Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Awesome news. An all-scoundrel SW film is what the anthology films were meant for.

Done properly, I love the idea of an action comedy about young Han.

I'm predicting it will be a retconned Chewie Life-Debt origin story.

Who'd have thought ten years ago that we'd get all these movies?

This is now scheduled for May 2018 release.

Here is Chris Miller's recent tweet confirming the news.

19498777922_788215ea06_o.png

Oh man. I had really hoped we wouldn't get a young Han Solo movie. I'm not encouraged by their choice of director(s) either but at least Kasdan is involved, I guess...

Yes! Phil Lord and Chris Miller are definitely known more for their comedy... but man, these guys are talented, and I totally buy them pulling this off. With Kasdan writing... and two guys who are excellent film makers... I am now IN on a movie I had NO interest in seeing getting made.

Last edited:

His Ford is just OK, but hey... Anthon was actually IN a movie with Ford!

And... his 3 Joker impressions are spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did anybody see that life of adeline or whatever it's called movie with Ingruber ? Was he good ? Because yeah he looks like Ford, but I'd rather have a talented actor that looks less like Ford than a sosie with mediocre acting skills. Pratt might be too old already no ? He's the age Ford was during the OT, if it's a prequel I imagine they will go younger. I've seen the name of Taron Egerton, Eggsy from Kingsman, online but it was fan casting mostly I think.

Remember Superman Returns? I heard something like Routh wasn't acting in the film, it was a Reeve impersonation and not his own work and felt awkward about it. Might be the same here of they choose someone who can impersonate him good. I can do a few poses and voices like Ford, but to be cast as that character would mean to impersonate the previous actor and not a full ownership of the role

I just gotta think Pratt is too old.this film likely will have to be before ANH and a late teen, early 20 Solo would be a great option.

Yeah, that may be the case. I was just thinking it would be funny if he got Indy and Han.....

I hope they go with a 20's Solo, I really don't want to see angsty teen Han.

Separately....was all the stuff with Han in the Imperial Academy thrown out with the EU? Or was that established somewhere else in canon?

Yeah, that may be the case. I was just thinking it would be funny if he got Indy and Han.....

I hope they go with a 20's Solo, I really don't want to see angsty teen Han.

Separately....was all the stuff with Han in the Imperial Academy thrown out with the EU? Or was that established somewhere else in canon?

All EU.

If we want 20s Han in the movie then it will probably be an actor who got recognized from teenage roles.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back