Solo: A Star Wars Story

Funny how the tides turn after just a trailer. This needs to come on out so the haters can keep on hating. I hear lack of hate can have serious withdrawals.

Wow, lots of Debbie downers here! Not surprised.

I've been saying since the prequels that they need a Star Wars universe Western. This could be it.

Giddy-up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like train heist western.

THe fact that Lawrence Kasdan wrote the script gives me hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching the trailer at 240p until 1:54 when Chewie picked up that guy with one hand and head-slammed him.

I had to immediately pause the trailer and re-watch that shot in full-screen 480p. Then I could continue with the trailer.

I'm sorry I have never been down on AE. I have never been down on the idea of a Solo movie. I think this looks entertaining. I think it will be a good popcorn movie. I guess I just forgot SW's had to be "The Ten Commandments" or "Gone with the Wind". WTF can't we give it a chance?

I like what I saw in the trailer. I actually have more hope for it then I ever had for it previously

This could wind up being like the Thor: Ragnorok of the Star Wars universe.

Chewy looks GREAT! I love seeing him DO STUFF.

Agreed. I never cared about the character whatsoever until TFA (and I was born in 1975), then all of a sudden I was like "woah, Chewie is kinda awesome!"

I really hope this movie doesn't bring the hate that TLJ did. I love nerding out over SW, and it's such a drag to read vitriol. I don't mind debate, dorky nitpicking (within sane, rational reason...), but I really hate reading unhinged fury. I can't grasp why some people seem to thrive on negativity.

Taking the just released image of Hasbros Black Series 6 inch Chewie, I start to really love his new bandolier and his shotgun like rifle.

Btw, I am already so much excited about that movie. Still makes me wonder if we will see the falcon full transformation to the look we know or will we end up just hinted for it

Last edited:
Well, I've watched the new Solo trailer about a dozen times now, and I have yet to see, I have yet to hear, and I have yet to sense the presence of, Han Solo. To add insult upon injury, Glover's Lando Calrissian is nearly as much of a fail as is Alden's Solo.

But put Lando aside. Because as much as I love Billy Dee's Lando, that's not why I'll be going to see this movie. I'll be seeing Solo mostly for its eponymous character. And the film will fly or crash based on whether or not I can buy that Alden is a 20-something Han Solo. So far, I ain't getting that. What I see is a twerp in elevator boots, who exudes about as much coolness and danger as the underclassmen I used to initiate with atomic wedgies and lunch money shakedowns in the halls of Hoover High.

The Wook

Well, sadly I have no hope for this film, especially after The Last Jedi debacle.

This will be the first Star Wars film in 40 years that I won't be going to see in the theaters, and neither will my kids.

UNLEESSSS... it gets 8 plus/ 10 ratings from audience members. I don't trust the 'official film reviewers' anymore after how they rated TLJ.

If it comes onto Netflix I might watch it if I am bored.

My expectations have been lowered so much that I’m actually kind of looking forward to it. Thought TLJ was junk. Did t care for rogue one. TFA was fun. Suffering from extreme star wars fatigue at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s amazing how one’s level of hate for Star Wars can be considered a legit quantification for being a big Star Wars fan.

(i.e. hating one trilogy, but loving another, etc)

It’s so odd to me that one can say I’m a Star Wars fan, and expend daily energy to making sure everyone knows they have that hate in them online... and I am not exempt from this, just observing.

It’s amazing how one’s level of hate for Star Wars can be considered a legit quantification for being a big Star Wars fan.

(i.e. hating one trilogy, but loving another, etc)

It’s so odd to me that one can say I’m a Star Wars fan, and expend daily energy to making sure everyone knows they have that hate in them online... and I am not exempt from this, just observing.

I have absolutely no hate for Star Wars whatsoever in me. Since it was ingrained into my personality at the impressable age of 7 I can say that I love Star Wars. I cannot hate it. Although TLJ really cut a deep chunk out of my heart. But I do hate bad craftsmanship. I love comics but hate certain styles. I love music but I hate certain songs. I love literature but I hate certain books. And so on and so on...

I don't have any real opinion yet, but I know because it's release is on my birthday that I'll be seeing it. I always go into these new Star Wars films with zero expectations, that way if I am disappointed I wasn't expecting much anyway. I don't like TFA or TLJ but love Rogue One, so hopefully this one will be similar. I have a theory that all of the standalone Star Wars Story movies are always going to be better than the new trilogy, but I know people who love the new trilogy will disagree.

Anyway, the costumes look cool!

New trailer looks...promising,still can't quite get this guy as Solo but overall it seems okay but after TLJ I'm spooked about any SW and I won't be running to see this at all.

Funny thing is I am not,and never will be a "fan" of anything yes some things I enjoy a lot films,music,authors et cetera but my life doesn't hinge on any of it in any manner if something I like gets a new chapter or story or album I'll check it out but if it sucks~meh.
I honestly can't say I like all SW the last of the original films ROJ to me sucked and even ANH is kinda so-so if you watch it enough (I'll post a thread on that in a minute) I actually like Ep 2 and 3 Anakin wasn't great but I loved Kenobi while Ep 1 doesn't mean anything to me just useless filler and I never watched the Clone Wars TV show much (three? I think but never more)

Here's a thought for you.........

The movie rolls and all of you like me who can't see the guy as Solo are in full retch mode and yet you sit there.....and there at the end Solo throws his life on the line to save Chewie and he's toast,alive but his face has been blown off and he's seven kinds of screwed but Chewie takes him to somebody he knows as he won't give up on someone who almost literally gave their life for him because that's how Wookies are and you see Han with medical droids around him ala Vader....

At the end of the credits we see Han getting his face unwrapped and bam! It's the old Han we've always known.....

Well, I've watched the new Solo trailer about a dozen times now, and I have yet to see, I have yet to hear, and I have yet to sense the presence of, Han Solo. To add insult upon injury, Glover's Lando Calrissian is nearly as much of a fail as is Alden's Solo.

But put Lando aside. Because as much as I love Billy Dee's Lando, that's not why I'll be going to see this movie. I'll be seeing Solo mostly for its eponymous character. And the film will fly or crash based on whether or not I can buy that Alden is a 20-something Han Solo. So far, I ain't getting that. What I see is a twerp in elevator boots, who exudes about as much coolness and danger as the underclassmen I used to initiate with atomic wedgies and lunch money shakedowns in the halls of Hoover High.

The Wook
Dude you went to Hoover? Damn thats ghetto. I really like the vietnamese place across the street though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back