Solo: A Star Wars Story

This is going to totally come down to his performance. The movie actually looks really good, let's just hope he can pull it off. I like the whole "putting a crew together" angle. I actually like a lot of what I saw.

I'll watch that movie. If for nothing else, it's still Star Wars (bad SW is still better than no SW) and it has Emilia Clarke which I find pleasing to the eye. Don Glover looks like fun, too. But Han himself? Probably #NotMySolo . Let's hope the story is cool, the sets are nice and the soundtrack feels like SW too.
Not hating it (so far) But not loving the crap out of it either.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Anyone have any thoughts on the blaster? Looks like traditional ANH style.

IMG_5056.PNG

A meh from me so far. I don't feel like I'm watching Han Solo, the start of the trailer was a big fat wtf, and we saw no dialogue from Lando. I'll be seeing it regardless, but I'm expecting this to be very average. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Some Falcon shots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So not totally clean....still some exhaust marks from the fans

J

J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.10.53.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.10.53.png
    847.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.09.41.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.09.41.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 392
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.09.22.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 14.09.22.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 398
AE is fighting a tough battle; people are watching for "good acting", but to many - even if it's subconsciously - "good acting" means emulating Harrison Ford's interpretation of Han Solo.

And, let's face it, we love Ford for his charisma, not his acting chops. And, since he was the only frame of reference for Han, there how do you critique his delivery of a particular line, or a facial expression, or whatever? There's no, "That's not how Han would have done it", when you're rolling out a new character (except with most of ROTJ, but I digress).

I mean, we don't know the context of this "acting coach" stuff; what if they needed to infuse more - or less - of Ford's character into AE's interpretation, and in fact AE's original version (which we will never see) was a fantastic rendition? (Not to mention, the final product might be fantastic, anyway!) We don't know what we don't know, and we shouldn't let that keep us from enjoying this film.

Note: That little pep talk was to myself, as much as anything. :)

When TLJ set photos were leaked I thought "wow, this looks bad. It doesn't even look like Star Wars." Then at celebration when we got to see that amazing first trailer I threw out all of my reservations and bought into it 110%. Then I saw TLJ in theaters and it confirmed all of my original thoughts on what the leaks showed.

Fool me once...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I really liked it, for the old OT SW vibe alone.

But I've got to admit Alden is light years away from my conception of a strong "Han Solo" . He's build is just too slight, too small and his face is way too square. IF his acting is not upto scratch then who ever directly hired him above some of the other choices should be really taken to task. It looks like they got him to sit on a seat cushion in the speeder chase though, so maybe theres some more work to go on elsewhere. Not in love with the big tentacle space monster either though.
BUT it looks and feels way better than I anticipated. Heres hoping.

Its a bit strange but if you pause it when he's in the speeder, he looks like an older Han. Elsewhere ,not so much

Last edited:
I really liked the quick bit between Alden and Amilia where she says she know’s what he is and he says,”What’s that?” The first word is delivered with a smirk and some cockiness but then it evaporated into some real vulnerability when he says ‘that’. I think that’s what we are going to see, a Han whose youth and confidence bellies his fears and insecurities.

I’m not referring to any particular person in this thread, but I really wish people would grow the **** up and stop whining about all the different ways AE is not Harrison Ford.

Don’t get me wrong - Harrison Ford’s Han Solo is iconic. In terms of characterization and charisma, he’s really really hard to beat. “Lightning in a bottle”, one might say. No argument there.

That having been said, we cannot go back in time and bring back a 25-year old Harrison Ford to play young Han Solo. We cannot clone a young Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford is 75 years old. Even if he were so inclined to play young Han Solo (and I would bet my life he would be 100% uninterested), I’m not sure even the de-aging wizards at Lola could make that work for 120 minutes, at least not without sending the already large budget into the stratosphere and doubling the film’s post-production time.

Accept that Harrison Ford will never be Han Solo again, and quit bitching about the hair, the voice, the face, etc. Whatever the whole truth is behind the “acting lessons”, I would much rather have a great Han Solo movie that nails the character, than some slavish devotion to creating a Harrison Ford facsimile.

Well I seen the Solo teaser and then the full trailer and all I've got to say is I'm on board with it! :D It definitely has a Rogue One look to it which is excellent and sensational! :D It's funny how when they first announced that there's going to be a Han Solo stand-alone movie I was thinking to myself we really don't need to see that because Han has already been in four Star Wars movies but now I'm just glad that they are covering this time period of Star Wars like they did with Rogue One and I'm definitely glad that ​Alden Ehrenreich in that first shot of him in the teaser definitely gave off a Harrison Ford vibe! :D

Awesome !!! gets me even more excited for May now :) :)
Still no signs of Fett though :p
and instead of a space slug we get an even bigger space kraken this time :) :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back