That made me **** myself

The worst compositing ever

J

article-2143371-130DC4EC000005DC-143_964x641.jpg

Attachments

• solo-in-making-of-empire.jpg
    solo-in-making-of-empire.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 81
I'm going to admit. After reading the spoilers and fan synopsis, my curiosity for Solo has been piqued. Perhaps not enough to see it in theaters, but I'm certainly curious about it. I'll wait for the fan reaction to this one.

Wolverine in comics: 5'1ish

Wolverine in movies: 6'1ish.

How much it really matters in the movie?

It didnt matter for[emoji90].

Point being you are letting a couple inches determine the entire movie for you and have resulted to making excuses to support your flimsy argument of why he is isn't fit for the role.

Wolverine in comics: 5'1ish

Wolverine in movies: 6'1ish.

How much it really matters in the movie?

It didnt matter for[emoji90].

Point being you are letting a couple inches determine the entire movie for you and have resulted to making excuses to support your flimsy argument of why he is isn't fit for the role.

Apparently you haven't been paying close attention to this thread. His physical shortcomings are just one of the several problems I, and others, have with him in this role. And once again, it is NOT a matter of a couple inches. If he was truly a couple inches shorter--5' 11" to Ford's 6' 1"--I wouldn't even bring up the disparity.

The Wook

I have real no issue with his height. That can easily be fixed through clever camera tricks. It's the fact that he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford nor carries ANY of his charisma that bothers me. That said, the wardrobe is growing on me...

8ax7VgL.jpg

I have real no issue with his height. That can easily be fixed through clever camera tricks. It's the fact that he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford nor carries ANY of his charisma that bothers me.

If the trailers are any indication, it has not been fixed through camera tricks. Ford looked (and sounded) like a man. Alden looks (and sounds) like a 15-year old boy...a tiny one, at that.

The Wook

Whether or not his heights been fixed on screen remains to be seen, but I definitely agree that Alden sounds too young. Though, in all fairness to his looks, this movie is set 10 years before ANH. If Han's age is analogous to Ford's, then Han would be about 25 in this movie. I can't say for everybody, but most 25 year old men I hang out with (as that's my own age) don't have the same depth in voice as a 35 year old man. Hell, I know men who are 45 and married with kids that look and sound younger than myself. Personally, I know if you took away my facial hair, I'd be one baby faced twenty-something (which is why I have the hair there in the first place).

It's the fact that he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford nor carries ANY of his charisma that bothers me.

This has been one of my problems as well with him. I still don't want to judge based on what I've seen in the trailers, but I'm not seeing Han Solo.........maybe once I see the movie that'll change.

From everything I have read, there was no effort put into trying to make Alden mimic Ford. The idea they were working towards from the get go was the "Chris Pine as Captain Kirk" model of making the role his own entirely.

From everything I have read, there was no effort put into trying to make Alden mimic Ford. The idea they were working towards from the get go was the "Chris Pine as Captain Kirk" model of making the role his own entirely.

Schitting on the past, again. A big FU to the core fan base, again.

I'm sure they told Glover to dial it back on sounding and acting like Billy Dee, so that Alden's non-Ford performance wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb in contrast.

Disgraceful.

The Wook

That is no joke. Or the Greedo shot first.

GL: I want Greedo to shoot at Han first, now!

VFX Guy: So you want him to just miss?

GL: No, make it a headshot.

VFX Guy: ...

GL: Just move his head over for a few frames.

VFX Guy: ... Ok, I guess that works.

I had a feeling if I googled this, someone would have done it, and sure enough......

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back