Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Funny that in some shots, the colors of his shirt and sweatshirt make it look like he's wearing Han's vest as well.
The "vest" looking jacket/sweater is his main wardrobe throughout the movie - it sure helps the look of a young Han, even if he is a bit tall (6'3").

The "vest" looking jacket/sweater is his main wardrobe throughout the movie - it sure helps the look of a young Han, even if he is a bit tall (6'3").

Better two inches over Ford than six inches under. Way better.

Better, to the point, that it wouldn't even make a difference, given his similar build to Ford's.

But what I'd really like to know, JD, is...is he languid?

The Wook

all this height talk, sigh.

It can work against everything as well. Look at how much the size of the T800 in Terminator Salvation drove hard core fans ape poodoo because it was based on the actual real life size of Roland Kickinger vs the 80's Arnold we were lead to believe WAS that size. If the camera can make Tom Cruise look taller than a school girl we havent much to worry about there.

As far as the film itself, nobody has yet to mention, unless ive missed it, the casting of Boba Fett.

I don't think LFL care about height. Cgi Tarkin (Guy Henry) is about 4" taller than Cushing and the new Chewie is 2" shorter than Mayhew which will make Erinrich look taller.

all this height talk, sigh.

It can work against everything as well. Look at how much the size of the T800 in Terminator Salvation drove hard core fans ape poodoo because it was based on the actual real life size of Roland Kickinger vs the 80's Arnold we were lead to believe WAS that size. If the camera can make Tom Cruise look taller than a school girl we havent much to worry about there.

As far as the film itself, nobody has yet to mention, unless ive missed it, the casting of Boba Fett.

Tom Cruise looks short in every one of his movies.

Now what's this you're saying about Boba Fett being in the Solo movie? I don't remember hearing that.

The Wook

Did the Bond movies try to make Roger Moore look like Sean Connery for 15 years?

Harrison Ford is done with the Han Solo role.

AE was not hired to be a Ford impersonator. He was hired to take over the role. If AE never looks tall onscreen then I guess the character Han Solo is going to be shorter for a while too. Time marches on.

It's the hi-tech future.

Men in the SW universe can probably go to the local cosmetic surgery clinic for height additions, shoulder broadening, or other popular forms of elective "skeletal contouring."

$3995/cm of height ($6995/cm for increases beyond 10 cm).
Immediate results.
Republic credits will be fine.

It's the hi-tech future.

Men in the SW universe can probably go to the local cosmetic surgery clinic for height additions, shoulder broadening, or other popular forms of elective "skeletal contouring."

$3995/cm of height ($6995/cm for increases beyond 10 cm).
Immediate results.
Republic credits will be fine.
The hi-tech past actually.

God, he's short. :facepalm

Looks very GOTG, to me. Although, I do see the Star Wars standard aesthetic in there.

Looks like an ewok in a case on display... man I just don't have high hopes for this. Maybe that will mean I'll love it...

It's absurd.

Those massive lifts/platforms he's got on his feet won't help him. They won't hide his tiny frame. In fact, they'll turn his already-short arms into alligator arms.

God, I wish it was Anthony Ingruber. Or the guy @JD recommends, Ansel Elgort.

The Wook

Anthony Ingruber Would have made me believe it was a young Ford, and easier to watch in my opinion. He was my first choice.

It looks like Han already has his blood stripes... but what's with this new SW costume designer that loves contrasting colors on the shoulder panels?

First Finn:
star-wars-cast-finn.jpg

Then Andor:
0ea3080ef85fe609f82ed616f435f8dd--star-wars-saga-diego-luna.jpg

Now Han too? His jacket, heck his whole outfit, has a very Battlestar Galactica look (or at least coloring) about it:

5cc7e6a3c131c0384fa2af654e168049.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back