Solo: A Star Wars Story

For all intents and purposes, LFL became Disney the moment KK was hired. She was sent there by Disney for recon and to facilitate the sale a few months later.

She was hired by George. They have a decades long relationship. Go back and check the history.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically it only moved ahead once Disney and Kennedy became involved.

Actually George used it to sweeten the deal for the sale. He had a sequel trilogy treatment with a viable 7 script, Solo, and the unproductive TV series.

I wonder if he regrets that decision now.:lol

Sweeten the deal. please.:rolleyes That sequel trilogy treatment turned out real sour to them fast.

Hopefully that sequel trilogy treatment from Lucas will be leaked.

Last edited:
A couple billion dollars later, I don't think the sequel trilogy has been sour for LFL OR Disney at all. Maybe for some fans, but this is the Solo thread so I won't get into that.

She was hired by George. They have a decades long relationship. Go back and check the history.

I know that. It's so funny you think I don't know that. I know that.

giphy.gif

The bottom line is that KK was going to gain full control of Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise/brand, by hook or by crook, to propagate her own aggro-feminist agenda.

Last edited:
@The Wook , mate you might get a kick out of the Roz Weston review of Solo on YouTube ... may put a smile on your dial !
Apologies for not being able to post a direct link to it though .
I swear , while Rian Johnson’s thought processes on making TLJ confounded / frustrated me no end , using computer related stuff is a close second ! :$

:cheersGed

Ged 'day, Ged. Just watched it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I hope he's wrong. The film should not be about Chewbacca, it should be about Han Solo.

Plus, much of what I have seen thus far of Chewie has concerned me. I haven't commented on it here, because trailers can be very misleading, and I don't want to get all riled up over something if it's not even going to be in the movie the way it appears it will--or at all, for that matter.

Cheers,

The Wook.

Wish I could say I was surprised but honestly I've been disappointed since RO,which I complained about over in that thread. but was like hey.. I'll give TFA a shot.. and after getting out of that I realized they weren't interested in making films for who the fans are but who they wanted the fans to be. I passed on the TLJ and the hype train for this movie didn't even pull into the station and from what little I've read, Not going to lie, kind of hoping for another TLJ backlash on this too so I can enjoy some nice schadenfreude while they try to blame everyone else but themselves.

Seems like they refuse to step back and instead just continue to double down because they're right and everyone else is clearly wrong and a bunch of idiots.

As I keep saying, LFL have no plan....."Making it up as I go" George style doesn't work these days,....the audience deserves better

LFL need to talk to Kevin Feige,....at least for some advice

J

My dead serious and sincere Star Wars worst to best:

12. TLJ

11. THE Holliday special

10. ewoks: caravan of courage

9. the Ewok movie

8. TFA

7. AOTC

6. TPM

5. ROTS

4. R1

3. ROTJ

2. ESB

1. Star Wars

That's a high-SWIQ ranking you got there, OldKen. I'd have ROTS over R1, and maybe Eps 1 and 2 ahead of it, as well. But that's quibbling.

The Wook

My dead serious and sincere Star Wars worst to best:

12. TLJ

11. THE Holliday special

10. ewoks: caravan of courage

9. the Ewok movie

8. TFA

7. AOTC

6. TPM

5. ROTS

4. R1

3. ROTJ

2. ESB

1. Star Wars

I'd go for exactly the same Ken....& I predict Solo will go between R1 & ROTS

J

so basically the intent of that ranking is to show your utter disdain for TLJ by placing it behind the Ewok and Holiday specials--things even the actors involved likely still cringe at--just to drive the point of how much you hate TLJ.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to hate it... only that it's a bit ridiculous to rate it behind things that aren't even part of the main story like the Holiday Special. You did say "dead serious"... so I'm assuming you didn't mean this as tongue-in-cheek.

Again... it's OK to hate TLJ if you do... there's just no reason to go so overboard to make that point. What did the Holiday Special for example add to the overall story of SW that makes it more worthy than TLJ?

so basically the intent of that ranking is to show your utter disdain for TLJ by placing it behind the Ewok and Holiday specials--things even the actors involved likely still cringe at--just to drive the point of how much you hate TLJ.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to hate it... only that it's a bit ridiculous to rate it behind things that aren't even part of the main story like the Holiday Special. You did say "dead serious"... so I'm assuming you didn't mean this as tongue-in-cheek.

Again... it's OK to hate TLJ if you do... there's just no reason to go so overboard to make that point. What did the Holiday Special for example add to the overall story of SW that makes it more worthy than TLJ?

Ummm...Itchy fantasizing over Dionne Warwick.

Duh.

;)

Not exactly adding tons to the story.

Sure he has become a astoundingly much loved character over the years (I still can't fathom why)but as a kid I didn't even remember him in the special..but nevertheless wasn't at a loss when he turned up in ESB... so clearly glimpsing that character in the special wasn't a requirement to understanding his (small) contribution to the overall story

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back