Solo: A Star Wars Story

Are those Star Destroyer shield generators at the 6 second mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they are. I'm glad to see that they actually did some research and got them right. As the star destroyer that would be used at the time would be the Devastator and not the Avenger type, both having slightly different shaped ball parts. I always wanted to see some of these ships more close up. I'd like to see a shot of someone walking on the outside of it. Have the camera start far away and zoom all the way to the person.

Awww, damn it, they've actually got me rather really liking this now!!!! I even think the new vehicles (apart from Hans book car) are quite good.

And just after I'd had a word with Thanos about borrowing the Infinity Gaunlet to do some light trimming and time reversal at Lucasfilm.

I'm taking an awful risk with this Kathleen. It had better work.

Had to relay this conversion I had with my 11 year-old daughter – and let me preface this by saying that while we are Team OT in our household, I try not to impose my feelings regarding the new crop of movies on my kids before they see the movie and let them formulate their own opinions:

Me: Hey Chloe, The new “Han Solo” movie opens the same night that Phoenix Comic Fest starts. I’m gonna get some tickets. Let’s check it out!
Chloe: There’s a new Star Wars movie with Han Solo? How are they going to make him look young? With CGI?
Me: No, they hired a new actor.
Chloe: Booooo! I don’t wanna see that!

:lol

My kid’s become a militant OT fan!

At any rate, whatever problems this movie's had during production and whether or not I agree with all of the casting choices, one thing is true: I'm rooting for Ron Howard to succeed. I'm hoping he's pulled off the improbable and rescued this thing. Not by trying to make a good Star Wars movie, but rather just trying to make a good movie.

After seeing this movie, wither its good or bad, I'd like to see at least parts from the original cut by the first directors. Bet that'd make the final cut seem like a great movie.

LOVE THE SCORE! even if I'm not sold on Alden as Solo just yet that little snippet of music sounded more Star Wars then the majority of the current Star Wars score, including the Williams ones. Because it harkens back to Williams old style of scoring from the 70's and 80's (not to mention the reuse of familiar themes) , its the kind of music we heard when we first fell in love with Star Wars to begin with.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back