Solo: A Star Wars Story

Definately the best this movie has looked so far, dont like the voice of the new droid though. Didnt fit for me at all. Not sure about the Cowboy music at the beginning...... not sure at all. Big scenes for Chewie which is good. I'll still wait till it comes on Sky movies though.

I'm so conflicted about this. Part of me thinks "Meh, looks like a generic blockbuster. Sassy droid? Yawn. Train-top fight? Snore..." The other part of me thinks "OMG STAR WARS MUST SEEEEEEE!!!!"

I hope they keep that funky western guitar in the actual film.

AE is growing on me. Still not sure why the internet is losing its mind over Glover. He's fine. Alden is fine. They are both equally just okay.

Looks awful and his voice sounds even worse. I cannot listen to that for 2 hours.

The trailer does not look like fun, it's a mess of horrible dialogue and sassy swaggery everything dipped in Star Wars and trying desperately to look cool. It does not look cool, it looks like a live action cartoon with all the cleverness and appeal of a candy coated dog turd.

Last edited:
Though it isn't saying much, it looks better than the previous trailers. However, it also looks extremely generic. You can see the cliche boxes being checked in the trailer. And, sorry, but this guy is NOT Han Solo. I don't believe him as Han. Wrong casting choice. Anyway, I'm done being fooled by trailers. Won't be supporting more of this Disney nonsense any longer. If I'm curious, which I doubt, there'll be plenty of ways to see it for free in no time.

it looks like a live action cartoon with all the cleverness and appeal of a candy coated dog turd.

Unfortunately, I think that is the point.
It is not meant for original Star Wars fans and I suspect the Han shot first acolytes.

This is intended for younger viewers and while Star Wars required less thought than Star Trek... neither franchise requires any thought now a days since they have been reduced to a linear series of flash bangs.

I hope to be surprised but as of right now I doubt that I will see this in the theater.

Um, we already have that.
Where? And even if they did do that for one film, why wouldn't they do it in all of them? World building, ya know?

Lucas created a whackload of creatures and droids that we've seen throughout his franchise.

Now all I see are bits of set dressing.

Imagine if a new LOTR spinoff only centred on humans.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

The more I watch the trailer, the more (cautious) good vibes I'm getting about AE. But for the life of me, I can't get the internet gushing Glover. Billy Dee Williams should be fairly easy to mimic in a "Urban as Bones" kind of way, and I'm just not hearing it at ALL. Now, I know Glover has to make the character his own and blah blah blah, but...I'm not on board with his voice/mannerisms from what I've seen so far. Oh well, as long as Chewie is awesome (and Disney has used him very well I say), then that's a win.

My ONLY concern about SOLO is the idea of taking away WHO SOLO actually is. GL TRIED to do this with the whole "Han Shot First" fiasco. If they steer SOLO away from him being a womanizer, scoundrel, swindler, etc... I'll throw my hands in the air and snort with derision.

I'm willing to buy into AE as a yong Han if it's a good story. For me I'm really hung up on the Falcon. I like the look but I wanted to see the real deal. I've always wanted a Han Solo/Chwebacca movie. Tried to like the books but wanted something better. I wanted a Han and Chewie adventure movie with THE Falcon. Busted and beat up hunk of junk flying like we saw in ESB. I think the train heist is a good premise keep it true to Solo being the cowboy we got in the OT and a western set in Star Wars should work well. If done right.
Im just hoping the entire movie isn't an act of AE trying to be the coolest guy in the room. Ford didn't have to act being cool and witty because he just was.
Visually movie looks great. I'm excited to see Chewie in action and get some real screen time.
I hope I'm proved wrong about the Falcon and AE as Han Solo, and I hope this doesn't rewrite the character of Han Solo.

Movie looks good, but the guy playing Han cant freaking act. Also, is anyone else bothered that they retconned Chewie to have actual hands? I hate it.

I'm just not seeing Han Solo in this guy. It's breaking my heart each new peek. There is no presence. Maybe they should have just
called it Space Pirates and started with new characters.
Wasn't there a movie back in the 80's with that title already?
Still not convinced watching new trailer first one had the Falcon batting a tie fighter, this trailer has a speeder spinning 360 or whatever - why put this sh@t in it, keep it simple and if it actually turns out to be good might just have some longevity. That stuff always spoils the action and just looks stupid.

It's amazing, no wonder the stick factory is out of sticks. They can't keep up production and they keep disappearing somewhere dark! Where could they have gone?!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back