solo, aka the new woke-ified Star Wars, is projected to open at just $130 million this weekend, and this is a three-day weekend with Memorial Day. The high-end projection is $150 million. Can't wait to see where this film ends up at the end of the two week mark.

TPM is an outlier in that the pre-hype was insane. It seems hard to imagine now, but at the time the fact there was going to be a NEW Star Wars movie was mind-boggling. The cross-over appeal was at a level that could never be reached again, the marketing machine had been in full swing. It was probably one of the most anticipated movies of all time.

Finally this thread is worth reading again. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of us have been here close to 20 years now.
We got what we came here for a long time ago.
We stick around because this is the best damn community on the interwebz.
If you don't like us, you're free to find a forum more to your liking.

I'm here because I like props and costumes. I like building props and costumes, and I like seeing the props and costumes other people build. If I didn't like those things I wouldn't be here. I'd be off on some other other forum that is more focused on Star Wars, or Indiana Jones, or Jurassic Park, or any of the other movies I enjoy. They exist an masse, and I am in fact a member at some of those other forums to discuss those things. I certainly wouldn't stick around just to bemoan everything that comes my way and belittle everyone who likes it. Unfortunately, not everybody at those forums are as interested in the props and costumes as they are here.

Last edited:
I'm here because I like props and costumes. I like building props and costumes, and I like seeing the props and costumes other people build. If I didn't like those things I wouldn't be here. I'd be off on some other other forum that is more focused on Star Wars, or Indiana Jones, or Jurassic Park, or any of the other movies I enjoy. They exist an masse. And I certainly wouldn't stick around just to bemoan everything that comes my way and belittle everyone who likes it.

You're witnessing a minor rift in the community, brought about by Disney's (mis)treatment of Star Wars.
It happened before, back in '02-'03, when you were but a wee lad, over GL's treatment of the prequels.
A little RPF civil war, if you will. OT purists versus... well, everybody else.
We survived the war of '03, we'll survive this one.
The trick is to not take it personally.
We're taking shots at Disney/LFL/RJ/KK.
You're only gonna take fire if you stand between us and our target.

To each their own. I'm going to continue to enjoy the RPF my way, you can enjoy it your way. I don't take thing personally, and typically try not to make things personal in a discussion. Unfortunately, certain members make that extraordinarily difficult. You can take as many shots as you like. Just don't expect me not to stand up for what I believe in with as much heart as you have.

Really? Because I've seen people called racist, retarded, told they have low IQs, ridiculed, and downright humiliated for defending these movies. But that's not belittling at all. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back