Solo: A Star Wars Story

The only hand in the poster is Lando's and it either holding a Colt 45 malt liquor, or his jacket.
Not Colt 45, and I doubt Billy D is getting royalties ;)

Saw this at a local Brewfest and had to take a picture.
78649e848e0b10760cd2869f767be6f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How funny would it be if this movie blew up and totally brought fans on board after the disaster of Ep. 8?

Most of us were anticipating 8 was going to be amazing and Solo a flop.

Just a thought.

Disney will steamroll on regardless of what any of us think. Good or bad.

So, the production actually wanted Alden to mimic Ford? Why on earth for? I thought that was the whole reason they hired someone who didn't even look like Ford. So, the "actor" could put his own spin on it.

This movie was just a bad idea. But, I'm sure it will make tons of money, so whatever.

So, the production actually wanted Alden to mimic Ford? Why on earth for? I thought that was the whole reason they hired someone who didn't even look like Ford. So, the "actor" could put his own spin on it.

This movie was just a bad idea. But, I'm sure it will make tons of money, so whatever.
This film just kind of came out of nowhere. Did anybody really want to see Han Solo's origin story? Han Solo is my favorite character in the SW universe but I never cared to see his origin story. I feel like there's so many other stories waiting to be told in the SW universe that aren't tethered to the established classic characters. Its a big universe after all not everything has to involve Luke, Han, Leia and co.

This film just kind of came out of nowhere. Did anybody really want to see Han Solo's origin story? Han Solo is my favorite character in the SW universe but I never cared to see his origin story. I feel like there's so many other stories waiting to be told in the SW universe that aren't tethered to the established classic characters. Its a big universe after all not everything has to involve Luke, Han, Leia and co.

The story came from Lawrence Kasdan way back before the sale to Disney, so not exactly out of nowhere.

If this makes The Wook tear his hair out. I claim first dibs. I need some braids for the Mando I'm working on.

Last edited:
It's all just typical big studio BS.

Gotta make a Han Solo movie because that's where the money is. People want their old favorites.

Gotta hire "edgy" directors who have shown zero ability to do anything like this. Gotta hire an actor who looks & sounds nothing like Harrison. I mean, people want something new.

Gotta replace these new directors and start coaching the actor to act like Harrison though, because people want their old favorites.

The (first) directors choice is especially annoying to me. Nothing against those two guys on their own stuff, but Lucasfilm basically hired people who had not shown any ability or promise for doing this job. It's literally like hiring a rock or hip-hop star to direct the orchestra soundtrack because you want it to sound cooler.

Yeah there are a lot of things that sound a bit suspect...but this isn't! Thandie with a few comments starting at the 1:20 mark..

https://youtu.be/Q2OzaWMihbM

Uh, this is just an actor being interviewed on camera giving absolutely no detail about her character or the movie. She says her character is "empowered", she obviously likes working with Woody and she's being diplomatic about the rest of the cast. Standard press junket BS.

Let me guess how the 'Behind the Scenes, Making of' featurette will go...

"We worked really hard to stay true to the Star Wars universe and the characters that George created...it was so much fun working with so and so...the creative team really brought their 'A' game...we were heavily inspired by McQuarrie...blah blah blah.

No mention of the turmoil and the massive budget issues and the firings. Just candy coated nonsense.

Budget issues?

I know about the director swap & the re-shoots but I didn't hear about budget trouble beyond that.

Even our own self appointed Disney representative estimated a 50% addition to the original budget in post #4313, so it could even be 60% plus. So yeah, I guess you can call that a budget issue, a big budget issue.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back