Solo: A Star Wars Story

You know what I didnt see when all the reactions dropped from the premiere?

I didnt see any tweets about lando being gay.

But yet here's a bunch of grown adults whining about someone who had a total of about 15 minutes of screentime between 2 movies and whether or not that character may take a shine to something other than a human female.

But it has stopped some people from talking about how short the new han is.

Lando has been on the movie screen four times up to this point.
Three times by Billy Dee Williams in ESB, RTOJ and the Lego Movie.

IlThat's right he has to be gay.... no straight guy can be like that.
As a great man once said:
"As long as you're heart's in the right place, we don't care what you put in your mouth."
If the movie is 1/2 as entertaining as this thread, it will be worth seeing! ..... well at least a Redbox rental. ;)

As a great man once said:
"As long as you're heart's in the right place, we don't care what you put in your mouth."
If the movie is 1/2 as entertaining as this thread, it will be worth seeing! ..... well at least a Redbox rental. ;)

I have been holding off on that quote for the entire time. :cheers

Thread: "I hate that a fictional character who doesn't exist has a lifestyle that doesn't affect me!"

Idiots_Array_thumb.png
Lame

Pansexual literally means a person who loves anyone. Man, woman, green space babe...WORM, DROID, Exhaust Port, Box of Twinkies, ...
Fixed that for you.
Have you read the article? Did you miss the part where Kasden Jr., pretty much states that Lando is hooking up with his droid? Again...who cares. Include your pansexual in SW, and have them hook up with the Falcon's exhaust port for all I care...just don't screw with an established character.

From what I've heard, though, it's not even mentioned in the movie, so it's just one writer's kid's fantasy for all I care. They're not really making it an issue. But hey, some people fall in love with a personality. Droids in SW DO have artificial personalities (Chopper is an a-hole, C-3PO is prissy). I can completely understand that. In truth, this COULD open up a new frontier in SW. A conversation I would be interested in seeing held.

NEW IMPERIAL POLICY...
UDcBQAq.jpg

UDcBQAq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
EIther way though, my question to everyone so worked up, upset, mad, and/or in hate over it, let me ask a simple question: why?

Are you made because change is bad? Does it REALLY effect you on a personal level? Doesit change anything for you, or how you feel about the movies?

I'm not upset, mad or in hate, probably beyond interested now but it seems to me that LFL et al are continuously distracted by these real world issues when their focus needs to be squarely in another galaxy far far away from the politics of real life. It is, after all, fantasy escapism.

Wait a second, wait a second.

All of this "LANDO IS GAY!!!" stuff is stemming from Lando saying something like "Hang on, baby" to Han Solo?

It's like nobody ever watched a movie starring Isaac Hayes from the 1970s...

Wait a second, wait a second.

All of this "LANDO IS GAY!!!" stuff is stemming from Lando saying something like "Hang on, baby" to Han Solo?

It's like nobody ever watched a movie starring Isaac Hayes from the 1970s...

Unfortunately no. The writer's son aka co-writer started it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Pansexual literally means a person who loves anyone. Man, woman, green space babe...

It literally means a person who has sex with anything. So Chewie and any stray dog better watch out!

Unfortunately no. The writer's son aka co-writer started it all.

Right, but I'm saying what prompted the question? What's the on-screen evidence? I gather there's something where he banters flirtatiously with a droid, but I mean, maybe he's just flirty? It strikes me that the question likely was asked, the writer had never considered it, really, says "Huh. Yeah, I guess he could be pansexual. Sure," and cue the outrage machine.

This all seems a tempest in a teapot.

Right, but I'm saying what prompted the question? What's the on-screen evidence? I gather there's something where he banters flirtatiously with a droid, but I mean, maybe he's just flirty? It strikes me that the question likely was asked, the writer had never considered it, really, says "Huh. Yeah, I guess he could be pansexual. Sure," and cue the outrage machine.

This all seems a tempest in a teapot.

I kind of look at it like I did when JK Rowling announced it ex post facto: If you don't have the guts to put it in the story, keep your mouth shut. Don't try to have it both ways.

It seems, most people don't like the fact that they changed an existing character, to fit their agenda.

I'm not upset, mad or in hate, probably beyond interested now but it seems to me that LFL et al are continuously distracted by these real world issues when their focus needs to be squarely in another galaxy far far away from the politics of real life. It is, after all, fantasy escapism.

The OT and the PT were both full of allegory and statements about politics. People seem to forget that Lucas was very liberal. Maybe the difference is allegory and parables vs. literal enaction, but until we see Lando in the movie, that can't be argued quite yet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back