Solo: A Star Wars Story

Exactly. I don't think I'd like to watch a movie where the ****ing red panels of the Falcon come from. I can shrug that off/use my imagination.

G W Zipper said:
viewpost-right.png

Why would Solo remove all traces of the blue paint, and then randomly paint assorted panels red? I mean, if you're going to go to the effort of a repaint, those red panels make zero sense. If they're the same ship, there's been no concession to aesthetics in the modifications, except for the blue-paint-off, red-paint-on thing. That change is inconsitent with the other changes.

SethS said:
viewpost-right.png

I think you guys hoping it's not the actual Falcon are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I just enjoy thinking of all the different possibilities and direction(s) it can go. :)

Starkiller came up with a possible idea: Maybe what were looking at is a type of heavier armor plating that Han decides to dump during the Kessel Run or if he's being chased? Those panels then get replaced with others he's able to find during his upcoming adventures?

- - - Updated - - -

I just enjoy thinking of all the different possibilities and direction(s) it can go. :)

look how thick the hull plating is now.....It makes the Turret & Walkways really low looking.....the Falcon is under all the extra plating

Below: The Solo Falcon concept model which is the FineMolds 1/72 modified & an image of the FM 1/72 un modded

attachment.png

Below the CG asset

attachment.png

J

viewpost-right.png

viewpost-right.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say it's a smuggling ship. There'll be a "Lord of War"-type scene where they'll modify it quickly to make it appear as a different ship as authorities or rival smugglers are bearing down on them.

G W Zipper said: https://www.therpf.com/images/styles/prometheus/buttons/viewpost-right.png
Why would Solo remove all traces of the blue paint, and then randomly paint assorted panels red? I mean, if you're going to go to the effort of a repaint, those red panels make zero sense. If they're the same ship, there's been no concession to aesthetics in the modifications, except for the blue-paint-off, red-paint-on thing. That change is inconsitent with the other changes.

SethS said: https://www.therpf.com/images/styles/prometheus/buttons/viewpost-right.png
I think you guys hoping it's not the actual Falcon are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

look how thick the hull plating is now.....It makes the Turret & Walkways really low looking.....the Falcon is under all the extra plating

Below: The Solo Falcon concept model which is the FineMolds 1/72 modified & an image of the FM 1/72 un modded

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=794147&d=1518113306

Below the CG asset

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=794148&d=1518113391

J

There's a chance this isn't a story element and it's just that the full size falcon from the sequels has been repurposed and reskinned, having a knock on effect to the other renditions in this movie. Looking forward to seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just something I thought of today: why go to so much trouble to do CG Tarkin and Leia in R1 when they are doing a whole movie with a recast Han? Seems like they should have just recast for R1 as well.

Just something I thought of today: why go to so much trouble to do CG Tarkin and Leia in R1 when they are doing a whole movie with a recast Han? Seems like they should have just recast for R1 as well.

IMO it was because in R1 those are much shorter scenes.

now with the new star wars show, showing the falcon. i think the aero nose is removable. or maybe a custom job on the front end to make it faster, like a chin spoiler

with this new theory i am not too upset about the new nose

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back