Solo: A Star Wars Story

What in the name of the sweet baby ***** is going on at LFL?

Disney, for the sake of your once great branding, cut loose the terrible leadership that is completely destroying the legacy of the worlds most loved movie franchise by making such terrible decisions like trolling its fan base and approving this instead of doing their actual job.

Disney will pay and we won't hear another thing about it...

If the French artists are smart there will be no settlement. This open and shut case would be heard in an EU court and that would be a financial windfall to say the very least. That budget blow out just went cyclonic.

If the French artists are smart there will be no settlement. This open and shut case would be heard in an EU court and that would be a financial windfall to say the very least. That budget blow out just went cyclonic.
It's Disney we're talking about. There *will* be an out-of-court settlement.

I'm just wondering what the person who made the Solo posters was thinking! There's no way anyone could claim that it's just a coincidence.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I'm just wondering what the person who made the Solo posters was thinking! There's no way anyone could claim that it's just a coincidence.

Sent using Tapatalk.

We shall see. If Sony own the thing completely dont discount the possibility that they would like nothing more than dragging such a big rival through the system. This is a no lose scenario.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Copyright infringement isn't a bottomless pit of financial damages that can be claimed. That's assuming this even was copyrighted work. Maybe Dan can opine on the legal aspect. And liability is likely shared between a few entities.

If the artist received a payment for his work by Sony, then the work belongs to Sony,...they probably made a deal with LFL for the design

The artist (depending on his contract with Sony) is out of the picture & does't need consulted

Peter Blake only got £200 for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

J

Last edited:
Well, that's odd. Here's what I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itE8Cd85-QM

It begins with his entrance, and then at the conclusion of the near-11 minute long segment, it appears that he's done for the evening, if you listen to what Colbert is saying. I don't know where this 1:42 segment came from. Was it on the show, or was it cut from the broadcast? Or did he come out for a second segment? Which would be odd, as that kind of extended airtime is usually reserved for megastars.

Can anyone shed light on this? Perhaps someone who actually saw the broadcast that night?

The Wook

That's what I saw as well. At least, it's what I think I saw. Now I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing it (even further).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back