Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

what happened to that youtube kid with the impressions? No? half of these picks feel like "yeah I guess, if I had to" and the other half are like "why? why would you even? no."

what happened to that youtube kid with the impressions? No? half of these picks feel like "yeah I guess, if I had to" and the other half are like "why? why would you even? no."

Anthony Ingruber, who actually already played a young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline. Ford thought he was really good, too.

Unless he's committed to some other project or refuses to do it, seriously, just hire this guy and be done with it.

All that aside, let's bear in mind that the article says "Sources say..." which is code for "We're totally making this up..." or sometimes "Some guy I knew told me he heard it from a guy who works in accounting at a firm that provides services to the janitors at LucasFilm..."

Just tell an adventure with Chewie and be done with it.
Solo was not a complex character to delve into why he was a the way he was.
He was just a hotshot self centered arrogant smuggler in love with money and the random woman on his arm.
I hope they don't waste a film on how that came to be.
I don't need to know why the cowboy was the cowboy, it just screws it up. They just are.
We don't need to know... like The Man With No Name. One look you know enough.
He didn't get truly interesting until he started to care.

All that aside, let's bear in mind that the article says "Sources say..." which is code for "We're totally making this up..." or sometimes "Some guy I knew told me he heard it from a guy who works in accounting at a firm that provides services to the janitors at LucasFilm..."

Now picture this sentence with Michael Pena saying it in the beginning then switching to each person mentioned but still in Michael Pena's voice.

Here's my set of theories on why Ingruber isn't on the list:

1. It's a bulls*** list that someone at Variety made up or is like the old rumors that Kenneth Branagh was going to play Obi-Wan in the prequels. It's idle speculation and total nonsense.

2. Ingruber doesn't want to do it. Either because he has no interest in the part, or because his agent said "Anthony! You can't spend your entire career playing nothing but Harrison Ford parts!"

3. Ingruber is already committed to something else and is conflicted out of the project.

4. The people running casting at LFL are morons.

Of the possibilities, I'd say #4 is definitely not the case. They cast TFA exceptionally well. I find it hard to believe they'd blow it with the first non-episode film, since the non-episode films are likely to show up much more often.

#1 is probably the most likely, but #2 or #3 are also possibilities. Much as I think he'd totally nail the part, there's a real risk for an actor following up one gig with a nearly identical gig. He could end up totally pigeon-holed, and "Plays younger version of Harrison Ford" is a pretty narrow niche.

That said, I watched a video of Ford and Ingruber talking about working together on Age of Adeline. Ford started the video, and I switched to another screen while the audio played in the background. At one point, Anthony Ingruber started talking and I had no idea that it wasn't Ford anymore. He was just talking like a regular guy (not in character), and it sounded exactly like Ford. It was uncanny.

Just tell an adventure with Chewie and be done with it.
Solo was not a complex character to delve into why he was a the way he was.
He was just a hotshot self centered arrogant smuggler in love with money and the random woman on his arm.
I hope they don't waste a film on how that came to be.
I don't need to know why the cowboy was the cowboy, it just screws it up. They just are.
We don't need to know... like The Man With No Name. One look you know enough.
He didn't get truly interesting until he started to care.

could not agree more.

That's me too. I'm not saying he'll be amazing but at least I can buy that he's young Han Solo based on his looks alone. Regardless, if any of those guys on that list are seriously being considered, this is going to be a trainwreck as far as I'm concerned...

Anthony Ingruber is the obvious choice. The only reason not to get him is that really can't act - pay him whatever he needs to be paid and/or get him acting lessons.

If this is Disney wanting something more a star or rising star with buzz, stop it - you need someone who can play Han Solo and look like Han Solo. Not a star or rising star. Yes, all but one of the new, (relatively) young TFA stars were (arguably) "rising" stars (or had some buzz) - and Daisy worked out wonderfully.

Miles Teller, Dave Franco (and maybe even Scott Eastwood?) are already a little too established to make Han work.

He bears quite a resemblance to his father for sure...and nothing like Harrison Ford! Maybe he could play Boba Fett, since the character was based off the Man with No Name, anyways! Lol!

I haven't followed the development of this much, but is there some theory that this will turn into its own mini-trilogy or something? 'Cause otherwise, I see zero benefit in going with anyone who is already established. Even then, I think you're better off with a relative unknown like Ingruber or someone else entirely than Miles Teller (who's been in Fantastic Four, the Inception films, and some other stuff, too).

I just find the list fairly difficult to take seriously, at least for several of the alleged candidates.

Why do I have the feeling that no matter who does it, it's gonna come off as parody.
Yet I totally accept Ewan McGregor as young obi wan

I'm just not looking forward to this one.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1. It's a bulls*** list that someone at Variety made up or is like the old rumors that Kenneth Branagh was going to play Obi-Wan in the prequels. It's idle speculation and total nonsense.

2. Ingruber doesn't want to do it. Either because he has no interest in the part, or because his agent said "Anthony! You can't spend your entire career playing nothing but Harrison Ford parts!"

3. Ingruber is already committed to something else and is conflicted out of the project.

Of the possibilities, I'd say #4 is definitely not the case. They cast TFA exceptionally well. I find it hard to believe they'd blow it with the first non-episode film, since the non-episode films are likely to show up much more often.

#1 is probably the most likely, but #2 or #3 are also possibilities. Much as I think he'd totally nail the part, there's a real risk for an actor following up one gig with a nearly identical gig. He could end up totally pigeon-holed, and "Plays younger version of Harrison Ford" is a pretty narrow niche.

That said, I watched a video of Ford and Ingruber talking about working together on Age of Adeline. Ford started the video, and I switched to another screen while the audio played in the background. At one point, Anthony Ingruber started talking and I had no idea that it wasn't Ford anymore. He was just talking like a regular guy (not in character), and it sounded exactly like Ford. It was uncanny.

Anthony Breznican of EW tweeted out that the list is actually still much longer and some of the names on the list reported earlier are not in the running...So it's #1. :)

Anthony Breznican of EW tweeted out that the list is actually still much longer and some of the names on the list reported earlier are not in the running...So it's #1. :)

That's what I figured.

Clickbait that got repeated because entertainment sites needed to push content other than David Bowie retrospectives.

Why do I have the feeling that no matter who does it, it's gonna come off as parody.
Yet I totally accept Ewan McGregor as young obi wan

I'm just not looking forward to this one.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah the prequels had to recast existing roles out of necessity but there is just no need for this movie. I wasn't even crazy about Ewan as Obi-wan for that matter. He was adequate but I just never bought him as a younger version of the old man we see in ANH. This is a minefield they could easily avoid and I think it will be a miracle if this works.

From his FB page a few minutes ago:
IMG_20160111_152020.jpg

Oh nice! So hopefully that means he's in the running although he seems like such an obvious choice.

It's not #2 or #3. Anthony wants it badly. And he has kept his schedule clear for it if it materializes.

Keep in mind, that article says there are a dozen finalists, but they only name about 8 actors. So just because AI's name is not on there, means nothing.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back