Solo: A Star Wars Story

I see Han starting out as an 8 or 9 year old orphaned, cocky little street urchin, stealing food to live then maybe learning some skills from Woody's character after getting caught trying to steal from him. Then jump forward 10 years as we don't need too much of that. But definately show him as always being independent and capable, if always getting I to trouble. WHICH HE TALKS HIS WAY OUT OF.....EVERY TIME!

Please, no. I don't need another cool character being shown as a child.

Actually I've been here since last spring! And try to wrap your little head around the fact that Rogue One is most definitely my favorite Star Wars movie!

Cool. I loved a few scenes in Rogue One. All the Tarkin scenes. The shots of the ANH rebel pilots. And Vader going berserk at the end. Plus, I thought it was a very cool plot line, that the architect of the Death Star deliberately designed it with the flaw Luke exploits in the next film. But everything else in the movie was garbage. I'm glad you liked it, though. Oh wait...there was one more thing I loved about it: K2-SO. Unfortunately, he was the only character I cared about.

I'm genuinely curious. How old are you? And which was the first SW film you ever saw?

The Wook

With the new "Solo" movie being set 10 years before "Star Wars" I am really lokking fwd to seeing the Falcon! It should, if the infos from the expanded universe are correct, have less guns, some different/less features and of course only 3 landing gears (5ft design). I also wonder if it will appear cleaner as we know it. For the film as such I hope for a dark, brutal and complicated story that requires brain to understand. BUT it's Disney, so I doubt that.

cheers
Uwe

With the new "Solo" movie being set 10 years before "Star Wars" I am really lokking fwd to seeing the Falcon! It should, if the infos from the expanded universe are correct, have less guns, some different/less features and of course only 3 landing gears (5ft design). I also wonder if it will appear cleaner as we know it. For the film as such I hope for a dark, brutal and complicated story that requires brain to understand. BUT it's Disney, so I doubt that.

cheers
Uwe

Yep there are reports & images posted by Ron Howard that The Falcon will be a cleaner ship with a different paint scheme (white & blue)... I hope they remember about the 3 gear original version

J

I find it amusing now that Lord and Miller were sacked from Solo for purportedly trying to make it like Ace Ventura, when Rian Johnson received full backing in making TLJ feel like Spaceballs at times.
I was thinking the same thing. The opening sequence was rediculous as it needed tension not laughter. Every other SW opener has been pretty tense or spectacular.

I recall TPM being fairly weak (trade negotiations!) and AOTC (assasin explosion on Senators ship) not much better. RotS was great and this >could< have been just as exciting in a better director's hands.

ANH is no doubt the all time greatest.

TFA and R1 wasn't bad. I wonder what they will do in the Solo movie?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. The opening sequence was rediculous as it needed tension not laughter. Every other SW opener has been pretty tense or spectacular.

I recall TPM being fairly weak (trade negotiations!) and AOTC (assasin explosion on Senators ship) not much better. RotS was great and this >could< have been just as exciting in a better director's hands.

ANH is no doubt the all time greatest.

TFA and R1 wasn't bad. I wonder what they will do in the Solo movie?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Han will pose as an intergalactic UPS guy pretending to deliver a package when in actual fact he's attempting to rescue baby Chewie from an abusive owner.

So The Last Jedi has been MASSIVELY divisive. I initially didn’t like it but on my second viewing I loved it. Seeing it again on the weekend for the third time — BUT!... I think the divisiveness has resulted from areas of the saga films that Solo just won’t have to deal with.
Solo will be a solid action adventure movie unburdened by too much other than how people think Alden did representing Harrison Ford.

People were disappointed by Rey’s family just being drunk randoms - can we have it that Han turns out to be Poe’s Dad in this and then the real fight is between Kylo and Poe? Wishful thinking haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. I loved a few scenes in Rogue One. All the Tarkin scenes. The shots of the ANH rebel pilots. And Vader going berserk at the end. Plus, I thought it was a very cool plot line, that the architect of the Death Star deliberately designed it with the flaw Luke exploits in the next film. But everything else in the movie was garbage. I'm glad you liked it, though. Oh wait...there was one more thing I loved about it: K2-SO. Unfortunately, he was the only character I cared about.

I'm genuinely curious. How old are you? And which was the first SW film you ever saw?

The Wook

I'm 36 years old and I remember watching the original Star Wars movie on crappy VHS quality in the mid 80's. I don't guess that I would call myself an original trilogy purest. For instance I don't think too highly of Return of the Jedi. George Lucas never should've gotten his panties in a bunch over Gary Kurtz and fired him after The Empire Strikes Back. I also don't think that the prequels are all that bad. Rogue One could be spliced at the very beginning of A New Hope and it would be the most epic thing that ever was! :D

Rogue One could be spliced at the very beginning of A New Hope and it would be the most epic thing that ever was! :D

No way. I can't stand that movie and all the fan service BS, esp the last scene that completely ruins the the beginning of a ANH. They need to re-write it now:

"The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you've attacked a diplomatic... " Leia protests

"Bull****!" Injected Vader. "You just left a cruiser that took part in a major attack on an Imperial base and are carrying stolen data. I know so because I personally saw one of your men run inside with the disk in hand, as you were getting ready to leave!"

people love to trot out the ole.. " It was keeping up appearance" because they got thier do over for the Vader "NOOOOOOOOO" scene and not have the last thing with him in the movie be emo and a joke.. but come on, it wasn't like they tracked them down, or lost them and had to catch them again.. they followed them for 10 mins from the ship they just blasted their way out of. I mean, because of that movie and that scene they now know that ship has the plans.. why even bother with boarding it to look for those plans.. Just blast it and chalk it up to the princess being spaced by pirates or something if any one asks.. He's the guy who killed everyone.. even the younglings.. It's the empire. you've got a strangle hold on the galaxy, you probably control the information too. He's all of a sudden going to have issues with spacing a ship full of rebels? I don't know why people give R1 such a pass.

..."The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you've attacked a diplomatic... " Leia protests

"Bull****!" Injected Vader. "You just left a cruiser that took part in a major attack on an Imperial base and are carrying stolen data. I know so because I personally saw one of your men run inside with the disk in hand, as you were getting ready to leave!"

Leia: "That was just my favorite mix tape, which I forgot and they were bringing it to me."

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back