Solo: A Star Wars Story

A series of character posters were released today all saying "____________ as __________"

.....except for Chewie. I think it's ridiculous that Joonas Suotamo doesn't get credit here.
30073605_938244926356897_2291575744403115703_o.jpg

Even the actors of L3 and Rio get credit.
30821440_938244863023570_1710574701905628043_o.jpg30420599_938244796356910_4466133622013102661_o.jpg

Don't be lulled.
Just because the marketing department put an apple in an orange peel doesn't change it's core nature.

I'll retain my doubt so that I can be pleasantly surprised.
I like to be positive but in this case if I build up hope that is an opening for disappointment greater than TLJ.

Exactly. The spots for TLJ had me convinced it would correct the failings of TFA and give us the SW movie we deserve. Oh the disappointment...

After the release, if somebody posts an image of a single red "Solo" cup telling us this was better than the movie... I'll be very upset! And probably go get a drink ;)

After the release, if somebody posts an image of a single red "Solo" cup telling us this was better than the movie... I'll be very upset! And probably go get a drink ;)

I mean, kinda depends on what's in the cup, doesn't it? If it was filled with 25 year old Macallan single malt scotch, I'd probably go with the cup. ;)

So it appears Han and Lando square off in two separate card games in the movie. First when they meet and Han needs to charter the ship for the heist. And then a second time when Han wins the Falcon. The latter being, presumably at the end of the film.

The Wook

So it appears Han and Lando square off in two separate card games in the movie. First when they meet and Han needs to charter the ship for the heist. And then a second time when Han wins the Falcon. The latter being, presumably at the end of the film.

The Wook

Yep, that’s what it looks like.

Some highlights from an in depth interview with Alden in Esquire. It's worth a read.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...ich-talks-firings-hirings-and-hans-pants.html

Regarding his casting..

"We wanted someone who presented as a pirate but had a big heart underneath,” Lord tells me via email. “An impression of Harrison Ford would have felt like an extended Saturday Night Live sketch,” Miller adds. “We wanted someone who could evoke the spirit of the iconic performance we all remember while bringing something new and fresh. We talked a little bit about how Chris Pine, playing Captain Kirk, didn’t do a Shatner voice, and brought his own spin to the character while still evoking the vibe of the character. We felt Alden did the same with Han Solo.”

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back