Solo: A Star Wars Story

You guys are crazy. I'm looking forward to Solo: A Star Lord Story.
I guessing you hit the nail on the head. I think Disney realized they had another GOTG clone and decided they needed differentiation. Thus the Ron Howard "reshoot".

This also may explain the delayed marketing campaign.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This, of course, is an over-the-top impression, done a decade ago when he was a teenager. For a feature-length film, his performance would have to be considerably more subtle and refined. I don't think any of us would want to see two hours of a caricature. But he's got all the raw materials--looks, height, age, voice--to deliver an amazing performance as a young-adult Solo. The Age of Adeline didn't provide us with an extended look at him, but he dialed it back perfectly, and there was enough on screen to show me he could do it for two hours like no one else on this planet.

What a crying shame they don't give AF.

The Wook

Exactly! Wish this could have happened some day:

Luke_Han_-_Anthony_Ingruber_Sebastian_Stan.jpg

Theres`s still a slight chance that may happen,this may only end up on a streaming service and be remade for the cinema.:lol

Seriously though, if Disney dont implement radical changes fast then they can rule out any interest from what will soon be the worlds largest market altogether moving forward. I`d love to be a fly on the wall in the hurried meetings that must surely are being organised as we speak.

Yep, look for more Asian characters and greater distance from the George Lucas era.

These movies are too interrelated to have an audience that only sees them inconsistently. It is one of the signature marks of the franchise and I really hope Disney doesn't sacrifice it.

Last edited:
hi all.ive got to say that I amvery looking forward to it,but can it hold its head up to all the starwars fans of old can I say..i really do .
I think if I come out of the cinema without I smile on my face i'll think twice before I watch another in the cinema again,well I wont be racing to go should I say.

p.s I bet its gonna be smart!

TFA made over One Hundred and Fifty Million dollars in China...What went wrong with TLJ at only Fifty Million?

TFA was a novelty. First SW film in over a decade, for China the first SW film to benefit from a wide release considering how many more screens there are now vs. 2003. But characters like Luke don't have ny meaning for them as the OT isn't widely known. So Luke shows up at the end and they have no idea who he is. Now he features in TLJ and they don't care for the same reasons.

TFA was a novelty. First SW film in over a decade, for China the first SW film to benefit from a wide release considering how many more screens there are now vs. 2003. But characters like Luke don't have ny meaning for them as the OT isn't widely known. So Luke shows up at the end and they have no idea who he is. Now he features in TLJ and they don't care for the same reasons.

Using that very same logic, what does back to the drawing board even mean when your next major releases are Solo and Episode Nein. So you are basically writing off China altogether?

Using that very same logic, what does back to the drawing board even mean when your next major releases are Solo and Episode Nein. So you are basically writing off China altogether?

No, who knows, Solo might be so much fun and not requiring any backstory it does great. Expectation for IX will be set accordingly.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back