Solo: A Star Wars Story

Warwick Davis was in Rogue One, TFA, Phantom Menace etc. as well but not as an Ewok. He could be playing any small character.

To true.I did say make of it what you will. At least its more interesting than the little stuff we are getting from Disney. It just highlights to me that Disneys creative well is so dry that they have to keep drawing from Lucas`s. Thats why I`m keen to see what the GOT guys come up with in terms of originality.

star wars deleted scene mos eisley.jpg

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this. I mean, it doesn't really have much to beat coming the TLJ. And if anything it'll be fun to watch, and fun to just look at the costumes and creatures and sets and props, unlike the last jedi. The sequel trilogy universe design is so boring and generic. I hate the fact that none of the new characters are non human. Why not make Holdo twi'lek or chiss? Nah, well just give her pink and purple hair. Also there aren't any previously established alien species. Twi'leks are supposed to be almost as common as humans. Just makes me annoyed from a universe continuity standpoint. Especially with todays technology and their production budgets. Anyway, at least these spinoffs LOOK like star wars.

Speaking of potentially gratuitous characters, has anyone seen or heard anything regarding the "Corellian hounds" that are in the Lego set?

I'm pretty much against thrse type of cross-overs. It's a big universe and forcing too many convenient bumps into each other can be really distracting.

I loved R1, but when Jinn ran into Dr. Evazan and Ponda Boba it was one of these "Hey look at us" moments that was unnecessary. Same with R2 & 3PO on Yavin 4, that one really made no sense.

That said, it can be done right too. I liked seeing Red and Gold Leader in R1.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I totally get what you’re saying, but I would love to see Jyn Erso pop in. The Dr. Evazan and Ponda scene in R1 made me have a good smile.......something the new Star Wars movies have had a hard time making me do.

I totally get what you’re saying, but I would love to see Jyn Erso pop in. The Dr. Evazan and Ponda scene in R1 made me have a good smile.......something the new Star Wars movies have had a hard time making me do.

I'd like to hear familiar names, or see some models but not the *exact* same vehicles once in a while. Just like real life, we see/hear about cities and countries that exist, but arent thrown in our face to know they are there.

Something like this: Han needs a hiding spot because he made some gangsters mad (lets say he swiped some loot and claimed he lost it in an Imperial seize) so he, Lando, and Chewie check the charts, "Alderaan, its a quiet place, no trouble there, we'd be fine hiding there!" And then they settle on hiding inside an asteroid and keeping the payload to themselves. Something to show its the same galaxy, but not shoehorning in faces, and not making it so different that it seems like a fanfic film made by someone who just doesnt get it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back