Solo: A Star Wars Story

I think anyone putting too much stock in the ROTS Falcon probably needs to relax a little. It was a stupid little Easter Egg. If I was directing Solo, I'd hardly want to be beholden to some "blink and you'll miss it" background trivia just to keep nerds from hyperventilating.

This 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Hey.....I don't know if Hunk a Junk mentioned it or sparked my train of thought regarding the front 2 landing gears......

Well,....the gear boxes are quite big.....
.http://www.candykiller.com/mfbuild/underside.jpg

Han is a smuggler.....would you stash something in a cargo hold?

in SW (ANH)....we know Han jettisoned Jabba's cargo at the first sign of an Imperial check point....

What if he jettisoned the gar boxes full of pruck?

So by ESB he's using his reward money to put the Falcon right again

.......????

J

I don't know why-- but I always assumed the stock Falcon model was a tug for larger cargo modules.

Sorry, but I just dont bother to pay attention to your same old sales/spin routine. Nothing personal.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAha-- MAYBE!!!!

It'll be interesting to see in SOLO shows the Falcon being used as intended-- might be cool!

I think everyone is missing something looking at images of the ship. Han says in ANH "I made a lot of special modifications myself". So he strips down the ship to bare bones, both inside and out. Removes all the panels, even the upholstery on the seats inside, to make it's mass as low as possible which in space means it can move faster.

I think anyone putting too much stock in the ROTS Falcon probably needs to relax a little. It was a stupid little Easter Egg. If I was directing Solo, I'd hardly want to be beholden to some "blink and you'll miss it" background trivia just to keep nerds from hyperventilating.

Of course its a stupid easter egg, just something that came to mind. Besides, what better place to bring up background nerd trivia than the RPF ;)

I think everyone is missing something looking at images of the ship. Han says in ANH "I made a lot of special modifications myself". So he strips down the ship to bare bones, both inside and out. Removes all the panels, even the upholstery on the seats inside, to make it's mass as low as possible which in space means it can move faster.

Exactly-- look at the differences between the Y-Wing during the Clone Wars versus the OT era.

Well, I'm sure Foxx wasn't considered a GOOD actor, as you say, when he was doing this recurring character on TV. We all gotta start somewhere, though.

https://youtu.be/3ZfPxW83P6M?t=32s

yeah recurring acting would certainly help, aye.

i've still yet to see a good movie that stars a celebrity impersonator or ANY movie that stars an impersonator for that matter....
Cate Blanchette was not doing a Katherine Hepburn impersonation in The Aviator was my gist, initially.
Rich Little ,not really good at impersonations but was considered an impersonator, never starred in a good movie from what i can recollect....

i'll boil it down. by celebrity impersonator i do not mean "a celebrity that does impersonations". i meant "an impersonator that impersonates celebrities".

there's a few for ya. yer welcome....

Last edited:
I mean... one of the first things Lando Calrissian says to Han in Empire Strikes Back is "What have you done to my ship?"

-Ash

If he hadn't been aboard between SOLO and ESB on the next extra special addition they need a quick insert of Billy Dee Williams CGI de-aged at the top of the ramp during the Cloud City escape sequence where he stops short and is all "What in the blue **** did he do to my ship!?"

DB.jpg

DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE WEEKEND
FOR FUN & GAMES!
All games are 1/2 OFF all day long
every Wednesday at Dave & Buster’s!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back