Solo: A Star Wars Story

32605923_10216726073608497_596081739164549120_o.jpg

Alden's looking pretty tough in this photo with Chewie... though his hair is getting a bit long to look like Han.

Chaka - friend to Will, Holly and Marshall; enemy of the Sleestak, while loyal...comes off as annoying and just a doofus. The Solo Wookie, just gives me a Chewbacca-Lite/Chaka vibe from the clips I've seen, and you know what I just realized?! He's smaller than the original actor who played our beloved hero, Chewbacca as well. Dammit Disney! Damn you all to hell!

:lol

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what you're saying, but don't the new Star Trek movies deal with alternate time lines? I've never been a Star Trek fan, so forgive my ignorance. I always thought the new movies were an alternate reality and Pine's Kirk wasn't ever supposed to reflect Shatner's because he's on a different path. Which also gives them an opportunity to go forward in a new direction without fans being hellbent because the new Kirk's future is unknown. That's not the case with Solo, as far as I can tell.

Yes sir. You are correct. I was never the biggest fan of the idea that it was an alternate timeline in Trek, but I really enjoyed the first JJ Trek film, so I forgave all the stuff that bothered me about it.

With Solo, I do find myself not enjoying the trailers for many reasons, and the clips they have released I've only enjoyed the sabbac clip, as I said, entirely because of Glover's performance. I'm willing to give Alden a chance, I am also willing to express my dislike if I feel the film is bad. :)

I think some people will go watch this movie JUST to post how miserable they are in the post release thread.

I doubt that. And if you're referring to me, you couldn't be more wrong. After I saw TLJ on opening day, I walked out of the theater crestfallen--disgusted by what I'd just witnessed. I took no glee in ripping the film--and it was, in fact, weeks before I could even shake the depression enough to post my grave disappointments in the film, here on the RPF. Hell, I *still* haven't been able to muster a full review on the film, it depresses me so.

In all likelihood I will post my opinion on Solo much more quickly. But that's because I've been burned so many times by Disney's SWINO films (Star Wars In Name Only), that this time, I will not be shocked if the film blows. Especially because all the evidence I'm privy to at this point strongly suggests it will. Or, at least, that Alden will not sell me that he's a young Han. The movie might have other merits, we'll see. But as I've been saying since Disney announced this project years ago, the film will sink or swim for me based strictly on whether or not the guy they get to play Han makes me believe he's a young Han. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not optimistic.

The Wook

According to io9, Kasdan wants Bossk in the sequel, if there is one.

Where do I buy tickets in bulk? I NEED this movie to have a sequel now. I NEED BOSSK.

I doubt that. And if you're referring to me, you couldn't be more wrong. After I saw TLJ on opening day, I walked out of the theater crestfallen--disgusted by what I'd just witnessed. I took no glee in ripping the film--and it was, in fact, weeks before I could even shake the depression enough to post my grave disappointments in the film, here on the RPF. Hell, I *still* haven't been able to muster a full review on the film, it depresses me so.

In all likelihood I will post my opinion on Solo much more quickly. But that's because I've been burned so many times by Disney's SWINO films (Star Wars In Name Only), that this time, I will not be shocked if the film blows. Especially because all the evidence I'm privy to at this point strongly suggests it will. Or, at least, that Alden will not sell me that he's a young Han. The movie might have other merits, we'll see. But as I've been saying since Disney announced this project years ago, the film will sink or swim for me based strictly on whether or not the guy they get to play Han makes me believe he's a young Han. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not optimistic.

The Wook

Maybe some people can try to get the mods to shut those people down, its been tried before you know, rather poorly I might add. ;)

I am actually looking forward to that movie. Heck, there is not much in the world of movies that I am really looking forward to, these days. And I once LIVED for movies.

SOLO is, to me, not more than what a Star Wars Comic book was before the ST, a welcome and fun addition to the universe that I did not take too seriously. And that is what I will take with me when I walk into the theater. And I am curious what I will take with me once I leave the theater.

According to io9, Kasdan wants Bossk in the sequel, if there is one.

Where do I buy tickets in bulk? I NEED this movie to have a sequel now. I NEED BOSSK.

Speaking of a sequel,
I've actually been thinking frankly to just skip this one and wait if a sequel is more want I want. If they make one.
How Han met Chewie, Kessel runs, crusty mentors, flying school,, speeder races/chases, first job space heist team member- oof, what else? is the girl going to be his first big romance or something?
Ugh. It's really TMI and all too early in the characters life for me as I've previously over-ranted about. LOL
I simply may be better off with not all that in my head.
Where as a sequel maybe this guy will grow a few more chest hairs by then and it will move into the fully developed pre-SW77 Solo character
which IS what I want. Solo was the grizzled jaded veteran in SW77, this one really is Disney coming of age tale from what I'm seeing.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back