Solo: A Star Wars Story

The real problem here with the ranking of the movies is that YOU ALL FORGOT THE ANIMATED CLONE WARS MOVIE THAT WENT TO THEATERS!

So my list, from lest favorite to most favorite, of all theatrically released Star Wars movies is

10-The Clone Wars

9-AOTC

8-TPM

7-TFA

6-ROTS

5-R1

4-ROTJ

3-Star Wars

2-ESB

1-TLJ

Last edited:
This looks like a **** movie. Just mediocre across the board. Not even a fun kind of bad. Just bleh. The rumors appear to be true, the guy playing Solo...just no. According to the majority of spoilers, this film is carried by the supporting cast and there are some almost painfully desperate nostalgia mining going on.

I bet the only reason it has not bombed totally with the critics so far and fallen into obscurity is because Disney has paid a boatload to keep critics in line. The embargo was basically a "unless you say good things, shut up", and considering it's Disney...nobody who relies on ad revenue is going to say one bad thing about the movie until it is "safe" to do so.

Note, the only critics who give an even remotely negative review are people who don't rely on ad revenue from Disney. IGN of course lays it on thick, as they are known to do.

Hmm. So Lando likes what Lando likes, I guess.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...sexual-1112866

WTH cares? (in general, not aimed at you :lol) Do people really sit around and watch a movie and go "Gee I wonder if he's also into guys?" Just make a good movie! Also if you want gay/bi/etc characters, make them! Don't go around and change all the others. I cannot stand when they flip flop a characters gender/race/etc. That drives the fan part of my brain nuts! Also since Ryan Reynolds said this is the same orientation as Deadpool, I'm suspicious that this is a "hey look at us, we have a lgbtq character in our movie also!!!"

giphy (1).gif

Yeah, this one is stupid. Lando is obviously interested in females, though I suppose in Star Wars "pansexual" would refer more to being interested in ANY female of any species, not just in human women. Still, I doubt that's the context they're putting this in. It just feels like they're trying to be purposely controversial with this one. On a movie that has no shortage of controversy around it already. It's forced and unnecessary, just like the rest of this movie.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back