Solo: A Star Wars Story

Maybe a better casting choice...
Solo-casting choice.png

I love taking my kids the Marvel and Star Wars movies, we always have a great time and it's become a family tradition.

We will be going Thursday night after school!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a better track record of my subjective opinion becomeing fact. ;)

:lol:thumbsup Okay, this made me laugh which alone is worth a like and thumbs up.
I can't tell if this is just Ron Howard saying good things about his own film (unreliable opinion) or Harrison Ford loving the character when it finally isn't played by him (also doesn't really say much to the quality of the movie). Your right. We'll see how it plays out with the fans.

:lol:thumbsup Okay, this made me laugh which alone is worth a like and thumbs up.
I can't tell if this is just Ron Howard saying good things about his own film (unreliable opinion) or Harrison Ford loving the character when it finally isn't played by him (also doesn't really say much to the quality of the movie). Your right. We'll see how it plays out with the fans.

You know what, honestly, I can see where Ford would find Alden very charming and enjoying his performance. You kind of get the impression Ford had ideas for Solo that George didn't like, especially regarding ROTJ. Maybe he looked at Alden bringing something new to the character that he found appealing. Still total speculation. :)

No matter how bad it may be, it will never drop lower than the 4th worst movie in Star Wars. It will always be better than,

1. The Star War Holiday Special.

2. An Ewok Adventure.

3. Ewoks, The Battle For Endor.

Yeah, it will not be worse than them, I mean Bea Arthur and Art Carney in a Star Wars bar with an alien pouring beer into the top of his head!!!!!!!

Let's be honest about Ford's comments on this film. Ford did Force Awakens, Blade Runner 2049, and now Indy 5 so he could have more planes to crash.

But seriously, he likes his planes and planes aren't cheap. He knows how to make easy money to do his hobby, and that's fine as long as he keeps the quality going
One thing to say for Ford is that whether he likes the role or not, he gives his 100% every time.

I agree. I don't think they're going to reshoot 80% of any more movies - that gets really expensive.

A studio with the resources Disney has available will always spend whatever is necessary to make the film they want to release even at the cost of margins. Happened with Rogue One and will undoubtably happen in the future. All these films are hugely profitable ventures. A $250M cost that grosses $700 is an excellent return and doesn’t include all the ancillary revenue.

Yeah, I expect this will be their least profitable film yet by a wide margin, and will prompt a shift in how things are handled going forward.

One can only hope they finally get the message.

Here`s a tip for the next head of Lucasfilm whoever he or she is. Get control of your publicity department. In network television here, the most powerful department is publicity. Using personal Twitter accounts etc discussing company related issues is a big no no and its easy to see why with whats been happening at Lucasfilm since Johnson kicked things off.

One can only hope they finally get the message.

Here`s a tip for the next head of Lucasfilm whoever he or she is. Get control of your publicity department. In network television here, the most powerful department is publicity. Using personal Twitter accounts etc discussing company related issues is a big no no and its easy to see why with whats been happening at Lucasfilm since Johnson kicked things off.

I told me dad about it yesterday. He thought those commercials were for a video game or something. He had NO idea they were making this movie

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back