Solo: A Star Wars Story

Remember all those comments about Disney trying to bury this bomb with no marketing support. Yeah, me neither.

I knew the marketing would come eventually. They're too big a studio, and have too much invested in this film to not market it aggressively.

What raised many eyebrows, including mine, was that the marketing seemed to be coming very late.

I knew the marketing would come eventually. They're too big a studio, and have too much invested in this film to not market it aggressively.

What raised many eyebrows, including mine, was that the marketing seemed to be coming very late.

Because the film wasn't finished, it was late.

Don't be silly, Bryan. Films don't need to be totally finished to release trailers and launch advertising campaigns. You know that.

Yes, and I pointed out to you numerous times they wouldn't do any marketing until TLJ had left theaters. Its unprecedented to have two films come out within 6 months of each other. But still the failed narrative that they were burying the film continued.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05...ted-to-have-170-million-plus-domestic-opening

Looks like SOLO is on track for a big opening weekend. Of course, the second weekend's haul will be the big indicator in how this movie will do in the long run.

What I really found surprising about this story was that the current box office record for Memorial Day weekend was set back in 2007(!) by Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End with $140 million.

31945051_10156459213324430_2484490524623372288_n.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back