Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

If they cast Miles Teller, they'll have basically turned this into a young Kylo Ren movie, featuring his brat years :facepalm

In all honesty, as long as it's not Teller or Franco, I'm ok with whoever they end up casting for a young Solo.

To be fair, nobody won an academy award for their acting in SW. The Anthony kid nails it in every way. Disney will probably want to do more than one movie. Movie one, Hans indoctrination into the Imperial fleet, rescue Chewie at the end and escape. Movies 2 through ? will be smuggling adventures depending on how well Movie 1 does.

To be fair, nobody won an academy award for their acting in SW. The Anthony kid nails it in every way. Disney will probably want to do more than one movie. Movie one, Hans indoctrination into the Imperial fleet, rescue Chewie at the end and escape. Movies 2 through ? will be smuggling adventures depending on how well Movie 1 does.

Han, Chewie & the Falcon is Star Wars for me,...Thats why theres 4 Star Wars films for me....at the minute,.....Han dying is a bit like the Pop Tart coming out of the toaster,.....Vincent Vegas dies in the toilet,.....but comes back in a previous story

I REALLY hope Anthony gets the role,....& theres another trilogy of Han stories,..& I want to see an earlier version of the Falcon

J

Regarding the Falcon...Im torn on seeing another version of it. I would like to see it slightly cleaner....slightly. And I want to see what Han and Chewie were riding around in before they won her from Lando. Ok so who is gonna play young Lando?

Lawrence Kasdan has stated that this will not be a Han Solo origin story - I think he said this will take place around 10 years prior to ANH.

I sure hope this han shoots first.

But I have the feeling that he's gonna have some moral compass going on

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It sounds like he is running for it, he hasn't given much info about his status, usually that means they're busy with it. Otherwise he'd be posting about how sweet it'd be to audition for the role, and he's been quiet up until today. At first I couldn't really wrap my head around him getting the role and doing a 2 hour impression and trying to do his own thing, but after seeing the other candidates, I hope to every higher being that he does get it. Miles Teller may do good drama or whatever, but NO he has no Solo vibe at all. The Franco is a outta left field choice, imo. If Rogue One takes place anwywhere remotely close to ANH's timeline, they do need someone who looks like Ford!

Yeah, I'd actually rather get a 2 hr impression by a guy that looks and sounds like Harrison Ford than any of these other guys. Yeesh... If they really are the competition here, to me it's such a no-brainer, minus going back in time and bringing a baffled and confused 20 year old Harrison Ford to the present. That'd be a lot more complicated too.

As long as the film is not an origin story it might be good. I don't need to have ALL the mystery sucked out of every character.

Ingruber definitely has the look down. I think as long as the director can keep him from doing an all out impression of Ford, he'll do nicely. I'm trying to imagine him all decked out as Solo standing next to a slightly younger Chewie, guns drawn. That, I want to see, Disney!

Lear60man is right. Nobody got an Oscar for their acting in Star Wars. So, lighten up, Lucasfilm. Take a chance on an unknown who needs this to get his own career really going. I don't think this will typecast him, either. I'm sure he can parlay this into other features, same as Ford did. (And, although I'm a huge Ford fan, he's not the greatest actor who ever lived. Let's face it.)

There are hints today that young Han might be seen in Rogue One.

Presumably in a flashback, otherwise young Han is just Han.

Would it really be necessary to have Han show up in Rogue One? Even as a cameo? I thought the point of the Anthology films was to tell stories without our lead characters. If the story is strong enough we don't need to see a who's who roster of familiar faces do we? What possible connection would Han have to the Rebellion? I mean he reluctantly got roped in by A New Hope. It would be as bad as having Chewie shoe horned into Revenge of the Sith for no reason.

I think it would be a very bad idea for han to show up in rogue one.

They need to get out of their comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Vader cameo in Rogue One would make sense, but Han seems like a stretch. Considering Leia is making a cameo in Rebels, it does seem like there's the ongoing tendency to rely on OT character appearances (going as far back as the PT), hopefully the films can get away from over-reliance on such cameos. If LF doesn't have much faith in their new characters, why should we?

If he's in it at all, maybe it'll be a "Hey mistah! Wanna join the Rebellion????"........ "***** off!" situation like they did in First Class.

Yeah, that should be it if anything at all.
Besides those rebels should have been difficult to find anyways.
Hell Solo's bread gets buttered BECAUSE of the Empire in many ways.
Smuggling is his trade.

Just have Adam Driver play young Han. Let's really see this character go out in a blaze of apathy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back