Solo: A Star Wars Story

Yah, she wouldn't work in the mash-up Wook posted, but I think she's the spitting image of a young Leia, and I would LOVE to see Disney give her her own movie.
They made a young Solo solo film - now make a young Leia solo film.

They certainly can and quite possibly will. Everyone seems very stuck in the past discussing this film franchise. In 10 years there will be 2X as many new Star Wars films in circulation as compared to pre 2003. There are endless possibilities and Disney owns a studio charged with making films. The Avengers: Infinity War is the 19th Marvel film. Think about it.

When they showed the trailer before Infnity War this past week, multiple Tweens shouted "Lame". Unlikely ill ever punish myself by soiling my love for the original Han Solo by watching Soy Solo a Star Wars Story.

I think this guy is going to be a better Solo than Harrison Ford!

:lol
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have always felt that Harrison Ford is a mediocre actor at best. I realize my opinion isn't very popular but that doesn't really concern me. I think Tom Selleck would have made a WAY better Indiana Jones. His Han Solo? He always came off as if he was just...bored. I, for one, am happy to see someone else's take on the character.

9GqtRyi.gif

GF2DGMs.gif

60GtuJP.gif

CnNZabj.gif

When they showed the trailer before Infnity War this past week, multiple Tweens shouted "Lame". Unlikely ill ever punish myself by soiling my love for the original Han Solo by watching Soy Solo a Star Wars Story.
Well I for one hold the opinions of tweens and other snowflakes in high regard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well I for one hold the opinions of tweens and other snowflakes in high regard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol, you really missed the point. Outside of this echo chamber this film is being savaged by original SW fans at least 60/40 who have zero interest in seeing it. It's all too apparent that NU Star Wars is targeting younger audiences for their stories. When you are getting this reaction from the younger age group...your film is not going to do so well.

Here's an idea Disney and Lucasfilm!

Don't make any more movies with Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, or Princess Leia in them. It's clear you have no understanding, love or respect for them as characters.

Just make Star Wars movies that have nothing to do with them. Set them in other parts of the galaxy, or another time period. Try doing something new with an entirely new cast that has nothing to do with the Rebellion/ Empire conflict.

Maybe then people will be on board.

AND STOP INSULTING YOUR FAN BASE. You might win some of them back just by curbing the attitude.

Here's an idea Disney and Lucasfilm!

Don't make any more movies with Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, or Princess Leia in them. It's clear you have no understanding, love or respect for them as characters.

Just make Star Wars movies that have nothing to do with them. Set them in other parts of the galaxy, or another time period. Try doing something new with an entirely new cast that has nothing to do with the Rebellion/ Empire conflict.

Maybe then people will be on board.

AND STOP INSULTING YOUR FAN BASE. You might win some of them back just by curbing the attitude.

They've already ruined Luke and Leia for me. They can't do much more to ruin their character arcs.

Don't disagree, "Arrival" was brilliantly done, BUT the mood and story of that movie is radically different to a fast paced actioner like "Solo", where the audience have very little time to pick up visual clues before the shot changes. It was very noticable in the bar scenes where aliens, certainly around the edges almost disappeared from view, like you were looking through a dirty window.
I can't recall having to squint at a cinema screen for decades but I had to watching parts of this trailer, it was as dim as a muddy hell.Bearing in mind the likely antipathy towards the film from certain quarters they might want to rethink just how grimy they make parts of it.

PS. New TV spot trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCenR1aWoE

They probably want to keep Alden in the dark so that he kinda looks like Harrison Ford. :) Good decision.

A trilogy of young Han Solo movies. This is no shock to me. They will remake A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. It will happen. Make no mistake. If The Last Jedi pissed you off, just wait folks. Just wait.

I've been saying this for years, but nobody believes it'll happen. But, after TLJ, anything goes.

Gotta kill the past, ya' know.

...they must have seen something in his ability as an actor for him to have got the part against all the other options and given all the physical differences.

There is a HUGE "behind the curtain" process we never see. Before official casting, the number of scenes all these actors go through with each other hoping to find that perfect balance between personalities, whether one combo of actors compliments another, will a no name actor work well against an established actor, etc. must be mind numbing! I'm giving the movie and all the actors a fair chance. I just WANT the story to be fun and NOT in my face PC.

Plus, I'm a HUGE Falcon fan so it will be fun to see her (I say her because she's DEF a defined and important SW character) origins and how she winds up looking the way she does. :)

There is a HUGE "behind the curtain" process we never see. Before official casting, the number of scenes all these actors go through with each other hoping to find that perfect balance between personalities, whether one combo of actors compliments another, will a no name actor work well against an established actor, etc. must be mind numbing!

But, SofaKing, don't forget, there's a curtain behind the curtain. It's called nepotism. Spielberg made a phone call to KK, and the fix was in.

The Wook

I've been against this movie from day one, but I'm loving the look of the movie (although it looks way too dark and moody). And it's always great to see some classic Imperial troops and ships on the screen again.

I liked Rogue One for all that and because it looked more like Star Wars than the new trilogy does, imo. But the story was kinda blah along with most of the characters. (I'm looking at you, in particular, Jyn Erso.)

Does that help you to enjoy them? Taking the pressure off to need them to live up to the holy trinity of the OT?

I suppose somewhat, it's not a conscious decision I made, just the way my brain views them. Even the prequels never jived in my head with the OT. R1 is probably the most enjoyable alternate SW I've seen, probably because it didn't try to bring in major characters we already knew except Tarkin (look away!) and Vader (I thoroughly enjoyed that).
The idea of telling Han's back story is a cool idea but I still look at it as fanfiction, I might be able to enjoy it because of that but I don't have any plans to see it in the theater.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back