Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Unsolicited it sounds like there is a variability in directors experience working with the new LucasFilm.
He could also just be a company man though. I personally dont like the guy. He seems kinda douchey but Im only going off of interviews and tweets.
The Wook haha that was great. I tried to watch Rogue one again the other day and I fell asleep. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

He could also just be a company man though. I personally dont like the guy. He seems kinda douchey but Im only going off of interviews and tweets.
@The Wook haha that was great. I tried to watch Rogue one again the other day and I fell asleep. :lol

I tried to watch Rogue One just so I could listen to RLM commentary, but even though I was enjoying the commentary, the boring visuals put me to sleep..

They were shooting pickups for TFA in Bad Robot's parking lot a week before the movie was due to be released. This is just how movies are made now. Auteur filmmakers with full freedom is a thing of the past.

I don't think that's true in general. In a 'universe setting', it could very well be true.

You simply can't do 'whatever' in a Star Wars film or Marvel film, for example. It has to fit with the rest of the pieces. I think you still have plenty of room to diverge into a romance, comedy, mystery, etc, but you can't go around throwing, as someone else said 'current culture jokes/innuendo' into it You can't push into the R rating, you also don't likely wanna delve into G rating either.

It's very hard to comment without knowing how things were looking. If LF hated what they were seeing and thought these guys were out of their depth, that's one thing. And it's possible the studio over reacted from day 1. Again, we don't have the data to know and we likely never will.

Honestly, I wish they'd just gone ahead and done an Obi Wan movie instead. Heck, pull in Hayden Christiansen and a capable director for a Clone Wars era adventure and we'd see what the prequels could have been. But instead, we get this... Of course I'll see it. It's Star Wars after all. I just don't have very high hopes for it.

I miss Gary Kurtz.
f17fed09c2a46dfc1c26096bff97fd4c.jpg

I say they should scrap the whole project and focus their efforts on something that people will actually want to see. I will see it, of course, but like Rogue One I likely will only watch it once and won't bother buying it to own as a part of my movie collection. Other than a handful of some fun scenes (even if they were just fan service -aka. Vader-) it just wasn't memorable at all.

As I watch Young Han and Chewie win the Falcon from Lando and they make the Kessel Run, I will be reminded of my initial predictions and shake my head, wondering why on earth they even bothered to make this movie.

I say they should scrap the whole project and focus their efforts on something that people will actually want to see. I will see it, of course, but like Rogue One I likely will only watch it once and won't bother buying it to own as a part of my movie collection. Other than a handful of some fun scenes (even if they were just fan service -aka. Vader-) it just wasn't memorable at all.

As I watch Young Han and Chewie win the Falcon from Lando and they make the Kessel Run, I will be reminded of my initial predictions and shake my head, wondering why on earth they even bothered to make this movie.

This statement right here is exactly whats wrong with "fandom" these days. You don't want this movie, but you'll watch it. Oh, but only once. You have virtually zero information about this movie, but you've already decided its going to be bad.

Remind us why exactly Disney should be trying to please people like this again?

This statement right here is exactly whats wrong with "fandom" these days. You don't want this movie, but you'll watch it. Oh, but only once. You have virtually zero information about this movie, but you've already decided its going to be bad.

Remind us why exactly Disney should be trying to please people like this again?

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this thread. It's a perfect example of what I said earlier about Star Wars discussions never maturing because there's a part of the fan base that is miserable, insufferable and never happy about anything. I don't know why these people continue to discuss Star Wars if it's such a burden on them. Personally I like to spend my time talking about things I actually enjoy and not stuff I dislike...which is why you'll never see me in a Star Trek or Lord of the Rings thread.

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this thread. It's a perfect example of what I said earlier about Star Wars discussions never maturing because there's a part of the fan base that is miserable, insufferable and never happy about anything. I don't know why these people continue to discuss Star Wars if it's such a burden on them. Personally I like to spend my time talking about things I actually enjoy and not stuff I dislike...which is why you'll never see me in a Star Trek or Lord of the Rings thread.

Because we love the galaxy George gave us. And we see the rich, fertile ground which exists there for additional exciting stories. And we hope...we hope and wait for each new story, to see if it was done the right way.

That is why we're here.

The Wook

^^this^^

I've said it before: Thousands of planets and thousands of years but for some reason they seem reluctant to think outside the six decade era of existing Star Wars.

Surely the X-men and Wolverine movies are proof that unnecessary back stories are hit and miss at best.

Probably because they want to get stuff done in the 6 decades done before the original actors get too old or pass away. Plus people often buy what they are more familiar with. I am sure they'll eventually branch out more.
^^this^^

I've said it before: Thousands of planets and thousands of years but for some reason they seem reluctant to think outside the six decade era of existing Star Wars.

Surely the X-men and Wolverine movies are proof that unnecessary back stories are hit and miss at best.

Get stuff done? Stuff got done in six movies, the only thing that needed fleshing out more was the clone wars and the did that with animation and better actors.
The original actors are not being cast in stand alone movies. If you mean the original cast in the new trilogy, that's a continuing story that mirrors the real passage of time.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back