Solo: A Star Wars Story

Really!? Is it just because he seemed to accept Rey as the new captain of the ship?

No. As much as I dislike her character, she is the series protagonist now, so it was right that she got the ship. Chewie's better suited as a first-mate. Best first-mate in the Outer Rim! But a first-mate, nonetheless.

The look he gave her was hideously out of character. If I say any more, I am likely to get flamed, and I'm not in the mood for it tonight. lol So we'll leave it at that.

The Wook

No. As much as I dislike her character, she is the series protagonist now, so it was right that she got the ship. Chewie's better suited as a first-mate. Best first-mate in the Outer Rim! But a first-mate, nonetheless.

The look he gave her was hideously out of character. If I say any more, I am likely to get flamed, and I'm not in the mood for it tonight. lol So we'll leave it at that.

The Wook

Damn right about the best first-mate.

Interesting! To me he was saying “Let’s do this” or “She’s yours now” or something.

I agree about not wanting to get into arguments!

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen it yet. (If you have a pic, please post it.) So I cannot comment on it. But if it looks cool, I'm sure I'll be okay with it. It's just a bandolier. Why would I object to him wearing a different bandolier? It's not much different than Han changing from his navy w/red stripe pants to brown w/gold stripe pants.

The Wook

Here is the argument... How was he portrayed in ROTS???? Why the hell would they change his look? I would not like that at all!

Here is the argument... How was he portrayed in ROTS???? Why the hell would they change his look? I would not like that at all!

You're absolutely right, and I admire your SWIQ. As I said, I wouldn't change it. But given they are changing it, I don't think it's an egregious mistake like the Falcon's paint job.

What I mean to say is, it's not implausible that Chewie would change his bandolier style from one strap to two, and then change back to one strap, over the course of a couple decades. The Falcon getting a new paint job just a short time before we saw it in Docking Bay 94?? THAT, is implausible.

The Wook

You're absolutely right, and I admire your SWIQ. As I said, I wouldn't change it. But given they are changing it, I don't think it's an egregious mistake like the Falcon's paint job.

What I mean to say is, it's not implausible that Chewie would change it, and then change it back, over the course of a couple decades. The Falcon getting a new paint job just a short time before we saw it in Docking Bay 94?? THAT, is implausible.

The Wook

Chewy is not Worf.. He cant just changed his appearance

The Falcon, with blue paint job would have to be way at the beginning, when Lando owned it...Like a flashback

I'll add this... the "Falcon blue" was part of a fleet and maybe Han changed the look to be its own.

On the Falcon's appearance, with the way Han flies and where he flies, do you really think it would take much to make the Falcon look trashed? Between asteroid fields, radiation, lasers being shot at it, you could make it ugly fast. Heck flying through one good explosion would probably take off some of the paint.

As far as changing the falcon goes, I'm of the belief that you alter the texture of something, but you don't alter the relationship with the dimensions.

Look at the enterprise refit. The relationships between the elements stayed the same, but it looked sleeker.

Compare that with the JJ prise where the nacelles are too bulky and too close together. They forgot the the fact that the elements worked together as a design.

There are a lot of reasons the falcon works as a design. It's not symmetrical, but it's balanced.

This new design wrecks the brilliant proportions that make the falcon work

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As far as changing the falcon goes, I'm of the belief that you alter the texture of something, but you don't alter the relationship with the dimensions.

Look at the enterprise refit. The relationships between the elements stayed the same, but it looked sleeker.

Compare that with the JJ prise where the nacelles are too bulky and too close together. They forgot the the fact that the elements worked together as a design.

There are a lot of reasons the falcon works as a design. It's not symmetrical, but it's balanced.

This new design wrecks the brilliant proportions that make the falcon work

But it’s not a new design! From what we’ve seen - it just looks different because at this time, at some point, it’s doing what it was built to do. It’s design is intact, it’s merely carrying cargo and it has a bit of blue on it - probably its factory paint job.
Wasn’t it this scheme already when it appeared in ROTS, anyway?

I just wish we could see the movie before people start calling them heretics for doing things they likely haven’t even done yet.

N.

If the refit your talking about was new weapons and shields, upgraded computer systems. etc etc... No difference physically, otherwise it was a new class. However, this Falcon has a new or old design.

If the refit your talking about was new weapons and shields, upgraded computer systems. etc etc... No difference physically, otherwise it was a new class. However, this Falcon has a new or old design.
There were a ton of differences between the TOS enterprise and the TMP refit. But the relationship between the elements stayed the same. That was the genius of it. They recognized the magic that the enterprise had.

This falcon looks like something Kenner would have done in 1985.

I'm all for coming changing the paint and working with different panels. I would love to see a falcon with full hull plating.

But this is the Dodge Daytona of freighters.

Give me the charger any day.

I just had a look at it... the Falcon has a little bit of blue on it and it just looks cleaner.
The classic Falcon doesn’t even have a paint job, really. It’s grey, dirty with some red and darker grey replacement panels, right?
And we can see the couple of steps it’d take to get from one to the other?
Open the mandibles to dump the cargo, spend a couple of years adventuring around the galaxy, run a bunch of pipes and make mods and you’ve got the same damn ship.
Easy!

N.

A737D657-DCB7-458C-934E-8587757BC920.jpeg

I just hope we finally get this toy.

I'm not sure anyones mentioned it yet, so maybe I'm crazy, but...it's not just the addition of that central portion, but the mandibles are longer (as a ratio of the overall fore-aft dimension), AND the angled outer portion doesn't transition to the saucer even close to the almost-tangent fashion of the original. Not to mention, the gap between the mandibles is far less than the original.

Am I being Mr. Obvious, and just no one's mentioned it for "No Duh" reasons? I'm not the only one seeing this, right? These are totally different mandibles (which I'm totally okay with for "modifications" reasons...although these would be major and quite pricey, I would think.)

EDIT: I think "Astroboy" is saying something similar..?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back