Solo: A Star Wars Story

LOL Noeland, your picture-post has singlehandedly made me feel the tiniest bit reassured about the way the actual Solo movie is looking :thumbsup

...but I'm sure someone here will try their best to take away that feeling before too long ;)

Last edited:
LOL Noeland, your picture-post has singlehandedly made me feel the tiniest bit reassured about the way the actual Solo movie is looking :thumbsup

...but I'm sure someone here will try their best to take away that feeling before too long ;)

Wow, and I was just making a joke. :) You know, I really want to love this movie. I want it to be great.

I refuse to believe this is a coincidence!

yonsjskh.3mb.jpg

Emilia Clarke had better watch out. WOOF!

Dang. That's a good one.

I just image-searched that guy. He looks Harrison as hell in this pic. Just put a Fedora on him.

american-actor-grey-damon-dating-a-new-girlfriend-in-2018-what-is-the-identity-of-his-new-profou.jpg

Celebrity Wiki calls him 6'2". He actually looks a bit too tall & lean for Harrison in the pics. But it's a whole lot closer to the mark than Alden Ehrenriech. AE looks visibly short like Tom Cruise.

He's got my vote, at least on raw appearance.

Last edited:
Watching 'Aquarious' starring David Duchovney,....there's a rookie cop acted by Grey Damon,....has a young Harrison vibe
https://tvgeektalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Helter28.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9xjKWDAx_dc/VUOUnQGVSNI/AAAAAAAAPrw/h_GO4Yf5Xzw/s1600/NUP_168489_0098.jpg

Too late, I know

J

Dang. That's a good one.

I just image-searched that guy. He looks Harrison as hell in this pic. Just put a Fedora on him.

View attachment 803560

Celebrity Wiki calls him 6'2". He actually looks a bit too tall & lean for Harrison in the pics. But it's a whole lot closer to the mark than Alden Ehrenriech. AE looks visibly short like Tom Cruise.

He's got my vote, at least on raw appearance.

At 6' 2", his height is just about perfect, as Harrison was 6' 1". And Harrison was super lean. Wirey muscular, but lean. So I don't see how this guy could be "too tall and lean".

Still prefer Ingruber, given his uncanny likeness to Ford, and his exceptional ability to sound like Ford--not to mention he's a perfect 6' 1". But this is a good call, Jaitea. At least from the few photos you fellas have posted.

The Wook

ps~Did you guys notice that Alden's hands are not visible, they're hidden in front of him, in the rear, silhouetted shot in the trailer? That's because he's got enormous platform shoes on in the shot, and his arms would look like T-Rex arms if left hanging at his side in full view. As it is, it looks like his legs make up 2/3 of his overall height, due to the platform shoes.

Harrison may have been 6'1" around 1980-ish but he didn't seem quite as tall/wiry as this new guy does in some images. I'm focusing on the way people appear on film rather than their literal measurements.

Not that it's really a big difference. It isn't. I am totally nitpicking compared to how different AE looks.

The AE choice is branching the role away from Harrison, plain and simple. Like the way the Sarah Connor character has been branched away from the image of Linda Hamilton in the TV series & recent movies.

Donald Glover isn't all that close to Billy Dee Williams either. He's similar skin color/ethnicity and he has some kind of facial hair. That's about it. Lots of other actors could look closer to BDW in a still image than he does.

ps~Did you guys notice that Alden's hands are not visible, they're hidden in front of him, in the rear, silhouetted shot in the trailer? That's because he's got enormous platform shoes on in the shot, and his arms would look like T-Rex arms if left hanging at his side in full view. As it is, it looks like his legs make up 2/3 of his overall height, due to the platform shoes.

I doubt they would go to those lengths just to hide the height issue. Platform shoes aren't unusual onscreen but I would be surprised if they were compromising important shots over it. They could just clear away any objects that make his height too easy to pick out. Either that or use a stand-in double. If they picked a double who was maybe 2-3" taller than AE then he would still be sorta short and the difference wouldn't be easily noticed.

Last edited:
[match game audience]How Short is He?![/match game audience]

Wiki says 5'8"
That's shorter then I imagined. You would think it would be a prerequisite to be at least 5'11 in order to play Han Solo. Sure you can wear lifts and use all the camera trickery but it would be better not to need any of that in the first place.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back