Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

... Just have to throw in the little things that make Solo so appealing to everyone and build around that.

exactly. River Phoenix made Young Indy his own and very believable because he took on some of the characteristics and ticks that Harrison gave Indy. Ingruber knows those personality characteristics already.. he is way ahead of the game if he is chosen to audition. now, remember, Ingruber did that youtube "reel" SEVEN Years ago ( 2008)
He is now 25 and has some experience with a few projects. If he can act... I am all behind the guy to be Han Solo... after all, Han Solo isn't exactly Shakespeare anyway! :D

for me, Han Solo has to look like a young Han Solo to keep my in the world of Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. Ewan McGregor was a pretty close young resemblance so he was believable as Young Obi Wan to me in the prequels. if he looked nothing like him then we wouldn't feel the connection to the character. the actor to play young Han really has to look like it could be Harry Ford as a younger version for this to actually work and Ingruber has the look... that's not saying they can't find someone else that does as well. I want to SEE a young Han Solo (Harrison Ford look alike) on screen. A doppelgänger is a prerequisite in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony Ingruber no doubt about it. Guy from breaking Bad no way, he's not even in the same ball park as Ingruber.

I think the rumor is that Aaron Paul is going to be in Rogue One, not playing Han.

Personally, I think Ingruber is great but I'd rather see someone who naturally embodies the character, not watch a two hour impersonation. In short bursts I think he's great, but finding a guy who can carry a film on his back is more important for me. Not to say he can't do it, but I don't know that the evidence is there.

I think the rumor is that Aaron Paul is going to be in Rogue One, not playing Han.

Personally, I think Ingruber is great but I'd rather see someone who naturally embodies the character, not watch a two hour impersonation. In short bursts I think he's great, but finding a guy who can carry a film on his back is more important for me. Not to say he can't do it, but I don't know that the evidence is there.

A 2 hour impersonation is exactly what we need. The film needs someone who looks and talks like Harry. This isn't a case like the recast of Obi Wan where the character was already in his 60's. We've already seen a 30ish Han Solo and that's what the fans are looking for. After all, we are a picky crowd [emoji12]

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 2 hour impersonation is exactly what we need. The film needs someone who looks and talks like Harry. This isn't a case like the recast of Obi Wan where the character was already in his 60's. We've already seen a 30ish Han Solo and that's what the fans are looking for. After all, we are a picky crowd [emoji12]

Reel

Eh, I'd prefer they cast the best actor. An impressionist often doesn't have a lot of range outside of mimicking what's already been seen on screen.

If I want to see young Harrison Ford doing ANH Solo, I'll watch ANH. If we're getting an origin story with the character in a completely different situation chronologically, emotionally and physically, I want the actor who can take us there convincingly, even if that means showing a character who isn't exactly what we expect. Otherwise, it risks coming off like cartoonish fan service. IMHO.

To be clear, I'm not advocating a "fresh take" or reinterpretation of the character. Solo is Solo, period. I'll leave it to that OTHER active thread to deal with the validity of rebooting a beloved character.

But I think the right actor can bring more to an existing character - without resorting to reimagining anything - better than someone who's building their performance, outside-in, from a place of rote impersonation.

I was watching a long interview he did on Youtube and it was very thoughtful in what he said about playing that character in 'Adeline'.

It's not the verbatim, but basically he said it's hard because he's not doing an impression of Harrison Ford and is hard not crossing the line to the point of where you're spoofing a person like how you would see in comedy. The challenge is playing as Harrison Ford AS another character. Basically being very mindful of the role, but trying to play it faithfully to his style without being over the top.

It really sounds like he has a tremendous care in not crossing the line and just impersonating Harrison Ford dressed up in the same costumes. I think he would do a great job.

For a film like this to work, people need to IMMEDIATELY see Han Solo, or it's going to fall flat.

No, but Roger Moore didn't have to be Connery's incarnation of Bond when the movie ended. Even if the do a series, you know it'll end with Solo heading off to Tatoinne and Mos Eisely for some reason. If it's a one-shot that ends years prior to ANH it'll be easier to work with.

Yeah, I still think this is a bad idea but I'm on the Ingruber bandwagon too if we just have to have a Solo origins movie.

Last edited:

I understand the "why" of the making this, but it just isn't that interesting to me. As much as I like Han I think it's fair to attribute a large percentage of that to Ford's performance. He oozed cool all through that era and into other characters like Deckard, and I just don't really know if there's a 20 something actor out there that could do the same. Fett getting a spinoff makes more sense to me as they could "Dread Pirate Roberts" the armor and identity, and honestly he has very little characterization anyway so there's a lot of room to play.

I'm excited for TFA, and for Rogue One, but I'm not to interested in the Solo solo (badum tiss)

Watch this link below and tell me if you think this guy should not at least a screentest audition for the Solo movie. It's almost feels like destiny. Now some will say he's just an imitator and has little acting experience, just like many people in the SW movies had little experience before they were cast.
At least screentest the guy, he look more like Ford than anyone else does. Ford was his hero and inspiration to get into acting. He is 25 now. They said late teens early 20s Han in the upcoming film. But if 25 year old Hamill can play near 20 year old Luke, why can't Anthony play Solo being slightly younger?
http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Harrison-Ford-Talking-About-Anthony-Ingruber-38144215

Watch this link below and tell me if you think this guy should not at least a screentest audition for the Solo movie. It's almost feels like destiny. Now some will say he's just an imitator and has little acting experience, just like many people in the SW movies had little experience before they were cast.
At least screentest the guy, he look more like Ford than anyone else does. Ford was his hero and inspiration to get into acting. He is 25 now. They said late teens early 20s Han in the upcoming film. But if 25 year old Hamill can play near 20 year old Luke, why can't Anthony play Solo being slightly younger?
http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Harrison-Ford-Talking-About-Anthony-Ingruber-38144215

Youre a month too late

Reel

I knew he had been mentioned before, as I took a copy and paste of when I posted this somewhere else. But I don't think this particular video I last posted was ever posted here before.

Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

I swear someone needs to take notice. I know a lot are against this kid because of the impressions he does, but seriuosly he looks the part, right age and with the right acting coach THIS IS HAN SOLO!! Don't try to do impersonations, just make the part his own. It's all about the look, and this kid looks like Han Solo. Forget trying to impersonate Ford. Me as a fan, I want someone who looks like Han Solo. Remember, this is 10 years prior to A New Hope. I want to see that scoundrel, thieving, smuggler.

Ive been on the Ingruber band wagon since day one. Still am.

Need i say more ?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

Ford's screen test. Wasn't anything extraordinary.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CH7FsX4rqI8

Reel

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back