Solo: A Star Wars Story

He's Han Solo for the same reason Shia LeQueef was Indiana Jones son... Steven Spielberg. Spielberg gets a hard on for these young male actors and forces them into everything. Kinda strange. I mean how many movies has Shia been in that were either produced by or directed by Spielberg? Lots.

Thanks for the link, Noeland.

Of course, I didn't need the side-by-side voice comparison to know that he sounds nothing like Han Solo.

The Wook

I know. Nobody needs it. I just thought it was an interesting video because of just how glaringly different they are. It's painfully different, and even the most tone deaf among us can tell this guy isn't even trying to convey Harrison Ford's tone, delivery, or vocal cadence. But honestly, I think that's the point. I don't think they're really trying to make him sound or act like Harrison Ford. I think they're trying to reintroduce Han Solo as a new character.

I know that Solo is not necessarily TLJ.
They are both Disney Star Wars so it is not totally comparing Carrots and Potatoes.

Based on finally seeing TLJ, I am genuinely afraid of what Solo is going to turn out to be.

Just look at Chewie in TLJ, the only good part.
It showed that he is the prime pilot of the Falcon but that was it.

Now the BAD; his only major scene is cooking but not eating two Porgs.
He is a wookie. When angry he might rip your arms off but he is not allowed to eat.
The birds are dead already... what a waste and a hypocritical plot point.... being generous with the word plot.

Luke is able to kill a fish and that is fine? The fish maybe smarter than Ackbar.
How about those lovable Ewoks, they wanted to cook Han and probably already had eaten some Imperials.
So the idea of eating humans is fine.

It is as if everything is out of phase. Not 90 or 180 degrees but an odd angle that is not easily corrected.

I just perused the notmysolo hashtag on twitter. WOW. Fair mix of fan opinions, I would say the passion for the character to be potrayed properly is well represented.

Ron Howard posted a new photo today of a Tie Fighter getting destroyed.

Voice comparison. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=qn5vkJfWibc

AE sounds weird and nasally. Kind of grating too.

I am confused as to why they didn't compare AE's "We're fine" line to Ford's similar "We're Fine. Everything's fine. How are you?" line.

Look people a "Chewie" walnut.

IMG_2649.JPG

Ben

Cool commercial, but it seems like there's this strange need to make the galaxy feel bigger by never showing the same alien species twice. Drives me crazy. Unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been an Ithorian (Hammerhead) in SW since Mos Eisley. Was there some kind of mass-extinction?

Huh, a Denny’s add that seems to showcase some of the new Solo aliens...Apparently the exact same set we will see Lando lose the Falcon to Han.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWiCjiYi7o

Well, I'm surprised they got Alden to do a Denny's commercial. But I must say, it appears I've been too harsh on him regarding his size, because he looks much bigger here than I remember him looking in everything else I've seen him in. My bad.

The Wook

Cool commercial, but it seems like there's this strange need to make the galaxy feel bigger by never showing the same alien species twice. Drives me crazy. Unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been an Ithorian (Hammerhead) in SW since Mos Eisley. Was there some kind of mass-extinction?

I think it's because a bunch of people get to play in the SW sandbox so they are throwing out their "cool" designs in place of the aliens we know usually populate the universe. I'm all for more aliens, but do like Rogue One and stick them in there with what we know should be there. I think SW was getting a little stereotypical in that, games specifically, had all Gran/Rodians/Weequay work for Hutts, every Trandoshan is a bounty hunter, etc. So I like more variety, but don't all of the sudden have a bunch of aliens we always see everywhere, not there.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back