Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

In light of these recent events KK/LFL should be seriously thinking about EpIX and if Trevorrow is the right man for the job, before things get messy again.

The book of Henry bombed and Jurrassic World was already a box office draw regardless, and that was average at best.

And Irvin Kirshner made RoboCop 2, what's your point? One poorly reviewed film and one you consider average disqualifies him? He's writing the story and has the complete support of LucasFilm.

And Irvin Kirshner made RoboCop 2, what's your point? One poorly reviewed film and one you consider average disqualifies him?

Actually, let's go in a different direction with this, chronologically.

In ye olde pre-Internet days, when Kershner was named as the ESB director, most publications mentioned him as director of "Eyes of Laura Mars". So, to get some glimmer of what my beloved upcoming SW sequel would be like, I watched that film. Didn't care much for it, and certainly didn't see how this guy could "do" Star Wars. Same in 1981 or so when Marquand was announced - I watched "Eye of the Needle", a bit of a drudge, and just didn't get any glimmer of what he could bring to SW. What I ended up getting was one brilliant SW film and another SW film I could certainly live with.

Same when Brian Johnson was announced as being one of the replacements for John Dykstra for ESB. I groaned - because Johnson did Space:1999 and Alien and plenty of other "slow moving spaceship" pieces. I was stuck imagining the Falcon moving like the Nostromo - and instead I got some of the most beautiful, kinetic shots imaginable (pretty much anything from the asteroid field, for example.)

My point is: wait and see what these people bring to SW, rather than just prophesying that their SW will suck because you didn't like some of their other films.

M

Last edited:

You're doing that thing again... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Right. Until Kathleen says he doesn't.

Serves at the pleasure of, perhaps? ;) I mean in regards to the story he is writing along with the story group as that's as far along as they are at this point. And again, JJ and Rian have by all accounts been smooth productions with the exception of Harrison's accident on the set of TFA.

I would think, because I assume, that anyone who goes to work for Lucasfilm knows that you're there to put their vision onto screen. I think they will allow a director's style to show through, but you're still working for and answerable to Lucasfilm. So I would guess that if you go in there and try to completely rewrite or reinterpret the script, they have every right to get rid of you.

And Irvin Kirshner made RoboCop 2, what's your point? One poorly reviewed film and one you consider average disqualifies him? He's writing the story and has the complete support of LucasFilm.

Miller and Lord movies have been a success so far but they ain't right for Star Wars. What's your point?

Have to admit I started getting a bad feeling when that concept art with Han in hoodies and wierd shorts hit the web. That was some cringe worthy stuff. The spy photos of Alden with a 70's hair style didn't aleviate my concerns. It's such an easy thing to screw up, I almost feel bad for the studio for deciding to go with this instead of a Kenobi trilogy, which in my mind is a no brainer. A young Han Solo film is just a bad idea. Nobody really wants it, while fans would love to see Kenobi, and Ewan is accepted as the character and enjoys the role.

That posted, I am glad they have hired Ron Howard. Frankly I would not be surprised if they announced a new actor portraying Han in the weeks ahead.

I'd watch an Obi-Wan with Ewan playing him any time, and I'm not a PT lover. Not sure about the Han movie as it stands now though, most likely I'll wait to watch it online or on TV, but not at cinema.

Are we getting this in the end?

space_ventura.jpg

"******** in rear view mirror are closer than they appear!!"

Wow...Star Wars being compared to Ace Ventura.........

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back