Solo: A Star Wars Story

Sorry, why are we talking about Adam Driver here? I realize this thread gets off topic A LOT. But, Adam Driver as Solo's son is the result of what some (crazy) person thinks 2 attractive people (hey, Carrie was hot once) would create together. What we're talking about here is someone BEING Han Solo. That's different.

Just like Alden Ehrenreich is VERY different from Harrison Ford. :rolleyes And, despite this ridiculously forced photo study, I think we can all agree that Adam driver is brutal looking. Nothing like Ford.

I stated why it's relevant in a following post.

I'm not grading these men on their attractiveness, not wired that way. Aside from that I see similar physical features in both of them. And, really, people are making too much of my posts. I'm not saying Driver is a perfect Ford clone, or that he should play young Solo or anything like that. Just that there is a real resemblance there. Unlike that baby-face Jaitea posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, pretty much anything they do (or don't do) would be interpreted as damage control. Even if the movie is good this is a no-win stretch of time.

My guess is Disney senses that expectations are way too high and the movie isn't good enough (maybe not bad, but not great either). They are trying to keep the hype down. Their best hope is that the public will treat it no worse than fairly.

I agree that they have shown us suspiciously little of Alden E in the role. But they have shown too much for it to be a "big reveal" like with Harrison Ford in that Ep#7 trailer. IMO they don't think Alden will be a strong point. They have been painting the movie as more of an ensemble thing the farther along it gets.

Last edited:
At this point with almost any Star Wars movie why do they really need to spend the 100% advertising budget for Solo? With existing trailers and a super bowl commercial I'm sure the are starting to figure that wit SW they don't need to advertise as much.

**** Disney Star Wars. I'll stick to the original, unaltered trilogy that came out back before crazy Lucas doctored it up with a bunch of emasculated s***, like when he decided Han "didn't shoot Greedo first". Nah, I'm okay with a protagonist being sleazy, as one would expect a smuggler to do in a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

This film reeks of failure. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the film gets pushed back an extra two months in order to replace all blasters with CGI walkie talkies.

**** Disney Star Wars. I'll stick to the original, unaltered trilogy that came out back before crazy Lucas doctored it up with a bunch of emasculated s***, like when he decided Han "didn't shoot Greedo first". Nah, I'm okay with a protagonist being sleazy, as one would expect a smuggler to do in a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

This film reeks of failure. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the film gets pushed back an extra two months in order to replace all blasters with CGI walkie talkies.

giphy.gif

I hope you realise how dangerous a walkie talkie can be, you point it in the wrong direction and you can have someone's eye out with the radio antenna!

7/10 rant, you can do better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back