Solo: A Star Wars Story

Of course its a stupid easter egg, just something that came to mind. Besides, what better place to bring up background nerd trivia than the RPF ;)

True, true. I've seen the ROTS issue on a number on forums though, wasn't a comment aimed at you specifically. Like, I really think these trivialities ruin the movies for a certain type of person. Seems a shame!

I can see Hasbro citing timing as a reason for lower toy sales but as a consumer it is a direct result of their actions.
They are offering less product for a higher price.

The ANH black series Han Solo had multiple hands, two pistol belts an E-11 and a DL-44.
The TFA Han had no additional goodies but cost slightly more.

Another example: Hasbro markets the Inferno Squad figure but it doesn't represent any one of the three, includes no special gear and is just a repainted tie pilot.
Interestingly, that special gear is available with other figures because people have made customs using existing parts.
Insultingly, the Inferno figure costly slightly more than the standard black series, is a Gamestop exclusive and the character idea is derived from an EA game that has already alienated fans for the blatant micro-transaction cash grab.

And it is not just the Star Wars black series but also with the Marvel Legends. We are just witnessing the downward backside slope of Hasbro's poor decision making.

A lot of people must never have had a sports car or a hot rod. My 87 Grand National hasn't had the same parts in the engine compartment for more than a year before I change something out. I've got gauges and diagnostic stuff inside that isn't on the stock car. I've got custom interior stuff that is also not on a stock car. That is exactly what Han and other owners of the Falcon have done. It's not as big of a deal as people are making it. It fits.

That was really cool. I'm less concerned now that they have more insight from Ford into the character and he gave this guy his blessing.

Dear Lord...

Are the boys from Redletter Media going to be correct with their predictions for this movie?

This video posted back in July looks to tie in to some of what the plot appears to be in the trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
These pics really make it look like if you simply remove all those white wall panels the interior looks a lot different.

Attachments

• DFD45F8F-DC7E-460C-879E-6D572B553C76.jpeg
    DFD45F8F-DC7E-460C-879E-6D572B553C76.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 152
I've wondered if at the end of the movie Han and Lando are playing Sabacc and Lando bets his ship the 'Millennium Falcon' and Han wins the game and the ship.

They walk outside and Han walks up to the shiny new white/blue ship we've seen the whole movie to take ownership and Lando says "Oh, I bet my ship the Millennium Falcon. This isn't the Millennium Falcon, it's parked around back" and when Han goes to the real Falcon it's the beat-up piece of space junk that we know form the OT.

I like that twist

View attachment 793856

I'm totally in the "it's a different ship" camp. Besides everything that's different structurally and mechanically, besides how filthy the inside got in only ten years, the thing that really sets me off is the blue paint. Why would Solo remove all traces of the blue paint, and then randomly paint assorted panels red? I mean, if you're going to go to the effort of a repaint, those red panels make zero sense. If they're the same ship, there's been no concession to aesthetics in the modifications, except for the blue-paint-off, red-paint-on thing. That change is inconsitent with the other changes.

I think you guys hoping it's not the actual Falcon are setting yourself up to be disappointed. It seems like such an extraneous and clunky addition to a story that I just don't see it happening. They're featuring it all over in the marketing and visually telling us by making it new that things are not what we know them to be.

Why would Solo remove all traces of the blue paint, and then randomly paint assorted panels red? I mean, if you're going to go to the effort of a repaint, those red panels make zero sense. If they're the same ship, there's been no concession to aesthetics in the modifications, except for the blue-paint-off, red-paint-on thing. That change is inconsitent with the other changes.

Starkiller came up with a possible idea: Maybe what were looking at is a type of heavier armor plating that Han decides to dump during the Kessel Run or if he's being chased? Those panels then get replaced with others he's able to find during his upcoming adventures?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you guys hoping it's not the actual Falcon are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I just enjoy thinking of all the different possibilities and direction(s) it can go. :)

I always assumed it was like a miscolored fender on a beater car. Han replaced damaged plates with some from a red-painted YT1300.

I kind love the Falcon being different. I like they are building an evolution to it, given the minor differences in the ST. In terms of visual Star Wars icons, the Falcon is almost up there with Vader and R2.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back