Solo: A Star Wars Story

any one else notice the dice hanging in hans speeder? was at my buddys house tonight saw the trailer on his 70" tv and he spotted it right away, cant believe i missed this

then again im watching it on a old iPhone...

The intro MF sound effects remind me of Pink Floyd's Money ....Um. lol?

One way to dirty up that spangly ship quick time would be to sink it!!!

Meh. Most real hot rod cars don't age rapidly because they don't get driven very much. They get driven, and sometimes hard, but rarely does one see the kind of mileage that suburban family can put on a minivan in 10 years.

I agree that the MF is looking way too new in this trailer. There's not much we can do about it. This is Hollywood where they also show wrecked or raggedy cars getting totally overhauled in a couple days' time.

We could always rationalize it somehow. Maybe the Falcon gets stolen and used hard by somebody in a different spacetime/gravity situation. Han gets the Falcon back and it's 30 years older but he's only 6 months older. Etc. (Marty McFly ended up in a 70yo Delorean by the end of the BTTF trilogy.) Excuses can be made up for most things.

To briefly summarise my thoughts on the footage we’ve seen: I’m really feeling it! This movie has my full support and I can not wait to check it out.
I’m hoping for good dialogue, near-misses, fist fights and speeder chases. Cool armour, weapon, droid, vehicle and costume design and a couple chuckles.
Call me easy to please but I don’t think of Star Wars as dogmatically as some people here seem to - I’m open to it being fluid and adapting to the reality that it is faced with in the present - not in the ‘77-‘83 era that, thankfully, has long-since passed.
Han is working for me, personally. I’ve never felt the same way about Lando as everyone else seems to. Everyone seems to really appreciate how ‘smooth’ he is. Doesn’t do a thing for me, smooth guys don’t move my needle a single micron.

Oh, and who cares the Falcon was a bit different early on than it ends up in A New Hope? Showing the character’s effect on his environment is another insight into the character itself. Visual storytelling, it’s a beautiful thing.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESB front landing gear boxes ... jezz
So Han remove these before ANH and then add them later again before ESB.... really.
Or - it could be the ship Han thinks he wins, but Lando swindle and Han get a much older and more beaten ship from Landos lot.
Or - Han picks a much older and more beaten ship from the lot when he wins. So him and Chewie could disappear more easy from the Empire.

Trailer leaves me pretty ambivalent, no bad or good feelings... Will check this out, but not expecting much.

However it seems you guys forgot all about the differences between each OT movie, the Vader suit, sabers and so on, that were changes made because reasons, but were never meant to be explained in-universe. Just subtile design changes because the Director/Art director/Prop master thought it would look better. But in-universe, it's still meant to be the same object, and the General Audience wouldn't notice any changes except eventually that it looks a bit better.
The reason the MF is so new and pristine looking is most likely a heavy handed visual clue to show the GA that this is a prequel/origin story, nothing more, no convoluted theory here.

Han's going to "make some special modifications himself," pulling away panels and the section between the mandibles to lose any unnecessary weight to go faster for the Kessel run. By the end of this movie, the Falcon will basically be in ANH configuration.

Han's going to "make some special modifications himself," pulling away panels and the section between the mandibles to lose any unnecessary weight to go faster for the Kessel run. By the end of this movie, the Falcon will basically be in ANH configuration.

The leaked Lego set of the MF configuration seen in the trailer is specifically named "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon", so I'm not sure, even though it would be the best scenario imo. Hopefully it doesn't all just come off accidentally as the Kessel run progresses, because I'd like to think Han made every modification himself with a purpose.

So Han remove these before ANH and then add them later again before ESB.... really.
Or - it could be the ship Han thinks he wins, but Lando swindle and Han get a much older and more beaten ship from Landos lot.
Or - Han picks a much older and more beaten ship from the lot when he wins. So him and Chewie could disappear more easy from the Empire.

The Ship of Riddles keeps on giving! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

That actually makes a LOT of sense! :)

In my head cannon, Han told Chewie to remove the extra lunch trays while he was out womanizing.

Han comes back the next day and yells at Chewie, "I said LUNCH TRAYS, not Gear bays!".

Whrooong!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As a smuggler, think of the planets he has been to. I'm sure some atmosphere is much worse for the ship (inside and out) than others.

I posted this over on the General Modelling section:

attachment.php

J

Han is broke and heavily in debt to the Hutts before ANH.
One reason the ship is not properly cared for... Anti-Wookie armor-all for white leather is expensive.
He strips and pawns parts from his own ship for cash.
Gets all the reward for rescuing the Princess.
Doesn't pay off the Hutts but buys back parts of the Falcon.
Fixing the ride comes before removing the death mark.

That is why he and Chewie are doing so much maintenance on Hoth.
He doesn't want to flee the Empire without half his ship.

There is a close up shot of an alien that really love the design of. Oh no, I can't let myself get suckered innnn ....... not again..... lol

Shortly after acquiring the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo receives a "care" package of cleaning tools in the mail from his dear old mother:

Dear Son,

It was lovely visiting your new ship the other day but I must be blunt... that Wookiee friend of yours is most untidy. At one point I caught him wiping his paws on the brand new seat covers. If you're not careful, you will most certainly end up with a pigsty that no self-respecting girl or future princess will want to set foot in.

Love,
Mother Solo

(Note: not officially canon)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back